Author Topic: Opinions about spawnraping  (Read 4153 times)

Offline obitus

• Earl
  • Renown: 486
  • Infamy: 58
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeAOv_H-hh0&hd=1
  • Faction: kings of kd
Re: Opinions about spawnraping
« Reply #45 on: January 12, 2013, 09:57:21 pm »
+2

I have no idea what could be done to this,

Spawn at the same time as your team

All you late spawners, we'll make you fuckin goners

Offline Darkoveride

• Baron
  • Renown: 106
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player
  • Steppe armor best armor
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans.
  • Game nicks: GK_Darko, Commissar Darko
« Reply #46 on: January 12, 2013, 10:01:32 pm »
Have to admit since Changan left and don't play no more, GK's skill levels, respect levels and everything else has gone to shits.

thats cause most GK's dont play anymore. We all left to play DayZ and Mechwarrior.
BUBASTAN FOR LIFE

Offline Hunter_the_Honourable

• Count
  • Renown: 229
  • Infamy: 178
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Killing fairy riders for the good of cRPG.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Anti-fairy riders.
« Reply #47 on: January 12, 2013, 10:57:16 pm »
+1
thats cause most GK's dont play anymore. We all left to play DayZ and Mechwarrior.

but the ones who do still play (all new/newish members) have no skill.
How can you trust People?
They are Humans
I never trust Humans.

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 12, 2013, 11:29:36 pm »
granpappy your argument against spawn killing being exploiting is the strategy of like every multiplayer game, even this game in strategus battles, where entire teams do exactly as you are describing, which makes it especially hilariously ignorant to act like its a legitimate position.

in Call of Duty you try to pin down all the enemy spawns by keeping your guns lined up over them and killing people before they can break out, I imagine plenty of other FPS games are the same.  Is holding iron sights over enemy spawns "map exploiting" that should get people banned?  how stupid does that sound?

you made a whole thread in the admin forum months ago bitching about it after palatro caught you rejoining the server for a second life after you got killed at spawn by cav.  and your argument was that cav couching near spawn was the real exploiting, and you deserved to get a second life by rejoining the server which isn't exploiting

just stop making up rules please, you sound biased and stupid and very wrong.

if you ever ban someone for spawnkilling you seriously deserve to be punched in the face IRL for being a dumbass

In COD (newer games) you can't spawnkill as enemies spawn right behind your back. Sweet spawn system.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #49 on: January 12, 2013, 11:58:24 pm »
+1
granpappy your argument against spawn killing being exploiting is the strategy of like every multiplayer game, even this game in strategus battles, where entire teams do exactly as you are describing, which makes it especially hilariously ignorant to act like its a legitimate position.

if you ever ban someone for spawnkilling you seriously deserve to be punched in the face IRL for being a dumbass

You really can't read can you? Spawn killing isn't against the rules. This very specific incident is an exception and can be considered to be an exploit. You need to figure out what words mean.

Oh, and you are welcome to try my violent pal. I don't take to personal threats well, at all.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline Maximus101

• Noble
  • Renown: 16
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merciless
  • Game nicks: Merciless_Takeolan
« Reply #50 on: January 13, 2013, 12:07:03 am »
Anyone against the op is sayin about going to spawn i think. Killing people at spawn is ok imo, and im hardly going to let someone live because i feel sorry for them because theyve just spawned but waiting at spawn to only get spawn kills is wrong. DOnt let people in spawn for first minute is way to go imo. And yes im in gk but i haven't really played properly since being in risen :).

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • Renown: 467
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
  • Relax, it is just a life...
    • View Profile
    • Wanna work with me? Ping for more info!
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Fapulena, Useless
  • IRC nick: Cepeshi
« Reply #51 on: January 13, 2013, 12:10:40 am »
+2
Yeah, Masasa tends to do this quite often. When he is against me on some village map, i just try to wait for him to arrive and try to kill him. Mostly i fail, but sometimes not. It is not plainly against the rules, but really, argumenting with shit like: get a non-wooden pc is not cool. Not like everyone has the same possibilities of HW equipment, or its affordability, or anything.

Even i ocassionaly stutter/lag few seconds after i spawn, i guess its due to the game loading other player positions and whatnot, before it settles, doesnt happen all the time, but quite often, especially on higher population times (and yes, textures on demand ticked off). It is really annoying to get killed 2-3 second after you spawn.

The problem is, this situation cannot be prevented much without some other teammember intervening. 5 sec invincibility after spawn, meh, only if you are not allowed to kill anyone in that time, either its quite bad.

One solution could fix this: increaase round time for 6:15, let the 15 seconds to spawn guys, do not allow them to move, and on 6:00 marker allow movement. This way you got 15sec to somewhat load what you need and stick with your pals. Not to speak that if you spawn later, you might have better chance to catch up on your friends.

Still, this type of gameplay is lame, but even more lame is flexing about it in chat and teasing people you kill. Not only you take away one round of game from them, you even mock them afterwards. If you were my friend, if i knew you from TS or anything, i would not care, but trolling people you do not know with this is just...bleh. (if you got some awesome kill, go ahead, but not after latespawnrape)

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 180
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 13, 2013, 02:10:13 am »
+1
I've been spawn killed by Lennu when he was cav. Everyone does that when they are playing as cav, problem with GK is that they are cav all the time.

Offline camperus

• Knight
  • Renown: 78
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: WARPIGS
  • Game nicks: Malahostia, Trollfacegod, Camperus
« Reply #53 on: January 13, 2013, 02:29:15 am »
+3

Offline Lennu

• Marshall
  • Renown: 774
  • Infamy: 94
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Lennu
  • IRC nick: Lennu_
« Reply #54 on: January 13, 2013, 12:04:56 pm »
I've been spawn killed by Lennu when he was cav. Everyone does that when they are playing as cav, problem with GK is that they are cav all the time.

I've never been cav

(Stf chars don't count. Besides I GTX cav after 2 round :P )

Offline The_Bloody_Nine

• Marshall
  • Renown: 946
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "I am still alive"
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 13, 2013, 12:13:41 pm »
+5

I never did that, it's probably why I suck as cav.

Offline Darkoveride

• Baron
  • Renown: 106
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player
  • Steppe armor best armor
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans.
  • Game nicks: GK_Darko, Commissar Darko
« Reply #56 on: January 13, 2013, 12:50:41 pm »
+2
Leshma you were GK and not cav.
BUBASTAN FOR LIFE

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #57 on: January 13, 2013, 02:23:08 pm »
+1
Let's be frank here.

Almost all of the people that played cav in their cRPG career spawnraped. Why? Easy kills plus it helps ur team. Did you see pople on the battlefield wait for others to awake or get ready before the attacked. I killed allot of people not minding their back running like chickens from spawn to the first building. I it a gay tactic? yes but does it help your team and is half of the fault also on the guys not watching for it? yes! After all all is fair in love and war.

Its been happening for 2 years now, get used to it and adapt!
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #58 on: January 13, 2013, 02:33:23 pm »
+3
if you throw in a bunch of small rocks in a radius around spawn you slow down cav enough to make spawnraping an unfavorable option.
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

Offline Riddaren

• Duke
  • Renown: 601
  • Infamy: 298
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Riddaren, Matthaus
« Reply #59 on: January 13, 2013, 03:35:42 pm »
if you throw in a bunch of small rocks in a radius around spawn you slow down cav enough to make spawnraping an unfavorable option.

Or even better, put the spawn points on hills.