Author Topic: NA Server Tactics  (Read 7495 times)

Offline Rheinhardt

• Noble
  • Renown: 22
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
NA Server Tactics
« on: July 01, 2012, 04:17:57 am »
+3
Has anyone else noticed NA servers consist of thirty rambos per side running pell-mell through the map with no awareness to their own team or favorable terrain to fight on? Or is this just me?

Offline Miracle

• Count
  • Renown: 237
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: s0mali_piratez
  • Game nicks: Miracle
  • IRC nick: Miracle
Re: NA Server Tactics
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2012, 04:32:16 am »
+23
Nope.  I guess no one ever noticed before.  Thank you so much for pointing out this remarkable discovery.  A+++ would read again.
also free allers, permaban digglez imo
is there anyone (NH members excluded) that would have an issue with that? basically allers is big pun and digglez is fat joe, nobody would say no to that trade

Offline bilwit

• Agent provocateur
  • Count
  • Renown: 275
  • Infamy: 181
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The toast is anarchy!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Billy_Whitmore, Andre_Whitmore, Gideon_Stargrave
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2012, 04:35:56 am »
That's why it's a public server and not an organized strategus/clan match.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Most of us are currently living off relatives, friends, parttime-jobs or savings, to be able to work as much and cheaply as possible.

Offline Rheinhardt

• Noble
  • Renown: 22
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2012, 04:41:58 am »
+2
Its so strange. You'd think people would be more interested in their multipler, brought about by winning, brought about by teamwork, than they might be in their K/D, brought about by winning lopsided duels. Is there an explaination for this pursuit of self interest, wrongly understood?

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2012, 04:46:20 am »
+14
Has anyone else noticed NA servers consist of thirty rambos per side running pell-mell through the map with no awareness to their own team or favorable terrain to fight on? Or is this just me?

Hmm which would I rather take....
30 rambos...

Or "pub tactics"

Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline Bryggan

• Marshall
  • Renown: 727
  • Infamy: 207
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: 13 Knights, HCE
  • Game nicks: Jerk, Asshole, Dumbass, etc.
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2012, 05:33:53 am »
+11
Yeah, the infantry just charge in, leaving all the archers and the polearms busy near the spawn point trying to kill 2 or 3 enemy cav.  Then, when the unsupported infantry are steam rolled by the enemy infantry/range/cav, the guys at the spawn point, delighted in their joy that it only took 8 archers and 3 polearms to finally kill the 2 horses, see the main body of enemy and either try camp or kite their way back to victory, despite being outnumbered 4:1.  A fun time for all.

Oh, did I mention 2 handers insist on being the first in the charge, and will elbow by the guys who stop to throw at the enemy group, often getting a jarid or ax in the back, but its well worth the thrill of being the first to get dropped by the archers.  I mean that's the whole point of not having a shield right, so you can run faster into that hail of arrows, giving you plenty of time to log into cRPG forums and start a 'nerf archers' thread before the next round starts.

Offline Pollux

• Count
  • Renown: 267
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2012, 05:44:57 am »
Yeah, the infantry just charge in, leaving all the archers and the polearms busy near the spawn point trying to kill 2 or 3 enemy cav.  Then, when the unsupported infantry are steam rolled by the enemy infantry/range/cav, the guys at the spawn point, delighted in their joy that it only took 8 archers and 3 polearms to finally kill the 2 horses, see the main body of enemy and either try camp or kite their way back to victory, despite being outnumbered 4:1.  A fun time for all.

Oh, did I mention 2 handers insist on being the first in the charge, and will elbow by the guys who stop to throw at the enemy group, often getting a jarid or ax in the back, but its well worth the thrill of being the first to get dropped by the archers.  I mean that's the whole point of not having a shield right, so you can run faster into that hail of arrows, giving you plenty of time to log into cRPG forums and start a 'nerf archers' thread before the next round starts.

it's the american way

Offline Zanze

• Earl
  • Renown: 366
  • Infamy: 69
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
  • Game nicks: Raven_Zan
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2012, 05:50:47 am »
+3
Everyone is a Conan barbarian stack PS build. Conan needs no teammates, and when they get in his way they die too.

Conan does not enjoy multi's. Some clans like Kutt, TkoV, Astralis, NH, etc. actually try and protect the archers when we have a lot, or kill the enemy cav when they have more than we do. But the fact is, usually those 5 to10 are alone on the field by the time they finish their job because the rest of their team has rushed off to their death. Personally, I'm fine with going 0-5 if I have a multi. I'm fine if someone says their E-peen is larger because they have more kills and less deaths, I got my multi and they don't. If only other people saw things this way...

Also, Bryggan has an awesome example. +1 to him.

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
  • Renown: 1856
  • Infamy: 338
  • Sky belongs to Asagods as long as the raven flies.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Son_Of_Odin
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2012, 05:52:57 am »
(click to show/hide)

+1 for the Dolan. You deserve it :D

There is no sight in my third eye

Offline Sarpton

• Count
  • Renown: 198
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Hurlbat
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2012, 07:02:24 am »
Tack-ticks?

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2012, 07:55:22 am »
+14
"Clan tactics" = camp near the spawn in an awful position and call their team bad when everyone who decided to not camp like a coward for 5 minutes dies fighting the enemy.  Then the clan proceedes to get encircled by ranged and die anyways, ensuring no multi for their team.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Vodner

• Duke
  • Renown: 526
  • Infamy: 73
  • cRPG Player
  • SaulCanner
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SaulCanner
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2012, 08:05:58 am »
Or "pub tactics"

Is that from the Cannon Fodder music video? I thought I was the only person on the planet who remembered that.

Offline Mechanix

• Baron
  • Renown: 138
  • Infamy: 38
  • cRPG Player
  • lolwut
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Mechanix
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2012, 09:01:22 am »
+2
"Clan tactics" = camp near the spawn in an awful position and call their team bad when everyone who decided to not camp like a coward for 5 minutes dies fighting the enemy.  Then the clan proceedes to get encircled by ranged and die anyways, ensuring no multi for their team.

I lol'd when I seen who downvoted this post, because I remember you saying the exact same sentence when NH was getting rolled because they were camping back
But as the world turned i learned life was hell; livin' in a world no different from a cell - WuTang

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2012, 09:21:22 am »
+2
I lol'd when I seen who downvoted this post, because I remember you saying the exact same sentence when NH was getting rolled because they were camping back

Every clan that has hard ons for "squad combat" and "organized play" has maps, some much more often then others, where they will pretty much refuse to help teammates in any capacity or engage in battle at all while jerking off to their eLiTe tAcTics in finding the worst place on the map to camp and doing nothing else hoping the enemy cav, ranged, and melee will somehow all disconnect at the same time to ensure a win, or something.

The clans that roll multis are usually a mix of classes (cav, ranged, etc) instead of some singular gimmick and fan out around the battlefield supporting pub and pro alike and just impacting the round in general.

When Fallen was a more active NA clan they were probably the worst at this shit that I ever saw, there'd be 10+ of them on at a time usually archers or str build shielders and they would spawn and turn around and find some hill and refuse to leave it, and being on their team almost guaranteed you would never get a multiplier.  Just awful to get stuck playing with clans like that sometimes.

In short, man the fuck up.  People hold W and start fucking up enemies immediately because it wins rounds, I'd rather have some 2hander hero with good battle awareness who weaves in and out of combat to get kills and support teammates aggressively then a half dozen turtle shielders or camping ranged who apply no pressure at all.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline SHinOCk

• Earl
  • Renown: 369
  • Infamy: 58
  • Is that all you've got!?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: 1%
  • Game nicks: Occitan_SHinOCk, Occitan_Baz, Derp_In_A_Can, Disease_Infested_Cum_Bucket, The_Long_Dick_Of_The_Law
  • IRC nick: SHinOCk
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2012, 09:29:55 am »
+7
Might be hard to understand for some people, but as 1 of these 'rambo' type, I can tell you that i don't really care about the multi in that game. What I care about is the thrill of the fight you get when you are maneuvering in an supposedly hopeless situation (being outnumbered 3v1 or more). I agree that some people are not really helping their team fighting with that style but there are a bunch of old rambos out there that are turning the tide of a round with their solo skills.

By the way to all the people saying KD/r doesn't matter.. get a fkn clue, the more you kill, the less the other team have and the more likely your side will prevail.
While you burn at the stake, i dance with the flames