LADDER?

aye keep it up
36 (66.7%)
its useless
9 (16.7%)
don't care
9 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 54

Author Topic: all cRPG CLAN RANKINGS (FALLEN LADDER)  (Read 17881 times)

Offline Beauchamp

• Earl
  • Renown: 427
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
    • Personal portfolio
all cRPG CLAN RANKINGS (FALLEN LADDER)
« on: February 13, 2011, 12:19:52 am »
all cRPG CLAN RANKINGS (FALLEN LADDER)
Since me and Fallen_Punisher started to organize clan tournaments, we decided to record all the results and turn them into rankings of all the clans that participate in those events. These rankings are from now on included and regularly updated in the 1st post of this thread. These rankings will also be used for dividing clans into groups for ongoing tournaments. In general this thread should also work as a guideline for people looking for an active clan. Not only rankings, LPs, but also number of tournaments a clan participated in are recorded so anybody can easily distinguish active and innactive clan. Still bear in mind that there will for sure be a few clans that will ignore these events so the rankings here are not 100percent reliable, yet they hopefully will be a good guideline.

The points each team gets for scoring in the tournament are called Ladder Points (LPTs).
The formula for gaining them is following:

Winner of the tournament gets 1000LPTs no matter the tournament size, all the others get lower ammount of points depending on final tournament ranking. In case of 10 participants, the winner gets 1000LPTs and for each rank down the points are deducted by 1000/10.

Ladder points will be updated after each tournament I'm going to organize.
If anybody is willing to organize tournament with similar rules like I do, just PM me and I can include results of your tournament into this ladder system too. Hopefully with enough active people, this might turn later on to a good meter of how are clans able to perform in the tournaments.

CURRENT STANDINGS

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

(note: only clans that participated in 2+ tournaments are counted into the performance graph, innactive clans will be further more replaced by active ones over time. the point is to show performance of active clans...)

clans to be probably removed in the next updates:
- Order of Rose
- Bridgeburners
- Templars

new clans that started participating lately and will probably appear sooner or later in the graph
- 22nd
- Pecores
- Wolpertinger
- ENG
(and maybe a few more)

ALREADY FINISHED TOURNAMENTS

TOURNAMENT 01 - (8 teams, 5 clanteam size) - winner SHOGUNATE http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,1926.0.html
TOURNAMENT 02 - (6 teams, 7 clanteam size) - winner THE RISEN http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,2225.0.html
TOURNAMENT 03 - (12 teams, 8 clanteam size) - winner THE RISEN http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,2905.0.html
TOURNAMENT 04 - (16 teams, 4 clanteam size) - winner GREY ORDER http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,3403.0.html
TOURNAMENT 05 - (12 teams, 8 clanteam size) - winner MERCENARIES http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,3577.0.html
TOURNAMENT 06 - (12 teams, 5/8 clanteam size) - winner THE RISEN http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,3918.0.html
TOURNAMENT 06 - (14 teams, 8 clanteam size) - winner 22nd http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,5234.0.html
« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 10:29:39 am by Beauchamp »
OOODDIIINVALHALLAAAAAAA on the 20th of April 2011: What I know is that... heh, eh ja how can I explain? ...deh feeling to believe in Odin is right, dat is what I say, ja?!

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
Re: all cRPG CLAN RANKINGS (FALLEN LADDER)
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2011, 04:01:10 am »
sounds fun... except that last time i tried to participate in a Fallen tournie i had 220 ping and got in trouble for kiting people ;{

Offline Heroin

• Baron
  • Renown: 135
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
  • cRPG NA Server Admin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: MB
  • Game nicks: BlackHand_Heroin, Heroin_ATS, Heroin__JaBoNRA, Heroine_Heroin_MB, F8
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2011, 05:06:58 am »
sounds fun... except that last time i tried to participate in a Fallen tournie i had 220 ping and got in trouble for kiting people ;{

You're not allowed to kite? Thumbs down there.

What about NA? Are all these tournaments to take place on EU servers?
Quote from: Godfrey of Ibelin
I once fought for two days with an arrow through my testicle.

Offline Thovex

• Marshall
  • Renown: 851
  • Infamy: 210
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Thovex
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2011, 10:29:39 am »

Each of our members had that ping.  :lol: all EU.  :?

But this was pretty funny anyway.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 10:30:40 am by Thovex »

Offline Olwen

• Earl
  • Renown: 419
  • Infamy: 222
  • A shadow among others
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2011, 11:13:43 am »
fix the server or use another one :xxxx and reduce map size btw

Offline Beauchamp

• Earl
    • View Profile
    • Personal portfolio
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2011, 01:17:51 pm »
next tournament will be probably on shogunate server, i will speak with ujin about that.

btw as i said - it was 1st official clan, but still also testing tournament, so take it lightly. i get the message about pings, i really do especially if i read it in every risens and olwens post. in every team (maybe except hre) there were people that could complain about that.
OOODDIIINVALHALLAAAAAAA on the 20th of April 2011: What I know is that... heh, eh ja how can I explain? ...deh feeling to believe in Odin is right, dat is what I say, ja?!

Offline Olwen

• Earl
  • Renown: 419
  • Infamy: 222
  • A shadow among others
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2011, 01:22:06 pm »
:)

Offline Heroin

• Baron
  • Renown: 135
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
  • cRPG NA Server Admin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: MB
  • Game nicks: BlackHand_Heroin, Heroin_ATS, Heroin__JaBoNRA, Heroine_Heroin_MB, F8
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2011, 02:50:09 pm »
next tournament will be probably on shogunate server, i will speak with ujin about that.

btw as i said - it was 1st official clan, but still also testing tournament, so take it lightly. i get the message about pings, i really do especially if i read it in every risens and olwens post. in every team (maybe except hre) there were people that could complain about that.

It would be nice if we could alternate tournaments between EU and NA servers so that it's fair for all who'd like to participate.
Quote from: Godfrey of Ibelin
I once fought for two days with an arrow through my testicle.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2011, 02:52:51 pm »

What was up with the game crashing when you press L? Remove the siege ladders appearing when you do that, would maybe fix it?
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Ujin

• King
  • Renown: 1057
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2011, 03:14:44 pm »
What was up with the game crashing when you press L? Remove the siege ladders appearing when you do that, would maybe fix it?
The deathmatch mode  glitches in cRPG, it's the cause of all those crashes.

Beauchamp, CTF should do the trick.

Offline Sultan_Khalifa

• Noble
  • Renown: 18
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Sultan_Khalifa Fallen_Santa_Khalifa
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2011, 05:02:11 pm »

we cant do that its the same with the cats..

Offline Beauchamp

• Earl
    • View Profile
    • Personal portfolio
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2011, 05:12:06 pm »
about NA clans
there is no way how to make an upright ladder for both NA and EU clans. there always will be ping issues for either EU or NA. solution to this would be same ammount of same tournaments for both NA and EU (but since clans differ in numbers and size, its almost impossible). also somebody would have to organize those tournaments just for NA clans - i don't think i'd like to do that (different times that don't suit me, brigade sometimes couldnt probably participate, i don't have NA server etc....)

better solution for me is to have a separate NA ladder. or maybe i might organize something for NA guys - we've got quite a few of them in the clan already. but as i'm from EU, doing "EU" events will always be my priority. still as i said, i'm not against if anybody will organize the tournament with similar 1 event system as i'm doing, tells me the results and i can update them into the ladder. and if there are going to be enough of both NA and EU tourneys I see no problem why not to make 2 ladders (and for example brigade could participate in both from time to time if NA clanteams won't be to big like 5+).
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 05:13:28 pm by Beauchamp »

Offline krampe

• Knight
  • Renown: 29
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Count Palatine of the Rhine
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pony
  • Game nicks: krampe and the moons
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2011, 01:48:05 pm »
I got a suggestion to change your formula:

LP = (number of clans in the tournament X number of clans in the tournament - final place + 1 X size of clanteams) / X tournaments played

That way clans who played 10 tournament and win any of those would still be higher in the ladder than a clan who played 20 always becoming second.
Because i would still refer to the first clan as being better than the second one.
Sacrum Romanum Imperium

Yeah, well you know, that's just like, your opinion, man.

Offline Beauchamp

• Earl
    • View Profile
    • Personal portfolio
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2011, 02:41:55 pm »
I got a suggestion to change your formula:

LP = (number of clans in the tournament X number of clans in the tournament - final place + 1 X size of clanteams) / X tournaments played

That way clans who played 10 tournament and win any of those would still be higher in the ladder than a clan who played 20 always becoming second.
Because i would still refer to the first clan as being better than the second one.

i will think about it, the ladder should (as its described) reflect also activity of the clan so pure dividing by (number of tournaments attended) or by dividing by (A x number of tournaments attended (which is the same in the end)) won't do the job (i hope i understood correctly what you were thinking about). this way a clan wining 1 huge tournament could simply abstain from all other events being nr.1 forever.

what i say is:
ladder should reflect both activity and performance during the tournaments. if you have a better formula for that than i have, feel free to post it, however it will really need a few more tournaments until we can say what the ladder needs or not (or maybe there will be ladder system implemented by chadz and this all will become just useless, its also a possibility). i also think that the top clans will be also top active in the events - i don't think brigade, hre, shogunate, mercs etc... would avoid some tournaments. ill at least always try to find a good solution so most of the clans can participate in the events. still this all is evolving so many changes will occur, i'm sure about that. one of them should be erasing of old results so some new but quickly growing clans won't be punished for not existing when this all started...

btw the next tournament will be quite big for 7 clanteamsize because i still want to test something (new ctf gamemode without crashes, another server) and i don't want really many clans  to be in to make it easier to organize. but the next one i'm quite sure will be almost for everybody for good points (like 3 clanteamsize or so...).
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 02:43:01 pm by Beauchamp »

Offline Warcat

• Earl
  • Renown: 396
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Warcat_ Village_Elder Merchant_of_Tulga Tavern_Keeper Guild_Master Ramun_The_Slave_Trader
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2011, 02:48:53 pm »
Separate ladder would be good if there was someone who was able to host it (preferably a central/mountain timezone for best over ping for everyone). Fallen could still be high on that ladder as well.

btw, I think I'll have the new map area done on Friday, so we can test it out over the weekend, make any needed changes.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 02:55:32 pm by Warcat »
In memory of Fallen_Warcat_, member of Fallen Brigade, ruler of Zagush
Tavern_Keeper #1 NA shielder
Strategus City Improvement Project