Poll

FALLEN TOURNAMENT - what you didn't like?

Nothing
6 (16.2%)
Organization
1 (2.7%)
My performance
5 (13.5%)
LMS rounds system
4 (10.8%)
PLAYOFFS system (to steep to loose after 1 defeat etc.)
6 (16.2%)
Server/Map stability
14 (37.8%)
Other thing (specify in forums)
1 (2.7%)

Total Members Voted: 37

Author Topic: all cRPG FALLEN TOURNAMENT (number 01)  (Read 10597 times)

Offline Beauchamp

• Earl
  • Renown: 427
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
    • Personal portfolio
all cRPG FALLEN TOURNAMENT (number 01)
« on: February 02, 2011, 01:56:50 am »
+1
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Of6x1jGTxRo

Its been quite some time since I promised the comunity the all cRPG TOURNAMENT. After succesfully organizing a few testing tournaments I think I can say that I can make a tournament that will be easy to handle for me and easy for fighters (you) to understand. You should never be lost in the system of tournament unless you're completely retarded. What is even better is that you don't have to wait for your opponents multiple days or hours, the whole Tournament will be done within 1-2 hours, in one session, on one special map.

It is absolutely essential to read the rules so you understand the basic concept of the Tournament, there will be without exception no explaining during the tournament itself to individual players what they should or shouldn't do.

THE RULES
basics
1 - To join the Tournament you don't have to do anything, you don't have to be Fallen, you can be whoever, you do not enlist yourself anywhere, you just login into Fallen Tournament server at the time when the Tournament takes place (5.2.2011 - 20:00 GMT - means this Saturday). Counter till start is in the spoiler below.
2 - The tournament is on foot and without any ranged weapons, melee only. Take as many melee weapons you want, any armor you want (still bear in mind that if you take black armor or shiny plate armor, i will specialy note in final rankings (if you make it that far) that you looked silly during the whole tournament. so i recommend you rather take some stylish looking armor and fight like a man....).
3 - This shows the map - qualifying round for final Tournament (playoffs) will take place in archery arena. Final playoff rounds will take place in main melee arena. You can check the map anytime.
(click to show/hide)
4 - Nobody will be riding on horse anywhere on a map, even if he is not part of the tournament or is not fighting. The only ones on horse will be the people that will help organize the tournament.
5 - DO NOT USE TEAMCHAT OR CHAT IN GENERAL
6 - Join FALLEN TS server before the Tournament starts (this is optional, if you read rules carefully you will always know what to do and i will type orders in both teamchat and ts).
(click to show/hide)

qualifying rounds
1 - There will be SEVEN last man standing (LMS) qualifying rounds that will take place in the archery arena.
2 - Everybody willing to qualify into playoffs will go inside the archery arena, find a position on flat ground - do not try to hide or climb on higher edges or i will ban you immediately.
3 - On my command the fight starts - the one that survives until the end and thuss will be last man standing will qualify into playoffs.
4 - The one that qualified into playoffs is not fighting anymore in LMS qualifying rounds
5 - All the people that die in the LMS fight will wait OUTSIDE archery arena until the LMS fight is over. They won't kick or punch other players so they can see better from the edge of the slope, they will just wait.
6 - When the LMS fight is over and the call is given, than everybody who wants to try again for qualifying can enter the arena again for another LMS round.
7 - There are 7 LMS round, the last 8th spot for playoffs is given to Randomdude, the defending champion that won this Tournament in its last testing phase (with about 25 people in it).
8 - Depending on number of people coming, the qualifying rounds could also take place in Jousting Arena instead of archery one, this will be decided before the Tournament.
9 - You don't have to fight in all LMS rounds, in fact if you come late by 30 mins and LMS rounds will be still in progress, you can wait for the next fresh started and join that one and try your luck immediately. There will be a lot of people, you don't have to ask if you're permited into the new LMS round, you are. You can fight in any LMS you want, you can have a break and just observe or you can try your luck in all rounds. The only situation when you're not permited to fight in LMS is when you've already won one.
10 - no cooperating or creating groups of players in LMS rounds, everybody fights for himself.

playoffs
1 - 7 warriors that survived 7 LMS round qualify + defending champion
2 - playoff rounds take place in melee arena
3 - the system is following
------------------------------------------------
QUATERFINALS

defending champion VS 8th to qualify
2nd to qualify VS 7th to qualify
3rd to qualify VS 6th to qualify
4th to qualify vs 5th to qualify

1 MATCH ONLY, LOOSER ELIMINATED
SEMIFINALS

defending champion OR 8th to qualify
VS
4th to qualify OR 5th to qualify

2nd to qualify OR 7th to qualify
VS
3rd to qualify OR 6th to qualify

1 MATCH ONLY, LOOSER ELIMINATED
FINALS

2 men, the first one to WIN 2 MATCHES is the tournament winner
4 - i will be puting names o people that qualify and i will call u namely into melee arena so don't worry that you'd get lost on when to fight or not.
5 - basicly whenever you die in playoffs you're eliminated, except for the finals where you have to win 2 rounds.
6 - only people that are called to fight can enter melee arena, nobody else

other rules
1 - if you missbehave, do silly things, you will be just banned without warning
2 - Server for the tournament is passworded (this guarantees that only the ones who did read all the rules this far will know the password) - the password is:tournament
3 - everybody without exception is on foot, on horses are people who organize the tournament. if a guy from horse hits you, than you're doing something wrong, something silly, you're standing where you shouldn't stand. keep doing it for a few more seconds and you will be banned (meaning permabanned from all other tournaments).
4 - other rules that i forgot might appear later on, there is also 1 problem with the tournament map - sometimes catapults spawn there randomly showing red text, just ignore that, we can't get rid of it...
5 - any questions? ask here in the thread, better now than during the tournament itself.

basic most important rules short recap!
- tournament has 2 parts - LMS and playoffs
- it is melee only, no horses, no ranged
- nobody nowhere spawns on horses, guys on horses are those that organize tournament!
- behave in a mature way - dont kick others, dont hit them, don't fight them. fight only in a tournament fights (lms, playoffs)
- if guy on horse hits you (tournament masters), you do something wrong, if you keep doing it you'll be banned
- guys on horses (tournament masters) are gods, you can't hit them in any way.
- no registrations, just come to the server at the right time. join any LMS rounds you want before they start
- never go to LMS round arena if you're not told
- everybody goes to LMS arena together when the call is given, only 1 man leaves it, fight start when the call is given
- dont use chat
- do not hide on high ground in LMS rounds
- if your connection fucks up, its your problem. if you have a lagg (even server sided) its your problem and bad luck.
- if you want to regain health just go to spectator to die and join faction again
- server will be set to deathmatch mode
- about tournament masters (guys on horses), in arenas they are like referees, they are not part of the fight so ignore them.
- USE COMMON SENSE

champion
The one that wins the tournament will bear the tittle of defending tournament until the next tournament will be held, he also will have direct access into the playoffs. He also will get couple of heirlooms for FREE, or not...?

tournament masters (TM)
Guys that are helping me with organizing the tournament, only them and nobody else is allowed to spawn with horse.
TM duties
- Destroys spawning catapults from time to time (especially when those stupid red messages start to appear)
- Won't let resspawned people go inside LMS arena when fights are in progress - if they go there, kills them immediately. If they protest or fight back - ban.
- If anybody kicks, punches, fights other resspawned players anywhere on the map, TM hits them. If they continue to do it or fight back, kill + ban.
- In LMS if anybody is obviously working continually together (of course sometimes 2 people on the edge will focus on the middle guy, this is ok) - TM kills them.
- In LMS if anybody is continually avoiding the fight - TM tramples him, if player continues to avoid the fight than TM kills him.
- In playoffs if anybody who is not called goes inside or atop of stone wall of the melee arena, TM hits/kills him. If he does it continually, ban
- TM kills anybody who spawns on horse, if he spawns continually on horse than ban.
- If TM is hit by anybody, kill back + ban.

Tournament Masters for this Tournament
Fallen_Beauchamp
Fallen_RamsesXXIX
Fallen_Sultan_Khalifa

RESULTS
(click to show/hide)

(the Fallen Brigade 2.2.2011)
p.s. - clan tournament maybe even with league will shortly follow, its possible this will be done together with Aemaelius, time will show...
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 11:13:57 am by Beauchamp »
OOODDIIINVALHALLAAAAAAA on the 20th of April 2011: What I know is that... heh, eh ja how can I explain? ...deh feeling to believe in Odin is right, dat is what I say, ja?!

Offline AdNecrias

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Enuma Elish, Thar the Unready
Re: all cRPG official TOURNAMENT (number 01)
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2011, 02:12:02 am »
Be sure to spread the news, the clan tournament should have been Ad'ed on clan threads, I missed it till today.

Offline Quirian

• Noble
  • Renown: 17
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Holy Roman Empire
  • Game nicks: Quirian_HRE
  • IRC nick: Quirian_HRE
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2011, 03:45:26 am »
Awesome idea :)

Offline Everkistus

• Marshall
  • Renown: 987
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • No good deed goes unpunished
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Everkistus
  • IRC nick: Everkistus
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2011, 08:41:08 am »
Last time I lost to Random in finals, maybe this time I'll win :D

Offline Ninja_Khorin

• King
  • Renown: 1067
  • Infamy: 90
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Zen
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Clan Ninja
  • Game nicks: Khorin/Keyoke/Lujan
  • IRC nick: Khorin
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2011, 10:57:23 am »
Why the hell am I always busy when stuff like this happens!?!?! :(

Offline Miralay

• Knight
  • Renown: 49
  • Infamy: 25
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Brigade
  • Game nicks: Tsu, Miralay
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2011, 11:42:07 am »
I was eliminated by Random at qualifying rounds last time and now he has the title of "Champion"..  :evil:

Offline Olwen

• Earl
  • Renown: 419
  • Infamy: 222
  • A shadow among others
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2011, 12:19:34 pm »
free heirlooms ? lowl, keep dreamin :)

or a cool thing would be heirloom bonus or special armor til you lose the title, then it goes

and btw why official ?, only fallen's official tournament :) also fix your server, if i remember well it has a bad ping
« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 12:30:08 pm by Olwen »

Offline Tristan

• Count
  • Renown: 200
  • Infamy: 52
  • cRPG Player
  • Listen to wisdom!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Guards)
  • Game nicks: Guard_Tristan
  • IRC nick: Guard_Tristan
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2011, 03:30:12 pm »
or a cool thing would be heirloom bonus or special armor til you lose the title, then it goes

This.

On another note Everkistus maybe give it some specific name. right now it might confuse with unofficial official tournament alrady running... just somethin to make it moar distinct.
He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief. He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened his mouth.

Offline AdNecrias

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Enuma Elish, Thar the Unready
Re: all cRPG FALLEN TOURNAMENT (number 01)
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2011, 07:23:41 pm »
A little advertising, don't forget to attend the upcoming tournament http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,1791.0.html

Glad to know people still isten to me. Good luck with all that, I can't fight with you guys, get pwned too often.

Offline Blondin

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • aka Blondie
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Blondin, Tuco, Sentenza
  • IRC nick: Blondin
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2011, 02:42:04 am »
It's a great idea because it seems easier for players, no need to register and we don't have to contact a guy and set an appoinment to fight.

I hope you will organize more of that (each month?), then you can make a calendar with each champions: "Miss january is Random_Dude" ;)

Also when strat will be open and when we will be able to trade heirloom, one of you Fallen could give a loom to the winner of the year...

Offline Beauchamp

• Earl
    • View Profile
    • Personal portfolio
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2011, 11:42:10 am »
added poll
added ts info
OOODDIIINVALHALLAAAAAAA on the 20th of April 2011: What I know is that... heh, eh ja how can I explain? ...deh feeling to believe in Odin is right, dat is what I say, ja?!

Offline Beauchamp

• Earl
    • View Profile
    • Personal portfolio
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2011, 11:44:22 am »
free heirlooms ? lowl, keep dreamin :)

and btw why official ?, only fallen's official tournament :) also fix your server, if i remember well it has a bad ping

twas named official as we've done 3 tournaments already but for limited fallen related community before that i named unofficial. but yeah there will be probably no true official tournament until chadz will do one so its going to be called fallen one from now on...

Offline krampe

• Knight
  • Renown: 29
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Count Palatine of the Rhine
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pony
  • Game nicks: krampe and the moons
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2011, 12:24:16 pm »
Dunno if i can make it, have to outroll some client updates at saturday :/
Sacrum Romanum Imperium

Yeah, well you know, that's just like, your opinion, man.

Offline Beauchamp

• Earl
    • View Profile
    • Personal portfolio
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 02:05:36 pm by Beauchamp »

Offline Quirian

• Noble
  • Renown: 17
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Holy Roman Empire
  • Game nicks: Quirian_HRE
  • IRC nick: Quirian_HRE
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2011, 02:06:04 pm »
Report it to a mod, modify it and say something like "delete" or just drink more pivo and forget everything.