Author Topic: Rerolling heirlooms  (Read 2246 times)

Offline Murchad

• Noble
  • Renown: 24
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Rerolling heirlooms
« on: January 14, 2011, 05:24:44 am »
I think now that it takes so long to get heirlooms that you should be able to reassign heirlooms for a 10k fee each heirloom pt. that way if someone wants to switch to a different style weapon they don't have to spend the hundreds of hours of play time to get a different heirloomed item

Offline The_Bloody_Nine

• Marshall
  • Renown: 946
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "I am still alive"
    • View Profile
Re: Rerolling heirlooms
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2011, 11:32:00 am »
If you want to change your playstyle, just make a new char. Nobody forces you to get an heirloomed item for that specific class.

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2011, 01:40:46 pm »
Heirlooms shouldn't be common equipment. They should remain hard to attain. I say that although I've wasted an heirloom chance on a flanged mace :mad:.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?

Offline slothscott

• Knight
  • Renown: 38
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: AEF_BigBird
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2011, 02:02:53 pm »
Heirlooms shouldn't be common equipment. They should remain hard to attain. I say that although I've wasted an heirloom chance on a flanged mace :mad:.

His suggestion is not to make heirlooms easier to attain but possible to change, I for one would like this added as I fear the weapon I heirloomed will soon be nerfed.

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2011, 04:28:32 pm »
If they are possible to change, they are easier to attain, because you can simply respec your character to something different and change your item, instead of having to reach lvl 31 again.

Offline slothscott

• Knight
  • Renown: 38
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: AEF_BigBird
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2011, 06:29:06 am »
If he wants to change an heirloom hes clearly already reached 31 once (or done a retire before patch) why should he have to grind all the way to 31 again just to get an heirloom when hes already put work into getting one. Besides it sounds like a nice money sink, 10k is too cheap though imo. Make it something like 30k or higher so that you can't just re heirlooms items to "simply respec your character" easily.

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2011, 01:29:50 pm »
Yes, he has a heirloomed item, which is the one he heirloomed. If he wants a different item, he has to go to 31 again and retire. This increases the value of heirlooms and forces you to make a well-informed decision. It also has to be said that heirloomed items are not essential for success. They are a nice bonus for dedication, nothing else. You can still reroll a diff character, sell your heirloomed stuff you no longer use, and continue to play with regular stuff.

As for a money sink, I would welcome special looks for the regular items (retextured, maybe some minor model differences) with the same stats as the regular stuff, but a much higher price.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 01:32:26 pm by zagibu »

Offline Paprik

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2011, 06:13:30 pm »
This increases the value of heirlooms and forces you to make a well-informed decision.

Well you can't predict what impact will a future patch have. You can think about it all you want, but the next day there might be a patch raping it's stats beyond belief.

I'm not saying rerolling should always be possible but at least after a patch there should be the option (even if for some $$).

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2011, 06:16:00 pm »
Yeah, that makes sense. Reset all heirlooms for items that have changed.

On the other hand, changing the heirloom bonuses doesn't turn a weapon from great into terrible. But for totally respecced items, I agree.

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2011, 08:32:22 am »
I want this!

if I wanna re-roll my char to lvl 1, I should be able to reroll my hierlooms. grind sux!

plus alot of time goes to getting a hierloom so when the stats are changed it potentially ruining.

Offline Meow

• Awesome Consulting Detective
  • King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 150
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2011, 02:46:38 pm »
i would agree with this if instead of 10k gold you go back to 1st generation and lose your xp bonus and all items.
basically it would be a hard reset but you get back your heirloom "points".

Offline Heroin

• Baron
  • Renown: 135
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
  • cRPG NA Server Admin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: MB
  • Game nicks: BlackHand_Heroin, Heroin_ATS, Heroin__JaBoNRA, Heroine_Heroin_MB, F8
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2011, 07:46:34 am »
i would agree with this if instead of 10k gold you go back to 1st generation and lose your xp bonus and all items.
basically it would be a hard reset but you get back your heirloom "points".

That's pretty harsh. I couldn't see a whole lot of people doing it. Especially gen 6+ people. I don't think heirloom respec should be allowed at all, except after a patch altering item statistics. And, at that point, it should be free.

People shouldn't have to be stuck with a crap heirloom because a dev woke up one day and decided to nerf a weapon into the dirt.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 07:48:14 am by Heroin »
Quote from: Godfrey of Ibelin
I once fought for two days with an arrow through my testicle.

Offline Punisher

• Baron
  • Renown: 127
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Punisher
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2011, 11:22:59 am »
I think now that it takes so long to get heirlooms that you should be able to reassign heirlooms for a 10k fee each heirloom pt. that way if someone wants to switch to a different style weapon they don't have to spend the hundreds of hours of play time to get a different heirloomed item

10K gold/item is dirt cheap, you can get 10k gold in less than an hour. I think rerolling heirlooms would spoil the whole point of having heirlooms, instead we should have the option to trade our heirlooms with other players.