Author Topic: Fire bombs  (Read 1741 times)

Offline Magikarp

• Baron
  • Renown: 130
  • Infamy: 87
  • cRPG Player
  • Gotta splash em all!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merciless
  • Game nicks: Magikarp ; Merciless_Charlemagne
  • IRC nick: Magikarp
Re: Fire bombs
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2011, 11:32:50 pm »
We already have an anti-camp weapon; its called a horde of shielders waltz in and demolish you. Also, your suggestion would be fantastic for all the griefers and trolls out there who want to block doorways, ladders, and their own team's spawn with damage over time walls of death.
BS, you didn't even read my message, I said that these items shouldnt be usable on siege.
And they shoudnt last forever if they are even getting implemented. I'm just theorising on how they would be usable again. Siege equipment is already downed very quickly, so taking one of them is useless.
Don't mind the fish.

Offline Dehitay

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2011, 12:33:18 am »
Why not just make them work like how you would expect a bomb to work and ignore any lasting fire damage. An explosion that does so much damage depending on how close you were to the center of the explosion. If it actually explodes on you, death!

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2011, 11:02:45 pm »
But how do they work?

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2011, 11:09:23 pm »
But how do they work?

They don't.

True honest statement.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Delro

• Noble
  • Renown: 21
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
  • Taking Arrows To The Face Since 2008
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ATS
  • Game nicks: Delro_ATS
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2011, 12:11:40 am »
BS, you didn't even read my message, I said that these items shouldnt be usable on siege.
And they shoudnt last forever if they are even getting implemented. I'm just theorising on how they would be usable again. Siege equipment is already downed very quickly, so taking one of them is useless.

Nah I get you man I just disagree is all. I think having bombs of any sort as an anti-personnell weapon in this game would be a bad idea. Not only will it throw off the balance and cause TONS of whining (OMG an unblockable ranged weapon QQ) but it would be easily exploited by griefers, even on battle maps many of which have relatively compressed spawn points. Also, its hard enough to get public players to work together; this would only encourage more random infantry spread and more ninja/rambo maneuvers, which I feel is a bad thing.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login