Author Topic: Kicked for "That character does not belong to you"  (Read 508 times)

Offline Warsong

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Sowing terror, death and cheese cake since 1990.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Horde
  • Game nicks: Hellscream, Warsong, Gorehowl, Shadowbreaker, Gorefeind
Kicked for "That character does not belong to you"
« on: July 08, 2011, 09:13:14 am »
Tried searching for a topic like this, however my spelling ability leaves something to be desired and possibly may be a reason i missed a sticky regards this, if so i apologize for an unnecessary post.

I currently am only able to enter CRPG servers for about 5 seconds before being kicked for "That character does not belong to you" or something along those lines. I have not played CRPG for around six or so months and just updated the CRPG module (Deleted and downloaded the new one, not overwrite), i do not share my steam account with anyone and so i am quite sure that my CD key for warband is unique and never used on any other computer besides my own.

Thank you for any assistance regards this matter.
Insanity is a term used by people with a closed mind.

I once made a pit filled with clouds, or was it clowns? It would explain the smell.

Offline Reellron

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Kicked for "That character does not belong to you"
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2011, 11:32:35 am »
I experienced the same problem but after some work I found a relatively easy solution!

http://sots.rorschach.net/Steam#Steam_Invalid_CD_Key_Workaround

If you use the link, please note that the webpage actually is an answer to someone who had problems with another game so where it says "Sword of the stars", replace it with "Mount&Blade Warband" as I have in the spoiler below.

So basicly, as I understand it, the problem is that steam has the wrong CD-key connected to your Warband.. I think I got this problem from logging into a friends steamaccount and playing warband. I did manage to switch back and forth several times but suddenly it didn't work anymore.

Warning! This solution probably only works if you know your real Warband CD-key! Otherwise you'll probably have to reinstall steam and all instead. I got my key from a friend who logged into my account from his computer (which I had played from before, not sure if that's necessary though).

I've posted the solution in the spoiler below, the solution clears the CD-key from your Warband and should replace it with the one you type in, however, I had to enter the CD-key once I had started Warband, no biggie though!

(click to show/hide)