Author Topic: Why horseman's blocks protect horse ?  (Read 4635 times)

Offline Topsnus

• Noble
  • Renown: 15
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Why horseman's blocks protect horse ?
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2011, 06:39:14 am »
anybody ever thought about the sheer fun of the speed everythong goes down with a horse?  flying across the map,  pinpointing turns,  standing on one side of a field challenging 10 enemy cav against u alone,  swirling and twisting and taking down as many as you can and,  with some luck,  even surviving.  its a fuckin thrill to  ride a fast horse if skilled.  thats why i do it,  thats why i love this game.  thats why i was sad when the horse heirloom nerf made my courser slower.
 this aint got nothin to do with pikes n blocking and what not,  of course.  well.  try it.  do it and than come back and say cav needs a nerf.

Wow, i didn't realize this whole game and all of the balancing was about you having fun. Now it makes sense.  Because i was going to say that cavalry was overpowered and that the cavalry chracter i made did far to well considering my low level and the fact that i sucked at it, but i guess i shouldn't say that, since as long as you are having the time of your life, all is well for the other few thousand players....

Offline Felix

• Baron
  • Renown: 89
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Red_Pike/Oriental_Red
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2011, 06:41:54 am »
anybody ever thought about the sheer fun of the speed everythong goes down with a horse?  flying across the map,  pinpointing turns,  standing on one side of a field challenging 10 enemy cav against u alone,  swirling and twisting and taking down as many as you can and,  with some luck,  even surviving.  its a fuckin thrill to  ride a fast horse if skilled.  thats why i do it,  thats why i love this game.  thats why i was sad when the horse heirloom nerf made my courser slower.
 this aint got nothin to do with pikes n blocking and what not,  of course.  well.  try it.  do it and than come back and say cav needs a nerf.

Tha truth was spoken  :mrgreen: That's why i switched from being archer to cav. Nothing can compare with that fast riding.

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2011, 06:51:07 am »
Also like those arrows between your eyes Torben?   :wink:

its common knowledge that i love beeing skullfucked by youre big ass arrows mate
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline tankmen

• Knight
  • Renown: 65
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2011, 07:14:39 am »
so all the people who say they use a pike and fail at it... are you guys even pole arm? im sorry but if your a two hander your ment to die by archers and cavalry...
The purpose of wearing plate has become nothing more than crippling yourself to look like a knight... or maybe its my lack of athletics

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2011, 07:20:05 am »
so all the people who say they use a pike and fail at it... are you guys even pole arm? im sorry but if your a two hander your ment to die by archers and cavalry...

I don't know...

Even with 4PS (now I have 5) with my new low level shielder and just 1 wpf, my Pike was more then enough to ward off horses or kill them outright if they were the Nimbus 2000 Coursers or the like.

*shrugs*

Granted, if the enemy is using an armoured horse then it takes a great deal to put them down, but considering the things are so pathetically slow and have so little maneuverability that I can run around then (not to mention them costing 40K  or more) I am ok with that.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 07:21:43 am by Tears_of_Destiny »
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2011, 09:59:11 am »
Wow, i didn't realize this whole game and all of the balancing was about you having fun. Now it makes sense.  Because i was going to say that cavalry was overpowered and that the cavalry chracter i made did far to well considering my low level and the fact that i sucked at it, but i guess i shouldn't say that, since as long as you are having the time of your life, all is well for the other few thousand players....

yes youre right thats just what my post is about.  youre so awsome,  wow.
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tristan

• Count
  • Renown: 200
  • Infamy: 52
  • cRPG Player
  • Listen to wisdom!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Guards)
  • Game nicks: Guard_Tristan
  • IRC nick: Guard_Tristan
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2011, 10:22:29 am »
Problem is that riders block can save a horse. That ain't good.

And to all those l2p comments at Bulzur... try fight him before you open ye mouth.
He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief. He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened his mouth.

Offline Gheritarish le Loki

• Baron
  • Renown: 80
  • Infamy: 42
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2011, 10:39:00 am »
ok Bulzur you made a fine list of many game mechanics flaws for cav, what about you continue your list with all other class...? Like the over head hit with long spear that doesn´t strike your team and every pole related bug, or shield force field that protect you in the back (on foot), or jumping archers, ot hit through doors (my favourite).

Stop trying to find argument to nerf cav and train with your pike, it´s really not difficult to kill cav with one of this toy. Even, you could work with your teammates (the guys that spawn with you at start) you know, one archer one pike is a certain death for cav.

Or you could just play in siege server, there is almost no cav....

Edit: Aemelus, if he´s so good why is crying? Because he didn´t try to report a bug, he reports a cav bug to be an argument to nerf cav, which mean crying.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 10:43:35 am by Gheritarish le Loki »

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • Renown: 467
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
  • Relax, it is just a life...
    • View Profile
    • Wanna work with me? Ping for more info!
  • Game nicks: Fapulena, Useless
  • IRC nick: Cepeshi
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2011, 10:42:17 am »
Noticed some of the points aswell.

When i ride my horse, no matter what horse, it gets oneshotted (yeah, charger in ONE fucking bolt, not even headshot, i was not even going fullspeed in his direction). But then when i play my xbow char, the horse survives 2-3 bolts (yeah, i doubt i was shot all the times just by MWed items), same with longbow, was going on courser and just as i passed a corner the horse got instagibbed again...wtf...

Anyways, i was complaining about the bullshit rider blocks few weeks ago, after a situation when a horse stopped on wall, i overheaded the rider from BACK and he blocked it...also few times when u try to impale the whorsie you just hear that CLONG sound and you get bumplanced or whatever. I was aiming for the neck/head, i hit the horse (looked like it on my screen), but again, the rider blocked it (also bullshit they can block stuff which is far ahead of them, like, horse head...)

Dunno if this might have something to do with hitboxes messing up for the horse and rider, but still, this can get quite frustrating.

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2011, 10:45:39 am »
ok Bulzur you made a fine list of many game mechanics flaws for cav, what about you continue your list with all other class...? Like the over head hit with long spear that doesn´t strike your team and every pole related bug, or shield force field that protect you in the back (on foot), or jumping archers, ot hit through doors (my favourite).

long spear overheads HIT your teammates, i was told they dont and when i tried i got almost kicked for TA :P sometimes on close range it is buggy, but does not happen all the times...

pole related bugs: such as? playing poles now, would love to know what to abooze other than spinthrust

shield forcefield on back is unbelievable for me, never happened that i would hit a shielder to back and he woulnt suffer, where did you get this? also, on my shield char, my back is not protected for sure...

jumping archers, well, realistic? not, fun? yes :D i do not see what does this ahve to do with anything

Offline Prosed

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
  • Raawr
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Prosed
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2011, 11:21:53 am »
Try using a 1h instead of a pike. When im dismounted and get attacked by a cav i block his hit or dodge. When he's riding away i slash his horses ass. Easy as that  :rolleyes:.
I just can't wait to be King.

Offline Siiem

• Heretic
  • Duke
  • Renown: 611
  • Infamy: 129
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2011, 11:44:48 am »
Torb is a damn fine melee user who kicks everyone's ass.

:lol:

Offline Wookimonsta

• Hoopy frood
  • Count
  • Renown: 206
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2011, 11:47:08 am »
-good maneuver horses can evage ranged attacks at mid-range
this is true, however, this is only temporary, and once multiple archers arrive its basically over.

-good lance cav can couch you in 2sec, and thrust two consecutive times in 3sec.
couch needs a decent runup, also high speed horses cant thrust twice that fast.

-good maneuver horses stay maximum 2sec "stunned" when they run into a wall, or a pike. They're out of reach in a bit more than 2 attacks.
unless using an armored horse (ok maybe destrier) most horses die from 2 solid hits

-slow horses can bump you twice, while staying on you.
true, should be fixed

-all horses can jump over your pike, taking you by surprise, and you sometimes not having the time to reach in the air. Pretty usefull to reach that archer behind the pikeman.
if this is true, you are doing a TERRIBLE job as a pikeman, no offense, but seriously, go practice

-if you jump off a cliff 3km high on your horse, your horse will die but you will just be on the ground 2sec, with no damage.
not true, took my horse on a tower during a siege once and jumped down, i also died :(

-horsemen can protect their horses from some melee hits by blocking the right direction.
this is true, this also annoys me (im a lancer), even when i aim at the horses legs i get blocked, this should be lowered.

-when your horse dies, you'll fall, sometimes slide on a few meters, or even teleport bug to a different place that where people think you are, and switch weapon/bring a shield while being smashed on the ground. Don't ask me how you do that, i'm still trying to figure it out.
this is a bug, should be fixed.

-when a pikeman stops your horse, you can actually still stab him, sometimes killing him. Works with a 1hander slash too, providing good timing/luck.
thats just the way it goes, if you go for the horse, there is a chance the rider can get you.

-when succesfully killing a horseman charging you, without hurting the horse, the horse still bumps you, and can even kill you. When that happens, it counts as if it's the player that killed you, and not a random horse.
lol, you got trampled by a horse, sucks

-you can chamber lances with a good overhead or thrust with a good timing, but you'll always be out of range anyway if the cav is not too bad. So just downblock for the same effect, less dangerous.
depends on the cav, if its slow you can get it witht eh chamber, fast ones are hard. practice chambering to do it as early as possible.

-you succesfully slaughter an horse, thrust once the fallen rider (no pun intended), to see finally Torb... the rider (now footman) walk up with a poleaxe or whatever,
so?
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
<dexxtaa> I just saw nakey ladies and I left
<@Fasader> dexxtaa is clearly gay

Offline Odion

• Knight
  • Renown: 26
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Odion_IV, Odion_Power
« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2011, 11:52:43 am »
+1
its because the rest of your team is not helping. if there is one cav on the enemy team then yes just having you would be enough

but if the other team has 15+ cav then your team needs to pick up a pike too

if every 2hander carried a pike or xbow cav wont be as op as they seem.

but no, everyone wants to rambo every round oblivious to what is happing behind them.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 11:53:47 am by Odion »

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2011, 12:08:22 pm »
-all horses can jump over your pike, taking you by surprise, and you sometimes not having the time to reach in the air. Pretty usefull to reach that archer behind the pikeman.
if this is true, you are doing a TERRIBLE job as a pikeman, no offense, but seriously, go practice

get real man, many times i saw horses outranging long spear by simply jumping over, and even when i tried to thrust them mid air, i couldnt hit em...might be different with pike, but i believe with some terrain advantage and shit the horse could jump over that aswell....i even saw a RHINO on freaking roof, without any other way getting in than jumping...players couldnt, the horse did it