Author Topic: Analysis of Crpg  (Read 6410 times)

Offline Formless

• Baron
  • Renown: 102
  • Infamy: 74
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Analysis of Crpg
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2011, 05:16:19 am »
Your post so awful. This is the best part.

Dying in one hit versus not dying in one hit. It's huge. And why can't you wear heavy armor? Im really confused man. Really confused. One build lets you kill in one hit and die in 2 or 3, the other, die in one and kill in 2 or 3? You take the latter? The hell is wrong with you?

You continue to misunderstand me. 

I really loved my str build character but its not the best build for the post patch world.  High agility guys are at the full capacity all the time, high str guys are only at full capacity of their build when they wear armour, the heavier the better.  Heavy armour is expensive you can only wear it for short periods. 

Strength builds are  best in large battles, in large groups.  Their ability to hit hard and get hit are the qualities that make them good.  What lets them take so much punishment are not the IF points but the heavy armour that magnifies that IF advantage.  Since armour is expensive and you can no longer wear it all the time but only for short periods the ability to take heavy beatings and walk away is gone.  Why make a build that is only at its full potential part of the time?  Why not create a build that is at its full potential all the time?

Dying in one hit versus not dying in one hit. It's huge. And why can't you wear heavy armor? Im really confused man. Really confused. One build lets you kill in one hit and die in 2 or 3, the other, die in one and kill in 2 or 3? You take the latter? The hell is wrong with you?

Why take the latter?  Because of the speed, I will have the ability to move faster and strike faster then the other build.  I only have to hit you 2 times, sure you only have to only hit me once.  But I can disengage  and engage you at my will, I chose the time, I chose the place.  I can run or I can fight.  For every feint you can make I can make 2 or 3.  I can confuse the crap out of you with that advantage.  I can move in, make you miss and kill you when you are trying to recover.  Speed is a huge advantage, it opens a world of opportunities against slower opponents.  You can have your extra 1 hit, I will take my speed.

« Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 05:19:27 am by Formless »
“Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless - like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup, you put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, you put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.” - Bruce Lee

Offline AirPhforce

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2011, 05:40:55 am »

I really loved my str build character but its not the best build for the post patch world.  High agility guys are at the full capacity all the time, high str guys are only at full capacity of their build when they wear armour, the heavier the better.  Heavy armour is expensive you can only wear it for short periods. 

But you're wrong!

Druzhina Lamellar Armor is MORE then enough body armor, and it's only 12k! Transitional Armor is great as well, 53 body in fact, and it's still under 20k! You can wear this stuff ALL the time and still make money. Just because you can't be in Black Armor all the time doesn't mean heavy armor is worthless. I don't know why you keep saying it's too expensive. It's not!

Offline Formless

• Baron
  • Renown: 102
  • Infamy: 74
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2011, 05:46:06 am »
But you're wrong!

Druzhina Lamellar Armor is MORE then enough body armor, and it's only 12k! Transitional Armor is great as well, 53 body in fact, and it's still under 20k! You can wear this stuff ALL the time and still make money. Just because you can't be in Black Armor all the time doesn't mean heavy armor is worthless. I don't know why you keep saying it's too expensive. It's not!

I tried going with Cuir Bouilli over Mail, 10 k my bec 7k, my Barbutte 2.3 k and leather gloves and shoes and ended up losing cash.  :cry:
“Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless - like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup, you put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, you put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.” - Bruce Lee

Offline Ashrik

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LOTS AND LOTS OF JOLLY KNIGHTS LOTS AND LOTS OF JO
  • Game nicks: LLJK_Ashraa
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2011, 05:53:58 am »
Meh. A bit more or a bit less wpf, matters little. As for archery, you can score hits - not as many times as archers with high wpf - with a str build which probably has 0 effective wpf after nerf due to PD and armour. And those shots still hurt, etc. I actually like my melee/archery hybrid with 7 PS & PD and 79 polearm / 119 archery wpf. It's good enough to hit targets at mid-range (and suppress other archers at longer ranges, although precise shooting at really long distances is hard) and strong enough in melee, as well (despite being still a bit slow, but meh 13 agi).
I would really like to see a video of a 7 PD, 0 effective wpf archer to see how small the reticule gets and how long you can hold it. I can't imagine it.
I am Uhtred_III_of_Bebbanbawler.

I answer to no man.

Offline Bothersome_Aldryk

• Baron
  • Renown: 124
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2011, 06:27:15 am »
My str built twohander uses heraldic transitional and medium other armors. He does okay for gold. My main wears 40k in equipment and consistently earns money. *shrugs* Just ditch extra weapon slots if you need money and wear leather gloves.

Offline AirPhforce

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2011, 07:10:45 am »
I tried going with Cuir Bouilli over Mail, 10 k my bec 7k, my Barbutte 2.3 k and leather gloves and shoes and ended up losing cash.  :cry:

You got unlucky. Like I said, we simulated 1000 games and you can hold 40k in gear easy. It went pretty low and pretty high at times, but it always leveled out.

Offline Bobthehero

• Duke
  • Renown: 515
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Grandmaster Ultimate God Of Swashbucklin'
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bridgeburners
  • Game nicks: Bobthehero_Whals and I am totally not all the Not_Bobthehero alts ever.
  • IRC nick: Buff Swashbuckling
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2011, 07:56:11 am »

Strength Builds:

unless you are a die hard fan.

+

1 Handers:

Works oh so wonderfully well, I get many 1 hit kill with a stab in the face, guess having light armor and stacking agi doesnt pay off as much as some would think.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
The Narwhals, dedicated swashbuckler part of FCC

Stabbing is my speciality and one hitting people, my art

Offline Kung Fu Jesus

• Noble
  • Renown: 23
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2011, 09:10:21 am »
I tried a strength build after the patch reset and I just cannot work with it.

I have PS 8 and IF 6 with 24 strength. I was going to go higher strength but I felt so damn slow, I started to pump agility. I still get one shotted by some people and 2 shotted by throwers. I also definteily rarely one-shot anyone. Usually only those overhead shots can one shot anyone. Some polearmers can still one shot me with a left/right swing. The problem I have is that once I miss, I am dead. I feel so slow that any polearmer still swings faster than me and 1H just stun locks me to death.

I know some people have success with this but I just cannot make it work for me. It feels like everyone has super high agility against me. The higher hitpoints isn't that much higher and the possibility of a one-shot not that much greater, to lose agility.

Maybe if you go 30 str but I don't think I could take being that slow.
"My belt holds up my pants and my pants have belt loops that hold up the belt. What the fuck’'s really going on down there? Who is the real hero?" - Mitch

Offline Sofa_King

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TS
  • Game nicks: Sofa_King
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2011, 09:36:30 am »
    I wonder how the hell u dare to spam ur weapons this days. Most of ppl are using light armors today, and look the C-RPG's old forum, ppl complain about tincan spamming their mighty sword all the way from their spawn to enemy's spawn; and the reason y ppl dont complains in C-rpg is the ppl with light armor and spam. Because theres no possible ways for them to spam like a mad cow, they might get a few kill, but im sure they cant take a hit. So stop whinning about the patch, the patch is great, it solved all the complains in the old forum. And btw, dont complain about the throwing ppl all around, before the patch, ppl dont even want to be a thrower, because it might be as powerful as now, but xbow can 1 shot ppl, and high wpf archers have pinpoint accuracy and high damage like Kesh, he can 2 shot any tincan, and 1 shot any unarmored horse, then only the poor thrower left, it does have the high damage, but only throwing lances can 1 shot ppl and it requires high Str, but the problem is, it doesnt have the range of xbow and bows, and it also dont have the accuracy. So right now chadz balanced it which is made this game more fair and more realistic, obviously only longbow and xbow can go through a plate(which is y english longbow was so famous in that period), btw the throwing lances are real too. During the norman conquiring England, they use their lance to thurst or throw, so dont complain the weapons and armors are not real in this game, it was all real. so STOP COMPLAINING, IT IS FAR MORE REALISTIC AND FUN THAN THE NATIVE. :)

Offline EponiCo

• Baron
  • Renown: 92
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Aine
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2011, 09:45:25 am »
Eh, there were loads of peasants with franciscas and darts on the siege server before the patch, waiting to level up to jarids and throwing lances. Of course since archery was going to be nerfed and everyone said throwing is going to be OP after the patch.  :twisted:

Offline Kalam

• Duke
  • Renown: 697
  • Infamy: 163
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Never do an enemy a small injury.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Linebreakers
  • Game nicks: Cavalieres_Midnighter, Dunsparrow
  • IRC nick: Kalam
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2011, 10:07:22 am »
I'm sorry Formless, but you cannot be more off the mark in terms of melee. Most people (myself included) have been converting to strength builds or reducing the agility because, let's face it, agility isn't what it used to be unless you grab a polearm or a longer 2hand and spam until someone who can block thrice in a row rolls you. Have you noticed the increased amount of blunt weapons and throwers? Those are mostly strength builds, brah.

Offline Ganon

• Peasant
  • Renown: 8
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Ganon, Linkk
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2011, 10:25:39 am »
I tried a strength build after the patch reset and I just cannot work with it.

I have PS 8 and IF 6 with 24 strength. I was going to go higher strength but I felt so damn slow, I started to pump agility. I still get one shotted by some people and 2 shotted by throwers. I also definteily rarely one-shot anyone. Usually only those overhead shots can one shot anyone. Some polearmers can still one shot me with a left/right swing. The problem I have is that once I miss, I am dead. I feel so slow that any polearmer still swings faster than me and 1H just stun locks me to death.

I know some people have success with this but I just cannot make it work for me. It feels like everyone has super high agility against me. The higher hitpoints isn't that much higher and the possibility of a one-shot not that much greater, to lose agility.

Maybe if you go 30 str but I don't think I could take being that slow.

I am doing that, going for 30 str/10ps to be able to oneshot people. It's true if i miss it's a huge problem, but learning to manually block and not miss is part of this build. The best situation is to block the first enemy blow, then hit and win.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 10:34:16 am by Ganon »

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1801
  • Infamy: 2055
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2011, 12:05:34 pm »
I love people who think that IF is useful skill and that STR builds are now obsolete.

I bet they still refuse to use heirloomed weapons because upkeep is soo high :rolleyes:

Clueless twats.

Offline Helrekkr

• Noble
  • Renown: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Shogunate_Helrekkr
« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2011, 12:18:03 pm »
I don't think STR stacking is anywhere as usefull as AGI stacking though.

I used the calculators and going from a 15 STR / 24 AGI build to 27 STR / 12 AGI (5 PS -> 9 PS) only increased damage done  by around 5-10 on a ~40 armor target.

That's not worth the huge loss of overall speed and WPP in my opinion.

Offline Erasmas

• Earl
  • Renown: 483
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The crows had come
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Erasmas_the_Grey
« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2011, 05:09:41 pm »
It is really good that you did not even mention xbowan, as this species is close to extinction.

As to the analysis: extremely expensive, in particular if you consider that xbowman needs a hybrid build, i.e. all weapon slots always need to be filled in by 1h, shield, xbow and bolts. Also, it is now rarely used as emergency shotgun with 0 WPF - someting that have to be accounted as plus. Change of policy regarding WPF effect may slower the extinction process, as the real xbowman have always used them, and now WPF really influence accuracy. Nerf to damage is intimidating, in particular if you take into the consideration the load speed. Some may say that xbow got its proper function after patch: infantry support. Game-wise it is deadly for the class, as every player wants to have some frags with its principal weapon. Let's face it: if someone puts decent number of WPF in xbows it means that it one's a favorite weapon. And in fact the number of xbows on the battlefield is clearly lower now.

Detailed calculation:

Assuming that 25k is a limit for upkeep with x1 multiplier (and my experience shows it really is), if you want to use Siege Xbow + steel bolts, you have 5,5k left for armour, 1h, and the shield, i.e you have to sacrifice armour (which has particular importance to xbowman due to loading time when you cannot move) to get mid-tier 1h and lower/mid tier shield. 

With Heavy Crossbow + steel bolts, it is slightly better: ca 11k for rest of equip. Sounds like low level armour (1k) + decent 1h and mid level shield. Heavy Crossbow, however, has limited power.

And if you consider that pure 2h build needs armour and 1 piece of weapon only, you (xbowman) are facing guys in chain/lamellar armour (often pumped with IF) and very decent weapon.... and this is the moment where lowered damage comes to create frustration.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 05:30:50 pm by Erasmas »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login