Author Topic: Lorne_ATS... Admin Abuse?  (Read 11281 times)

Offline Alopen

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Lorne_ATS... Admin Abuse?
« Reply #60 on: January 14, 2011, 02:12:24 pm »
I like the Fallen Ones server. It does have alot of unpopular (from ATS server perspective) people yet it tends to be slightly less crowded. But I haven't seen that much retarded behavior. So with my crappy nowhere near Chicago ping the less people playing the better. Someone tell chadz we don't need more NA servers, but rather an NA server not in F'ing Chicago.  :shock: Not everyone in America likes "da bears" or thinks that Ditka could beat beat god in football (SNL).

On a side note I don't care for  the ATS maps anyways and more importantly that they switch maps every 3-4 rounds and half the time I have to D/L the map and miss the first round completely. I can understand why you do it, but I still don't like it.

Offline Food

• Noble
  • Renown: 10
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: FOOD, AnimeGirl, BONK_BRO, Spam_More
« Reply #61 on: January 14, 2011, 02:54:41 pm »
I play on the NA servers from the UAE and successfully couch and block people (admittedly my blocking needs serious work). Please do not complain about ping.
Circlejerk (cool people): Literally_clan, Miley, Allers, Xenith_BRD, all_PIRATE_BROs, anyone with BRO in their name really, the Judges, HoboGhost_ATS, Wiegraf_BRD, like two LLJK maybe

Offline Vygar

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vygar_PxC, Divinicus_PxC, Tegashi_PxC
« Reply #62 on: January 14, 2011, 03:31:38 pm »
Gorath is nice man :D

I dunno.  he tk'd me the other day and didn't apologize  :D

Offline Heroin

• Baron
  • Renown: 135
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
  • cRPG NA Server Admin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: MB
  • Game nicks: BlackHand_Heroin, Heroin_ATS, Heroin__JaBoNRA, Heroine_Heroin_MB, F8
« Reply #63 on: January 14, 2011, 04:20:31 pm »
I kept rejoining server asking why he muted me and he would give me no answer, just muting me again.

Because Lorne hates you, likely because any time he takes action while you're being an asshat(and you've done a lot of that), you come post a thread on the forums trying to get public support to continue being an asshat, while simultaneously attempting to further tarnish Lorne's name.

Admittedly, both you and Miley have been fairly well-behaved since you've been unbanned, and I applaud you for that. In this instance that you're posting about, I thought muting you was unnecessary and so I unmuted you. When I unmuted you(about 30 seconds after you were muted), Lorne did not mute you any more.

If you think coming to the forums and complaining about Lorne will accomplish any of the following, you are wrong:

1. His admin is revoked.
2. He starts taking it easier on you.

If you want to accomplish either of the following, then you're on the right track:

1. Lorne starts watching you closely, looking for the most minor of infractions to get rid of you.
2. Lorne starts muting you for annoying him any time you type in chat.

The point here is, Lorne is an admin, and you're not going to change that. If you don't like being shat upon by admins, stop being a dick to admins.

Oh, and Lorne is a much more strict admin than myself, but he DOES follow/enforce the rules. The main difference between Lorne and myself is that I offer a polite suggestion to start following the rules before I take administrative action. Lorne does not see a need to do so, as the server rules are easy to find.
Quote from: Godfrey of Ibelin
I once fought for two days with an arrow through my testicle.

Offline Alopen

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 14, 2011, 04:47:32 pm »
I play on the NA servers from the UAE and successfully couch and block people (admittedly my blocking needs serious work). Please do not complain about ping.

And I used to play on the Eu servers all the time from the US. I'll complain about ping all I want. It does affect game play.  And blocking a good player is a complete crap shoot at best as you would know.

Offline Kaelaen

• Count
  • Renown: 163
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
  • Peasant
    • View Profile
    • H2O Kaelaen's Youtube Videos
  • Faction: Blandiloquent Rampallion Deutereagonists (BRD)
  • Game nicks: Kaelaen_BRD
  • IRC nick: Kaelaen
« Reply #65 on: January 14, 2011, 04:49:39 pm »
Going to disagree.  I hop back and forth on the EU and NA servers and notice no difference in lag.  Turning on FRAPs has a far bigger effect than 200 ping O.o

[edit]
Okay so skilled players might get through my block easier on the EU server, but I wouldn't have hard proof of that because I tend to run away and shoot even more on those servers.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 04:50:42 pm by Kaelaen »
-idlewind

Offline Dexxtaa

• King
  • Renown: 1268
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Remnant_Dexxtaa
« Reply #66 on: January 14, 2011, 04:54:38 pm »
This is a silly conversation. All the ATS posts on this thread are defending their own. It's totally biased and frankly a discussion not worth having.

We all know that certain ATS members throw their weight around more than they really have to, and that's what everyone has to deal with. It's really not up for discussion. If you have 1000 people telling ATS about admin abuse, it's not going to change anything. They'll defend their own.

Whether or not that's a professional move, that's up in the air, really. But the fact remains that we're not going to see change in those servers. So just let it slide and move on with life. Besides, it's a game.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline BD_Guard_Bane

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guards
  • Game nicks: BD_Guard_Bane
  • IRC nick: cmpxchg8b
« Reply #67 on: January 14, 2011, 05:25:21 pm »
Trolling is public performance art.

stand up comedy, if u will

If it's an art, and if it's akin to stand up comedy, can you please in future make more effort to ensure that it's actually funny?

From their reputation I always assume that LLJK posts will be hilarious pieces of subtle trolling, but I'm always disappointed. If you're up for some constructive criticism: those pictures are never funny.

I look forward to better results :)
I defended the village and all I got was this stupid title.

Offline Allers

• Count
  • Renown: 292
  • Infamy: 134
  • cRPG Player
  • Ca$hville
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ca$hville Records, Ruff Ryders
  • Game nicks: Allers, Young Buck, DMX
  • IRC nick: Allers
« Reply #68 on: January 14, 2011, 05:42:31 pm »
Because Lorne hates you, likely because any time he takes action while you're being an asshat(and you've done a lot of that), you come post a thread on the forums trying to get public support to continue being an asshat, while simultaneously attempting to further tarnish Lorne's name.

Admittedly, both you and Miley have been fairly well-behaved since you've been unbanned, and I applaud you for that. In this instance that you're posting about, I thought muting you was unnecessary and so I unmuted you. When I unmuted you(about 30 seconds after you were muted), Lorne did not mute you any more.

If you think coming to the forums and complaining about Lorne will accomplish any of the following, you are wrong:

1. His admin is revoked.
2. He starts taking it easier on you.

If you want to accomplish either of the following, then you're on the right track:

1. Lorne starts watching you closely, looking for the most minor of infractions to get rid of you.
2. Lorne starts muting you for annoying him any time you type in chat.

The point here is, Lorne is an admin, and you're not going to change that. If you don't like being shat upon by admins, stop being a dick to admins.

Oh, and Lorne is a much more strict admin than myself, but he DOES follow/enforce the rules. The main difference between Lorne and myself is that I offer a polite suggestion to start following the rules before I take administrative action. Lorne does not see a need to do so, as the server rules are easy to find.

Thats ok, we ALL know what Lorne is. I don't have to prove anymore. Sooner or later he's going to make a big mistake. :P
Ca$hville 615

Offline SeQuel

• Earl
  • Renown: 446
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SeQueL
  • IRC nick: SeQueL
« Reply #69 on: January 14, 2011, 05:44:59 pm »
Love how there just ignoring the fact that someone is admin abusing when screenshots were provided.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline Nindur

• Knight
  • Renown: 29
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northern Empire Rebellion
  • Game nicks: N1nd3r9
« Reply #70 on: January 14, 2011, 05:45:24 pm »
Fight the power man! Fight the establishment! Fuck Ats!!111!!

Edit: Now that I think about it, I have something constructive to add to the discussion/troll. I was on the server when all that shit was going down and here is a magical fact, I was the first person to get muted by Lorne! Usually when I die I blame lag/OP Archery/OP throwing, this annoys Lorne and I know this, yet I continue to follow this trend. So I died and said ARCHERY OP THROWING OP and Lorne mutes me, which at the time really fucking pissed me off but in hindsight can be easily justified by citing the No Douchebaggery rule which is stated clearly before you join the game. If you do something with the intention of causing shit, that can easily be categorized under General Douchebaggery. So if your feeling butt hurt, take solace in the fact that Lorne does not discriminate by Clan Tag, race, religion, etc. Also the court reccommends disregarding the evidence presented because the entire conversation is not available for examination.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 06:01:49 pm by Nindur »

Offline Food

• Noble
  • Renown: 10
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: FOOD, AnimeGirl, BONK_BRO, Spam_More
« Reply #71 on: January 14, 2011, 05:55:03 pm »
Love how there just ignoring the fact that someone is admin abusing when screenshots were provided.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
AFAIK nobody with actual power has ever commented on these types of threads, which is dumb because it then it always turns into some fools making sweeping accusations against other clans (or against their own clans in some cases :twisted:) and FIGHT THE POWER type of stuff.   *rages against the machine IRL*    (the machine is authority fyi)
Circlejerk (cool people): Literally_clan, Miley, Allers, Xenith_BRD, all_PIRATE_BROs, anyone with BRO in their name really, the Judges, HoboGhost_ATS, Wiegraf_BRD, like two LLJK maybe

Offline Dexxtaa

• King
  • Renown: 1268
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Remnant_Dexxtaa
« Reply #72 on: January 14, 2011, 06:00:14 pm »
Aaaaand we're still discussing this.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Miley

• Duke
  • Renown: 604
  • Infamy: 327
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 14, 2011, 06:08:27 pm »
Fight the power man! Fight the establishment! Fuck Ats!!111!!

Edit: Now that I think about it, I have something constructive to add to the discussion/troll. I was on the server when all that shit was going down and here is a magical fact, I was the first person to get muted by Lorne! Usually when I die I blame lag/OP Archery/OP throwing, this annoys Lorne and I know this, yet I continue to follow this trend. So I died and said ARCHERY OP THROWING OP and Lorne mutes me, which at the time really fucking pissed me off but in hindsight can be easily justified by citing the No Douchebaggery rule which is stated clearly before you join the game. If you do something with the intention of causing shit, that can easily be categorized under General Douchebaggery. So if your feeling butt hurt, take solace in the fact that Lorne does not discriminate by Clan Tag, race, religion, etc. Also the court reccommends disregarding the evidence presented because the entire conversation is not available for examination.

Chat. Logs.

Anyways, Allers shouldn't put all this stuff out into the public forum. Ecko clearly said in one of his posts that if someone needed to report an admin abuse it was to go to him or Garguro.

Offline Allers

• Count
  • Renown: 292
  • Infamy: 134
  • cRPG Player
  • Ca$hville
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ca$hville Records, Ruff Ryders
  • Game nicks: Allers, Young Buck, DMX
  • IRC nick: Allers
« Reply #74 on: January 14, 2011, 06:14:05 pm »
Chat. Logs.

Anyways, Allers shouldn't put all this stuff out into the public forum. Ecko clearly said in one of his posts that if someone needed to report an admin abuse it was to go to him or Garguro.

I didn't see that poe-tht
Ca$hville 615