Author Topic: Scene Editing: How To  (Read 17864 times)

Offline Jacko

• Renown: 839
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fffnanguard!
  • Game nicks: Jacko
Re: Scene Editing: How To
« Reply #75 on: August 31, 2011, 01:04:59 pm »
Yes.. There is apparently a couple of people that have a working redone entry code that fixes the random spawn points in siege. Spawning mid air (or in walls, underground and so on), is not because of bad entry points (usually..) but because of some strange siege entry point script. Stay tuned.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 01:43:45 pm by Jacko »
Monkeys!

Offline Volos

• Noble
  • Renown: 18
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
  • I'M RICK JAMES BITCH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Clan MacLeod(just kidding no clan...yet)
« Reply #76 on: September 11, 2011, 09:56:07 pm »
Where you wrote "Despair" in red when explaining about the scripts part of your tutorial, what are you suppose to do there or go straight to the next setp?

I've been following all the steps till "Despair".

Let me know, message me. I want to be able to make a playable multiplayer map for the NA or EU servers.
Game Characters: Volos, Volossa, Ashalem, Vorexuonek, Brun

Offline Jacko

• Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 11, 2011, 10:38:48 pm »
With python, the script part you need to edit looks like this:
(click to show/hide)

Without it, it's just long line of numbers, "uneditable":
(click to show/hide)

Despair

If your serious, get python working, it's fairly easy to set up and it will make everything So. Much. Easier.
(link in the first post)
Monkeys!

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 12, 2011, 08:13:01 pm »
Where you wrote "Despair" in red when explaining about the scripts part of your tutorial, what are you suppose to do there or go straight to the next setp?

I've been following all the steps till "Despair".

Let me know, message me. I want to be able to make a playable multiplayer map for the NA or EU servers.

That's what you should do, to despair. The problem is, it's not possible to continue there, because you need an id that is generated by the module system. So, either you do the whole thing with the module system, or you do it using Kong Ming's guide. Or you just edit an existing map and paste your terrain code over the correct entry in scenes.txt. That's what I'd do, if I were you. Modify the entries of an existing map (preferably one of the same game mode you use), instead of adding new entries to strings, scenes and scripts.txt. By modifying I mean changing the name, setting your .sco path and pasting the terrain code. Then you can cut these lines and deliver them with your finished map.

But if you are a patient man, it might be better to set up the module system, by reading the link in the original post. You can skip the quick scene chooser, as hosting the map is convenient enough IMO.

Also, if you don't care whether your maps also work in native, you might want to work in a copy of the cRPG module, not the native module, as the cRPG module has additional scene props.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?

Offline Lactating Vegetables

• Count
  • Renown: 280
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
  • Pew Pew
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Quincy
  • Game nicks: Aurora/ Lactating Vegetables/ Aurora_Borealis/ Hirovard
« Reply #79 on: November 06, 2011, 07:16:31 pm »
what about the defend the virgin game mod?

what is the spawn for the virgin?

Aurora makes me grab a shield every game!

Offline Niemand

• Count
  • Renown: 210
  • Infamy: 368
  • cRPG Player
  • When have I ever given a fuck?
    • View Profile
    • echstreme.designs
  • Faction: Strat: NPC
  • Game nicks: GSU_GlaucomysDragon
« Reply #80 on: November 23, 2011, 03:15:45 am »
Okay people.

Since I got no answer in the irc, I will ask it here...

I started mapping three days ago, since I need a new map for my little Project for cRPG.
What I did:
  • opened the Modules-Folder => copied the cRPG-Folder and renamed the "Copy of cRPG" to "mappingproject".
  • Then I did go to Modules/mappingproject/SceneObj and deleted everything in there.
  • Opened Warband, enabled Editing-Mode, started it with Module "mappingproject" and clicked on "Scene Editor"
  • There I chose "Heisenberg-Castle" (The first in row), because I think "if needed I can rename it later".
  • So now I placed some different stuff and made a little cheap castle to find out how that stuff works.

My questions right now are:
- How do I get a portcullis/drawing-bridge with a wind or a lever that works, like in Siege-Mode?
- How can I place Invisible walls (What Name do they have, if they are there? I only found "ai_limiter" and I can run through them in testing-mode), since I dont want people to fall down from the walls (It will be an event-map, so that makes sense.)
- How can I give my skeleton a Turban?
- Is there a possibility to make that stakes hurt players/horses on contact?
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 03:19:02 am by Niemand »
Strategus-Faction: NPC. (More informations via Mail. Include your Username or mail-adress for response.)
Phase/Stage #1: Max-amount of Goods: 50. | Max-Troops: 200.

Offline gazda

• Earl
  • Renown: 483
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • Its almost harvesting season.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Saracens
  • Game nicks: Gazda_the_Swine
  • IRC nick: gazda
« Reply #81 on: November 23, 2011, 07:53:54 am »

My questions right now are:
- How do I get a portcullis/drawing-bridge with a wind or a lever that works, like in Siege-Mode?
- How can I place Invisible walls (What Name do they have, if they are there? I only found "ai_limiter" and I can run through them in testing-mode), since I dont want people to fall down from the walls (It will be an event-map, so that makes sense.)
- How can I give my skeleton a Turban?
- Is there a possibility to make that stakes hurt players/horses on contact?

-you need to place a scene prop named "winch_b"(winch_a wont work so it has to be winch_b) near the scene prop named "portcullis".
  when the map is done and you test it, what winch will open the nearest door to it. So if you would have more porcullis', every portcullis   
  will be open by nearest winch.

-you need to use scene prop "barrier_xm"(there are more different size of barriers, barrier_8m, barrier_20m etc., but it doesnt really 
 matter couse you can resize them) there are 2 sides of that scene prop, red and green, trough red side, you cannot pass trough, but
 trough green you can. So be sure to put it on the right side.

-you can use some of the skeleton scene props to make a skeleton, and for turbans, when you edit your scene, theres a drop down
 menu where you can choose from, scene_proops, flora_kinds, item_kinds, passages, Choose item_kinds, it will give you a list of all items
 in crpg, and you can then use those same way as scene props.  crpg has some turban helmets, just choose the one you like ans make
 and place it on the head of skeleton

-no, you cant do that.

Offline Niemand

• Count
  • Renown: 210
  • Infamy: 368
  • cRPG Player
  • When have I ever given a fuck?
    • View Profile
    • echstreme.designs
  • Faction: Strat: NPC
  • Game nicks: GSU_GlaucomysDragon
« Reply #82 on: November 23, 2011, 09:00:46 am »
Great! Thank you for this perfectly understandable answer!
Strategus-Faction: NPC. (More informations via Mail. Include your Username or mail-adress for response.)
Phase/Stage #1: Max-amount of Goods: 50. | Max-Troops: 200.

Offline obitus

• Earl
  • Renown: 486
  • Infamy: 58
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeAOv_H-hh0&hd=1
  • Faction: kings of kd
« Reply #83 on: December 04, 2011, 10:19:42 pm »
I notice that only 32 spawn points are allocated per team for Battle maps.  How does this work when there are ~55 players on each team?

I see that in Bear Tavern there is only one spawn point for either team, whereas in Attack on a Caravan there are 32 for each team.  I assume that clusters of players spawn when there aren't enough defined spots. 

How exactly does this work?  I have some ship spawns that will require precision.

edit: looks like cRPG battle just uses one spawn point per team.  I'll just drop the players on the beach to start.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 11:30:46 pm by obitus »

Offline Jacko

• Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 04, 2011, 11:48:16 pm »
From my experience, either use all the spawn points for each team (0-31, 32-64) or use 0 and 32 on "safe" spots (big open places). In regular battle, there is (usually) no need to use anything other then 0 and 32 spawns. Yes, it clusters the player around the available spawns (which might leave players in inconvenient spots if they are pushed too far *cough*).
Monkeys!

Offline obitus

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 05, 2011, 01:53:53 am »
Ok...I've been taking notes by watching the starts of rounds in the main server.

Most maps do seem to only have one spawn per side, but I actually prefer maps with more spread-out starts.  There's one ruins map in particular in which it was apparent that it's a better idea to have multiple spawns - cavalry aren't wedged together, so there's less team damage out of the gates.

I'm still not exactly certain how it chooses which spawns and when, but I'm brave enough to put some spawns on the ships, even if most are on the dock/beaches...

Offline obitus

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 05, 2011, 10:08:33 am »
I cannot get bots to spawn in cRPG in any map, under any circumstances, waiting for any amount of time.

The timer in the top right ticks down to 4:59 and then immediately resets to 5:00.  Nothing ever spawns.

What am I doing wrong?
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 10:31:40 am by obitus »

Offline obitus

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 05, 2011, 10:53:43 am »
Okay it looks like you can somehow increase teh bot limit in vanilla to test with 100v100 (200 bots), but there's no clues anywhere on the entire fucking web on how to do that.

Please help me.  I am intensely frustrated.

Offline Peasant_Woman

• Earl
  • Renown: 438
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Unofficial Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ninja, Ming, Companions, Cavemen
  • Game nicks: Peasant_Woman, Ninja_Ninja, Ming_Ninja, Companion_Ninja.
« Reply #88 on: December 05, 2011, 11:27:44 am »
+1
Okay it looks like you can somehow increase teh bot limit in vanilla to test with 100v100 (200 bots), but there's no clues anywhere on the entire fucking web on how to do that.

Please help me.  I am intensely frustrated.

Doing this involves downloading the dedicated server files, and hex editing. Official Forums I don't know more than that.

Honestly you'd be better off just setting your map to host on a server with 64 bots, 32 per team which leaves you in spectator to observe if any get stuck when spawning. In my experience bots take about 10-15 seconds to all pick a team and spawn, so if nothing happens at first wait for a little while.

I cannot get bots to spawn in cRPG in any map, under any circumstances, waiting for any amount of time.

The timer in the top right ticks down to 4:59 and then immediately resets to 5:00.  Nothing ever spawns.

What am I doing wrong?

Check that the 'time per round' or similar option in the server hosting interface is long enough for bots to actually spawn. It takes them a while to pick a team and start after the server is made.

Ok...I've been taking notes by watching the starts of rounds in the main server.

Most maps do seem to only have one spawn per side, but I actually prefer maps with more spread-out starts.  There's one ruins map in particular in which it was apparent that it's a better idea to have multiple spawns - cavalry aren't wedged together, so there's less team damage out of the gates.

I'm still not exactly certain how it chooses which spawns and when, but I'm brave enough to put some spawns on the ships, even if most are on the dock/beaches...

The easiest way to get a feel for the battle spawns is just to try them. I remember reading on a map editing guide how if you use all the spawns (instead of just 0 and 32) for battle they can work, and they can be a little weird due to the insane spawning script this game has. Best to keep all a teams spawns relatively close together (and not anywhere near the other teams spawns).

EDITED: Grammar
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 11:33:23 am by Peasant_Woman »
Maybe you are not bad, but you are a boring person. Well, that's the end of the matter.
Guide to map making
My Maps

Offline obitus

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 06, 2011, 01:43:27 am »
+1
Alrighty here's what I've learned...

-In Native module, even though the player limit is 64 you can still add 100 v 100 bots and they will all spawn.
-cRPG module cannot spawn bots.
-Only spawn points 0 and 32 are used in Battle in Native.  (One spawn point per team).  Who the fuck knows on cRPG, it can't spawn bots.
-Here's how the one spawn point per team works...a row of players is spawned starting at the entry point arrow, then to the right of it.  This continues until about 10 players are spawned OR the row of players hits a barrier, at which point the next row starts up behind the arrow.