Author Topic: OK elephant in the room,  (Read 2458 times)

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
Re: OK elephant in the room,
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2011, 04:24:20 am »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

You look a bit like Shaggy.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 04:28:51 am by Gnjus »
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2011, 07:16:23 am »
Blocking is for pussies.
Turtles

Offline Corwin

• Earl
  • Renown: 499
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Corwin_the_Lazy
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2011, 10:22:07 am »
Blocking is for pussies.
This is what I 've been saying all along!
I mean, what have you got to lose? You know, you come from nothing, you're going back to nothing, what have you lost? Nothing!

Offline Tavuk_Bey

• Earl
  • Renown: 409
  • Infamy: 233
  • cRPG Player
  • herrroo, my näym iz bokkkseee änd i'm fukken ugry
    • View Profile
  • Faction: bashibazouk, the official jihad clan
  • Game nicks: tavuk
  • IRC nick: Minister of Shitstorm
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2011, 12:42:04 pm »
pigly disgusting

roast and roast again until lambs become kebab

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2011, 04:46:07 pm »
Blocking is for pussies.

Then I must be one of the manliest players in all of cRPG.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline monsterbrum

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Zoink?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar.
  • Game nicks: Templar_Brum, Biggus_Dickus, and many more!
  • IRC nick: Monsterbrum
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2011, 04:50:07 pm »
hahaha  :lol:

Offline Murmillus_Prime

• Earl
  • Renown: 424
  • Infamy: 181
  • cRPG Player
  • Dying is gay.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Murmillus_Prime
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2011, 11:38:47 pm »
Hits that go through blocks are usually hits that go through blocks that have not been held. I learned this lesson apon examination of video footage that I took and then slowed down 8X. The footage showed that in normal time the animation of the block gave the illusion that you're still protecting your character, but when slowed down 8X slower than normal speed I recognised my character starting to lower the block as the enemy swing came crashing down.

Sure it's annoying, especially when you're facing someone who knows exactly when you've let go of block and not before the animations on your screen catch up with the action of releasing the block, which I suspect is down to badluck and possible client modding which shows when players are blocking or not...
« Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 11:39:58 pm by Murmillus_Prime »
Dumbfuck.Fuckwit.Cuntshit.Brickfuck.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2011, 08:31:34 am »

Offline Templar_Ratigan

• Count
  • Renown: 183
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2011, 11:30:22 am »
Hits that go through blocks are usually hits that go through blocks that have not been held. I learned this lesson apon examination of video footage that I took and then slowed down 8X. The footage showed that in normal time the animation of the block gave the illusion that you're still protecting your character, but when slowed down 8X slower than normal speed I recognised my character starting to lower the block as the enemy swing came crashing down.

Sure it's annoying, especially when you're facing someone who knows exactly when you've let go of block and not before the animations on your screen catch up with the action of releasing the block, which I suspect is down to badluck and possible client modding which shows when players are blocking or not...

That's a great point and one ive thought about a lot recently, unfortunately when I start to hold my blocks longer the opponent, usually a balanced or 18/21 2 hander, will just swing even more meaning im twice as much on the backfoot.

I think my greatest flaw is vs those who have a penchant for feinting an enormous amount as well as just being generally fast, although when I use my 2 hander character I do a lot better vs them. This character is slightly gimped from the start being one hander with no shield, but I reason that nothing should be un-do-able.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 11:31:25 am by Templar_Ratigan »
He reached for his pants and grabbed the cheese, missing the bees whose honey he needs.

Offline Memento_Mori

• Count
  • Renown: 187
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
  • I use these forums to hook up with hot ladies
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Memento_Mori, Sengo_Muramasa, Born_Of_Osiris,
« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2011, 03:17:14 pm »
Delayed or held attacks can sometimes have the illusion of going through your blocks, but that is more player error than problem with the game. - already mentioned
also turning too much into or away from your blocks - already mentioned

Another problem is packet loss, which can cause YOU on your side to be shown with the correct block, lets say an overhead, but your opponent sees you holding a down block, and continues through with his over head attack which on your screen looks like it should have been blocked but wasn't.

Happens a bit on duels, where there is actually time to talk to one another to see wtf went wrong why your opponent was sitting there so confidently with a down block ready to receive your overhead.

Another form of this is blocking with the complete wrong attack, IE, blocking side swings with over heads or down blocks, animation is showing the wrong sequence but it was the correct block.

info gathered through experience, im not a computer tech or anything so I may be totally wrong as to what to call it but this is what happens for me and a few others I've talked to about it.

« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 03:19:34 pm by Memento_Mori »

Offline VicTheBear

• Knight
  • Renown: 45
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
  • You guys are dicks, and I'll drink to that.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: VicTheBear
  • IRC nick: VicTheBear
« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2011, 06:07:03 pm »
I've found that you can hit "through" a block, including some shields, by rotating in one direction or the other around the target just as you swing. So if you're aiming a left swing at a shielder and rotate/sidestep to that side you're more likely to hit "through" their block/shield. I'm guessing this goes back to hitboxes.
The player sees you swinging from the right or left (sometimes works with stabs too) and blocks accordingly, but you actually end up hitting them from what the game thinks is their side. I've also found that if you turn to compensate for this sidestepping attack, you will almost always block their swing as well as attacks that may not have been angled to hit from the side anyway. So: turn slightly with your block and you'll block the ones that are coming from an enemy directly in front of you as well as those from the "side."
--victoria