Author Topic: OK elephant in the room,  (Read 2451 times)

Offline Templar_Ratigan

• Count
  • Renown: 183
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
OK elephant in the room,
« on: July 02, 2011, 11:16:16 pm »
..........or rather an elephant that everyone sees and discusses but not enough in my opinion.

OK so how about that getting hit through block stuff huh?

Frankly im skeptical as to whether or not I or others are even really getting hit through blocks or more that it is a serverside problem.

See ive noticed, especially on the bigger servers, that the more people you have the more often these.....discrepancies appear.

Now before you blow your load all over me about how im just a bad player, im more than willing to accept my own mistakes when I play, in fact I revel in them because they allow me to grow and be a better player.

What im not too pleased with is knowing that I moved the mouse right, knowing that I pressed that right mouse button and kept it down, knowing that that attack is coming from the right, his/her left, and then seeing "errk" crumple at knees into a ragdoll.

My face then becomes this:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

So far, so nerd rage. Incidentally that is eczema on my forehead dammit.

But then I think: visitors can't see pics , please register or login

So maybe it was me afterall!!!.

Frankly I don't want to create an excuse for people to use any more than I want Gorath in my house balancing my games.

However I do usually see my own mistakes, but id love for someone to test this with my so I can prove/disprove it once and for all.

All I wish to achieve is to turn players from this:

Into this:

So come on in, is it plausible, or just another way for those terrible peasants to whine?  :mrgreen:

Discuss it with everyone...

He reached for his pants and grabbed the cheese, missing the bees whose honey he needs.

Offline Gildiss

• Knight
  • Renown: 39
  • Infamy: 18
  • cRPG Player
  • Goldline.com
    • View Profile
Re: OK elephant in the room,
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2011, 11:18:46 pm »
Get a haircut.

Offline Templar_Ratigan

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2011, 11:30:02 pm »
Despite the ugly visual aides of someone who isnt me, this was actually a serious topic.  :evil:

Not spam.

He reached for his pants and grabbed the cheese, missing the bees whose honey he needs.

Offline Gildiss

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
  • Goldline.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2011, 11:33:06 pm »
You overestimate the range that your block actually covers, I do this to shielders. This is just a matter of hitboxes.

Offline Gildiss

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
  • Goldline.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2011, 11:34:43 pm »
Also, this got moved to spam.

heh

Offline Templar_Ratigan

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2011, 11:36:48 pm »
You overestimate the range that your block actually covers, I do this to shielders. This is just a matter of hitboxes.

Aha thank you, a good answer, something similar has crossed my mind.

Yeah I know it got moved to spam, I think it has something to do with the average low IQ of an admin: "Duh silleh faces mean dat it isnt sewious".

Offline Earthdforce

• Earl
  • Renown: 391
  • Infamy: 150
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Earth_Geodude_da_Defender, _RageThrower
  • IRC nick: Khalestimo#7613
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2011, 12:00:08 am »
Aha thank you, a good answer, something similar has crossed my mind.

Yeah I know it got moved to spam, I think it has something to do with the average low IQ of an admin: "Duh silleh faces mean dat it isnt sewious".

You would insult Vargas?! Mute! No but seriously, I hate how people can swing around my block, but I love doing it to other people and hearing them rage about it just as hard as I do! I'd recommend learning how to do this just as effectively against your opponents as they seem to be doing it to you, and you'll be making them look as angry as you do!

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2011, 12:04:39 am »
Pictures are so full of win... +1
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Templar_Ratigan

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2011, 12:24:02 am »
You would insult Vargas?! Mute! No but seriously, I hate how people can swing around my block, but I love doing it to other people and hearing them rage about it just as hard as I do! I'd recommend learning how to do this just as effectively against your opponents as they seem to be doing it to you, and you'll be making them look as angry as you do!

Yeah that is another train of thought ive had, another fault is if you turn too much and expose your back or sides without realising it, unfortunately that isnt always easy to judge, especially since characters often turn at the speed of a raging granny at the garden centre on discount day, who has just realised that the last compost bag has gone.

As for Vargas, perhaps I was being too harsh on the old boy. Probably just doing his job.  :mrgreen:
« Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 12:26:13 am by Templar_Ratigan »

Offline Earthdforce

• Earl
  • Renown: 391
  • Infamy: 150
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Earth_Geodude_da_Defender, _RageThrower
  • IRC nick: Khalestimo#7613
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2011, 12:31:56 am »
Yeah that is another train of thought ive had, another fault is if you turn too much and expose your back or sides without realising it, unfortunately that isnt always easy to judge, especially since characters often turn at the speed of a raging granny at the garden centre on discount day, who has just realised that the last compost bag has gone.

As for Vargas, perhaps I was being too harsh on the old boy. Probably just doing his job.  :mrgreen:
Have you tried always sticking with a friend to assault enemies? The buddy system works with cub scouts and warriors!

Offline H4rdn3ssKill3r

• Baron
  • Renown: 107
  • Infamy: 46
  • cRPG Player
  • Crummy Wizard
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: naaaaaaaaaah
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2011, 12:36:03 am »
I APRROVE OF THIS THREAD!
f8uasdlöadk blablablababa lbalba
^ Analogy of discussions on forums.

Offline Templar_Ratigan

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2011, 12:47:40 am »
Have you tried always sticking with a friend to assault enemies? The buddy system works with cub scouts and warriors!
Actually yes one of my characters is built for this very purpose, I love him.

Oh a new idea formulates, my inconsistancy, sometimes I play really well hur hur, but other times im half asleep that might contribute somewhat.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 01:02:14 am by Templar_Ratigan »

Offline TheMap

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2011, 02:40:58 am »
Man your pretty ugly.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2011, 02:48:41 am »
I like him...
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Infamy: 51
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2011, 03:24:40 am »
it really is caused by server lag when you block the right way and it goes through anyways. Unless you aren't facing the enemy, which is a whole other issue not related to lag but personal error.
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.