Author Topic: Heirloom points  (Read 1049 times)

Offline Nyalan

• Baron
  • Renown: 84
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • Gamer/Artist (Multiclass)
    • View Profile
Heirloom points
« on: July 02, 2011, 03:24:50 am »
Having red lots of things about heirlooming, I'd like to confirm something: I see you can accumulate heirloom points without using them and retiring anyway, can you use them anytime after? Or do you need to wait to level 31 again to use them? Or am I wrong and you can't keep the points after you retire?
« Last Edit: July 02, 2011, 04:06:10 am by Nyalan »

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • Renown: 467
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
  • Relax, it is just a life...
    • View Profile
    • Wanna work with me? Ping for more info!
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Fapulena, Useless
  • IRC nick: Cepeshi
Re: Heirloom points
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2011, 06:56:15 am »
Having red lots of things about heirlooming, I'd like to confirm something: I see you can accumulate heirloom points without using them and retiring anyway, can you use them anytime after? Or do you need to wait to level 31 again to use them? Or am I wrong and you can't keep the points after you retire?

interesting question actually, never retired without upgrading items so far :) anyone with experience can share?

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2011, 03:05:08 pm »
You can't accumulate heirloom points.
You use one each time you retire, and you gain one each time you retire, so +1,-1 = 0 accumulated.

The only reason why some people have more than 0 current heirloom points is thanks to an heirloom respec made a while back.
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;

Offline Nyalan

• Baron
  • Renown: 84
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • Gamer/Artist (Multiclass)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2011, 12:04:02 am »
So there is really no way to keep a point and reassign it later after having retired? If you retire and you don't spend your point, it will be lost and there's no way it could be spent after?

What's Heirloom respec? Can you reassign any point by this? (souldn't be or people wouln't be wating months to exchange an item for another on the market)

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • Renown: 467
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
  • Relax, it is just a life...
    • View Profile
    • Wanna work with me? Ping for more info!
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Fapulena, Useless
  • IRC nick: Cepeshi
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2011, 12:23:46 am »
So there is really no way to keep a point and reassign it later after having retired? If you retire and you don't spend your point, it will be lost and there's no way it could be spent after?

What's Heirloom respec? Can you reassign any point by this? (souldn't be or people wouln't be wating months to exchange an item for another on the market)

there has been 2 respec over the time i play, and both were to counter some recalculations to make the old veteran milion times retired players not that immortal and stuff, pretty much they took away all our looms and gave us some number of points we could redistribute (not happening on regular basis, just after some changes were made)

Offline Prosed

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
  • Raawr
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Prosed
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2011, 10:39:38 am »
There is no heirloom respec. When you retire you have to put your heirloom point in an item you can use. If later on you want to have another item heirloomed you can try and sell it on the market. That worked for me  :D.
I just can't wait to be King.

Offline SkyrayFox

• Noble
  • Renown: 19
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
  • Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: SkyrayFox
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2011, 12:01:37 pm »

If you retire you can put 1 heirloom point into an item of your choice.

Once you do that your character gains a generation and is reset to level 1.

You can't 'save' a heirloom point for later use.

If you respec when already level 31 you will lose half your experience and the possibility of retiring. You need to be level 31 again if you want to retire and heirloom an item.