Author Topic: Punish Team Damaging  (Read 2810 times)

Offline Eluem

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Punish Team Damaging
« on: January 12, 2011, 11:51:09 pm »
I was thinking about how frustrating it is when I'm killed by an enemy because a team cavalry bumps me or an allied archer shoots me in the back while I'm fighting... then the person has an opening to kill me.

I know that when you team kill someone you lose exp and gold... but I believe that there should be some punishment for team damaging.

Perhaps a system where you lose gold and maybe exp when you hit someone?

This will hopefully stop all the friendly horse bumping going on....

Offline panderson

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The White Company
  • Game nicks: Pandersonsonsonsonson_WCo
  • IRC nick: Panderson
Re: Punish Team Damaging
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2011, 06:59:27 am »
I am fine with this...and this is coming from a cav player.  Usually I feel bad when I bump someone; however, there are those instances where people just walk into your way....on those few occasions, I could deal with taking an xp hit.

Offline Food

• Noble
  • Renown: 10
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: FOOD, AnimeGirl, BONK_BRO, Spam_More
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2011, 08:27:54 am »
Sometimes The Fallen Ones server has reflective team damage so if you team wound someone you also get hurt. This leads to some pretty hilarious events where spammers end up killing themselves due to team damage.

Unfortunately friendly horse bumping is not factored.
Circlejerk (cool people): Literally_clan, Miley, Allers, Xenith_BRD, all_PIRATE_BROs, anyone with BRO in their name really, the Judges, HoboGhost_ATS, Wiegraf_BRD, like two LLJK maybe

Offline Helrekkr

• Noble
  • Renown: 16
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Shogunate_Helrekkr
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2011, 09:06:03 am »
Unfortunately friendly horse bumping is not factored.

The horse should take damage ! Would be so funny seeing friendly cav fall flat on their faces after running over allies.

Offline Food

• Noble
  • Renown: 10
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: FOOD, AnimeGirl, BONK_BRO, Spam_More
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2011, 10:16:57 am »
Totally agree
Circlejerk (cool people): Literally_clan, Miley, Allers, Xenith_BRD, all_PIRATE_BROs, anyone with BRO in their name really, the Judges, HoboGhost_ATS, Wiegraf_BRD, like two LLJK maybe

Offline LLJK_Korea1

• Knight
  • Renown: 30
  • Infamy: 25
  • cRPG Player
  • What of it?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2011, 10:43:11 am »
It seems that any time you are on horse, the horse activates some kind of magnet that attracts friendlies into its hooves. I mean, I do full gallop, riding fast as fuck so don't get into my way because I can't stop that fast. It's your own fucking fault if you run into me. In spawns I try my best not to trample, but it's hard because some people run into your way on purpose so they have reason to de-mount you.  :|
PROUD CITIZEN OF PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC OF LLJK

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline AvengerC47

• Knight
  • Renown: 53
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Guerra, guerra nunca cambia
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
  • Game nicks: c47
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2011, 11:10:03 am »
I was thinking about how frustrating it is when I'm killed by an enemy because a team cavalry bumps me or an allied archer shoots me in the back while I'm fighting... then the person has an opening to kill me.

Mostly, when I'm on a horse, I'm bumping my teammates after killing an enemy who wants to kill him.
Or, like someone told, when he change his moving direction straight into our horse

I mean, I do full gallop, riding fast as fuck so don't get into my way because I can't stop that fast.

use ctrl+j
instant stop ;)
but then enemy cav, or infantry when they are close, can easily take us down
Guerra, guerra nunca cambia

Sorry for my bad english :d

Offline LLJK_Korea1

• Knight
  • Renown: 30
  • Infamy: 25
  • cRPG Player
  • What of it?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2011, 11:18:34 am »
but then enemy cav, or infantry when they are close, can easily take us down

Excatly. You should respect horsemen as equal in your team, they're very good shock-troops and flankers that can make a gap in enemy lines for you crazy two-handers to go in and wreak havoc.  :P
PROUD CITIZEN OF PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC OF LLJK

Offline Eyerra

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2011, 02:09:48 pm »
Accidents happen. On the other hand punishing for it every time seems kind of harsh. :?

Maybe I'm too nice... or then I don't like losing experience when I shoot a team member in the back.

Offline Corwin

• Earl
  • Renown: 499
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Corwin_the_Lazy
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2011, 03:52:18 pm »
No, it is more fun this way. Accidents happen, and I do get pissed of when someone intentionally hurts me, but I am forgiving. Besides, we can't regulate all devious behaviors we see in-game. For example, I was climbing a ladder which was already badly damaged. One asshole on my team, seeing that, thought that it would be funny to wait until I am high enough, and then destroy the ladders! No penalty for him, right? He didn't do anything wrong. So we should be to quick to pass penalty if someone hurts someone else by accident.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 03:53:22 pm by Corwinus »
I mean, what have you got to lose? You know, you come from nothing, you're going back to nothing, what have you lost? Nothing!

Offline Eluem

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2011, 02:27:57 am »
Firstly, to you cavs (or archers for that matter) that are telling us infantry to respect you and stay out of your way:

If I'm fighting 1v1 and you come along simply to take the kill and you bump/shoot me in the back... then it's your fault, not mine for not avoiding you. It's not like I knew you were running full gallop up behind me to attempt to behead the person I was about to finish killing.

Reduce the chance of punishing accidents:

Every team hit gives you a counter, the counters decay over time

the first 3 counters don't effect you

every counter you get past 3 costs you more exp/gold (up to a certain max number of counters)

Offline AvengerC47

• Knight
  • Renown: 53
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Guerra, guerra nunca cambia
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
  • Game nicks: c47
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2011, 10:39:19 am »
so at the beginning you will have counter at more than 3
cav is bumping at spawn many times because of a lot of infantry move direction changes (mostly because of that) but it'd not giving any damage (low speed)
and not only cav, many players are kicking who is not moving and blocking their way at spawn (and that is giving some damage)

A topic is about team damaging, not only bumping, most of kills/damaging are because of spammers that 'trying to help you' and hits you (and then an enemy can hit you again and kill)

As like topic maker said it should be punished by loosing gold and xp
we don't need any counters
Guerra, guerra nunca cambia

Sorry for my bad english :d

Offline Eluem

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2011, 11:35:47 pm »
so at the beginning you will have counter at more than 3
cav is bumping at spawn many times because of a lot of infantry move direction changes (mostly because of that) but it'd not giving any damage (low speed)
and not only cav, many players are kicking who is not moving and blocking their way at spawn (and that is giving some damage)

A topic is about team damaging, not only bumping, most of kills/damaging are because of spammers that 'trying to help you' and hits you (and then an enemy can hit you again and kill)

As like topic maker said it should be punished by loosing gold and xp
we don't need any counters

:P I am the topic maker.

If cavalry can't be a little patient or careful with their team bumping, then they deserve to stack their first 3 counters at the beginning of the match.

Also, maybe... the more damage you do.. the more counters you get with the hit. So a kick or a horse bump will only give 1 counter... but a high damage arrow to the back or a full on horse trampling will give you 3 counters. Idk it's just a basic idea.. the details could be worked out.

I just wanted to suggest something overall that will punish team damage/bumping instead of team killing. I don't get team killed all that often and it's usually a really legitimate accident when I do. However, when someone team damages me, it's not always a legit accident. It's either carelessness... or even intentional.

I've had people follow me around and intentionally team damage me and get away with it simply because it doesn't register to everyone that they're trying to get me killed. Smart tkers don't kill their teammates outright.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2028
  • Infamy: 2846
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2011, 11:41:40 pm »
Make it that tk means autokick. Do it please, I'm sure it's easier than mirror damage or whatever.

Team damage is an issue as well but when someone gets kicked because he tked while having x5 modifier, next time he'll think before he swing his weapon into crowd  :wink:
« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 11:42:52 pm by Leshma »

Offline AssPunisher

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2011, 11:50:54 pm »
Make it that tk means autokick. Do it please, I'm sure it's easier than mirror damage or whatever.

Team damage is an issue as well but when someone gets kicked because he tked while having x5 modifier, next time he'll think before he swing his weapon into crowd  :wink:

First time you accidentaly TK someone and lose x5 for being auto kicked you'll come back here whining to be removed   :)