Author Topic: Solid Builds  (Read 283984 times)

Offline donib

• Count
  • Renown: 295
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow money, slow problems
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Donib
Re: Solid Builds
« Reply #585 on: January 24, 2013, 07:09:18 pm »
I would go riding and perhaps champion rouncy, dont think 4 shield is enough for a decent hoplite

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
« Reply #586 on: January 24, 2013, 10:47:16 pm »
+1
4 Shield is actually prefect for hopliting. Masterpiece elite cavalry shield, yo! Though, you don't have to loom it for it to be good.
Canary is level 35 with 2 shield skill, and he actually does fine with a shield/spear. But if he had 4 shield skill, it'd be leaps and bounds better.

I like that level 34 build.

4 riding also works. The guy is right about a champion rouncey, you'd be able to do work with that. Depends if you like cav or shield! Playstyle decision imo.
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.

Offline no_rules_just_play

• King
  • Renown: 1401
  • Infamy: 384
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE; Peasants United; Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: CapraAegagrusHircus_HRE; no_rules_just_play_HRE
  • IRC nick: norulesjustplay
« Reply #587 on: January 24, 2013, 11:08:41 pm »
thanks, i think ill have to see what i do by than. powerthrow isnt a good option according to you?

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: January 25, 2013, 09:45:23 am »
+1
No. Not at all. Plus you'd need a bunch of throwing wpf. if you want to hybridize, put excess wpf points in to 1h. Then definitely go with the shield skill.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.

Offline Macropus

• King
  • Renown: 1668
  • Infamy: 296
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macropus
« Reply #589 on: January 25, 2013, 03:09:00 pm »
Lol, No_Rules, that build is exactly what I've been thinking about for some time.
I would definitely put these skillpoints in shield skill, 4 is fine, who cares if it breaks since that would give you one (or three in case of using warspear) additional directions for attacking, also it allows you to pick up the most common shields from the ground. And if you use Plate Covered Shield (im not sure if shield speed matters for hoplites) you can sustain infinite about of arrows and strikes, except some very powerful ones like throwing, cav strikes or str-whores strikes. Even if you're not hopliting, a small shield on your back helps imo.

Offline Mlekce

• Earl
  • Renown: 454
  • Infamy: 367
  • cRPG Player
  • Remove kebab
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard, ex Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Mlekce, Sergius
  • IRC nick: Mlekce
« Reply #590 on: February 05, 2013, 06:28:13 pm »
I changed my mind i dont want to retire anymore. so what should i do now with this build at lvl 31?

Level 30 (4 420 577 xp)

Strength: 18
Agility: 21
Skills to attributes: 4
Ironflesh: 4
Power Strike: 6
Shield: 5
Athletics: 7
Weapon Master: 1
One Handed: 118

should i go 21/21 or 18/21 or 18/21 but with improved stats.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 09:31:14 pm by Mlekce »

Offline Canderous

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: February 06, 2013, 02:29:32 pm »
+1
Is there any HX build in this thread?

Offline Bifi

• Count
  • Renown: 211
  • Infamy: 6
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Bifi, Mr_Turtle
  • IRC nick: Bifi
« Reply #592 on: February 06, 2013, 03:09:49 pm »
(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

found those 2
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 03:16:15 pm by Bifi »
[16:30] <@cmp> real programmers don't make webpages
Quote from: cmpxchg8b
- fixed Jesus bug

Offline Canderous

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: February 06, 2013, 04:30:14 pm »
+1
thx alot

Offline Wulfbode97

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Awesomepie97
« Reply #594 on: February 09, 2013, 06:57:35 am »
Well seems i've screwed up my shielder build lol

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: February 09, 2013, 08:15:41 pm »
Hey marathon, I've seen you always distributed 1h points and pole points for 1h cavalry. Is it not good to have only 1handed wpf at all? I really feel the difference between 110 wpf and 140 wpf, especially if I am on foot.

Based on the feedback I had, I decided to use this build:

Level: 30 (33)

STR: 18 (21)
AGI: 18

Ironflesh: 3
Power Strike: 6 (7)
Athletics: 6
Riding: 6
Shield: 4
Weapon Master: 4 (6)

One hand: 134 (154)
Pole: 50 (seemed logical for me, instead of 4-5 wpf in one hand)

Will use champion mamluk horse, mw arabian cav sword, great lance, mamluk armor probably, etc...

I actually tried cavalry before. It was level 31, no loomed equipment, 15/21 build and was doing fine with a regular mamluk horse and a great lance. Also wpf was distributed between 1h/pole (100 pole), but I was using 1handers more. The only problem I had was, my non-loomed arabian cav sword wasn't doing well on foot, with only 5 power strike. I want more hitpower now, but I was also satisfied with my riding speed/manuever overall. Now since my mamluk horse will be champion, will it be the same experience with 6 riding now; compared to 7 riding and a regular mamluk horse? Besides, is this build viable for strategus battles too? I will also level it up further.
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: February 11, 2013, 08:57:43 am »
+1
It will be good, but I do suggest 100 WPF in pole.
You may not have noticed your pole proficiency helping that much since you used a great lance, not a heavy lance -- but the 100 wpf is when your weapon is used 'as stats listed'. Less than 100 effective wpf has lower damage and speed.
Additionally, slower weapons benefit proportionally MORE from the speed bonus from WPF -- So having 100 wpf instead of 50 will help your pole more than the small loss in 1h wpf.

Your champion mamluk will be AMAZING. Like, seriously amazing compared to non-loomed horses. no comparison.

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: February 11, 2013, 12:07:10 pm »
Ok thanks! I actually won't be using a heavy lance at all. I tried pole/1h hybrid, and I was feeling as it was a waste cause I was using my 1hander much more and was doing good. I just picked pole wpf for the strategus to be honest, when there are no weapons but lances to be used. Besides, pikes can be useful on foot too. 100 wpf would be really effective, but I kinda feel the difference in 1handed wpf. up to 50 wpf costs 1 point each, so I decided to make an investment. Polearms can be useful at times.

Knowing that wpf benefits the speed bonus is nice, I didn't know that before! So my arabian cav sword (95 speed) will be much more useful with more wpf I suppose! Thanks for your comment, really clarified the things for me.
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: February 11, 2013, 05:26:04 pm »
Clarifying my words just in-case of ambiguity
"Speed bonus from WPF" means that wpf increases weapon speed, not that it increases the "movement speed damage bonus".

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: February 11, 2013, 05:50:57 pm »
Oh. I thought it also helps with speed bonus too. Ok then, but still I'm a big fan of wpf. And 95 speed is slow in comparision to other one handed swords, so my logic tells me that I will need some extra wpf.

I actually was feeling comfortable enough with 110 wpf in onehanders, then I meet with a steelpick or katana spammer who is probably level 35 and have 180+ wpf. Gosh!