Author Topic: WPP importance  (Read 1343 times)

Offline Sultan Eren

• Count
  • Renown: 217
  • Infamy: 113
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercs
  • Game nicks: Sultan Eren
WPP importance
« on: June 27, 2011, 06:36:58 pm »
18/18
Power Strike:6
Weapon Master:6
Polearm:119
One Handed:119

36 cut damage against 30 armor:
    Minimum: 24
    Average: 32
    Maximum: 40

21/18
Power Strike:7
Weapon Master:0 (6 to 3 STR points)
Polearm:83
One handed:83

36 cut damage against 30 armor:
    Minimum: 24
    Average: 32
    Maximum: 40

Now i started to think "Weapon Master" is useless because +3 str gives me extra power and +3 health. Remarkable speed difference?

Solution is buffing weapon master or decrasing 10wpp by level to 6-7.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 06:49:27 pm by Sultan Eren »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Bokuzen

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: WPP importance
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2011, 07:25:36 pm »
However the lower wpf affects your weapons speed resulting in a overall slower attack so essentially what your doing is trading speed for damage

Offline rustyspoon

• Marshall
  • Renown: 794
  • Infamy: 164
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rustyspoon, Sir_Rusty_Of_Spoon, Rusty_the_Spoonarian
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2011, 08:22:01 pm »
However the lower wpf affects your weapons speed resulting in a overall slower attack so essentially what your doing is trading speed for damage

As per Walt's research though, the speed difference is negligible. You wouldn't even notice.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Kenji

• Baron
  • Renown: 140
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player
  • Casual Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2011, 08:39:13 pm »
I remember dueling Miley once, and I was outspammed while using a longsword in 2H mode with only 1 wpf

I remember blocking then trying to chamber my attacks, didn't even get a chance to swing my sword, and could only manual block everything in the end since I couldn't attack back at all.

Well, I was in full plate, too, so maybe that mattered...

Offline rustyspoon

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2011, 09:04:22 pm »
I remember dueling Miley once, and I was outspammed while using a longsword in 2H mode with only 1 wpf

I remember blocking then trying to chamber my attacks, didn't even get a chance to swing my sword, and could only manual block everything in the end since I couldn't attack back at all.

Well, I was in full plate, too, so maybe that mattered...

This doesn't say much. We don't know what weapon Miley was using. Also, we all know that Miley is a really good player and knowing Miley wasn't wearing much armor.  I think that Miley used footwork and positioning (as Miley always does) to beat you with something that you didn't have recent practice in.

I've been conducting a lot of experiments lately. Last night with my 1 hander I was on duel and I was using whatever random weapons I picked up off the ground. I never got outspammed by anybody. I DID notice a loss in damage though.

Also, I've been using a Goretooth disguise with my 1 hander lately and have been beating up people with black armor and a bec. Again, the damage loss is noticeable, but that's about it.

Now, when you realize that if you get NO WM WHATSOEVER you still end up with 113 WPF. Now when you load all those extra points you have in STR and PS you see the problem. As it stands, the current incarnation of this game HEAVILY leans towards str builds.

Also, in the OP's example, there would be no noticeable difference between 83 and 119 WPF.

Offline Earthdforce

• Earl
  • Renown: 391
  • Infamy: 150
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Earth_Geodude_da_Defender, _RageThrower
  • IRC nick: Khalestimo#7613
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2011, 09:12:01 pm »
This doesn't say much. We don't know what weapon Miley was using. Also, we all know that Miley is a really good player and knowing Miley wasn't wearing much armor.  I think that Miley used footwork and positioning (as Miley always does) to beat you with something that you didn't have recent practice in.

I've been conducting a lot of experiments lately. Last night with my 1 hander I was on duel and I was using whatever random weapons I picked up off the ground. I never got outspammed by anybody. I DID notice a loss in damage though.

Also, I've been using a Goretooth disguise with my 1 hander lately and have been beating up people with black armor and a bec. Again, the damage loss is noticeable, but that's about it.

Now, when you realize that if you get NO WM WHATSOEVER you still end up with 113 WPF. Now when you load all those extra points you have in STR and PS you see the problem. As it stands, the current incarnation of this game HEAVILY leans towards str builds.

Also, in the OP's example, there would be no noticeable difference between 83 and 119 WPF.
Buuut you would notice the difference with a crossbow or a bow, right?

Offline Seawied

• Knight
  • Renown: 45
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
  • Climbing in yo window, snatching yo people up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2011, 09:17:43 pm »

Its pretty noticeable in my opinion.
So with PT >10 stones become simple too effective
:lol:

Offline rustyspoon

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2011, 09:36:18 pm »
Its pretty noticeable in my opinion.

You may be Superman, but I think the average person wouldn't notice something that takes .03 seconds longer to complete.

Offline Dezilagel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 722
  • Infamy: 209
  • cRPG Player
  • (X) probably goes well with Nutella
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guards, Guards!
  • Game nicks: Dezi_the_Bagel
  • IRC nick: Dezilagel
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2011, 10:15:50 pm »
You may be Superman, but I think the average person wouldn't notice something that takes .03 seconds longer to complete.

It's about the feeling of the weapon my man, I don't feel fully comfortable wielding my poleaxe until I have 140-150 wpf in poles. I dunno why, but that's just how it works for me^^

Quote from: Rumblood
You fuck, or you get fucked.
Valour Multghulis - All Krems Must Die

Offline rustyspoon

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2011, 10:32:47 pm »
It's about the feeling of the weapon my man, I don't feel fully comfortable wielding my poleaxe until I have 140-150 wpf in poles. I dunno why, but that's just how it works for me^^

That's how I used to think until I changed my builds around and started using less and less WM. That's not really my point though. It's more that love needs to be given to agi builds.

Offline Thucydides

• Baron
  • Renown: 129
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player
  • I shat Uranus
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Thucydides
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2011, 10:41:45 pm »
That's how I used to think until I changed my builds around and started using less and less WM. That's not really my point though. It's more that love needs to be given to agi builds.

more wpf for heavy agi builds? i'm fine with that.

more acceleration for heavy agi builds? sure i'm fine with that.

more speed? no, god no please. NO freaking running away from battles/ranger cunts kiting. There is nothing more annoying than a player that runs away rather than standing and fight.

Offline EponiCo

• Baron
  • Renown: 92
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Aine
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2011, 10:44:49 pm »
Yeah, I think lowering wpf from levels and increasing for WM (say for example each level gives 2 less and each wm 15 more) would be good.
However, even if you don't notice the difference (which is there) 3hp isn't a big deal either.

Offline rustyspoon

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2011, 11:07:46 pm »
more wpf for heavy agi builds? i'm fine with that.

more speed? no, god no please. NO freaking running away from battles/ranger cunts kiting. There is nothing more annoying than a player that runs away rather than standing and fight.

I very much agree with all of this.

Offline Dezilagel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 722
  • Infamy: 209
  • cRPG Player
  • (X) probably goes well with Nutella
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guards, Guards!
  • Game nicks: Dezi_the_Bagel
  • IRC nick: Dezilagel
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2011, 09:24:00 am »

This would be awesome!

Yh, we had a small discussion about this earlier (can't rememer which thread) and the general conclusion seemed to be that more movespeed per ath point would not hurt IF ranged was penatilized somehow.

Quote from: Rumblood
You fuck, or you get fucked.
Valour Multghulis - All Krems Must Die

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Infamy: 51
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2011, 09:32:42 am »
At 100 WPF you use the weapon true to it's stats.

You always want 100 effective wpf in something you are using. I've been experimenting with melee builds without weapon master, and I think they may just be the way to go if you are not a hybrid. Why get a negligible attack difference when I could get IF or riding or shield or something useful? you get 111 WPF with 0 WM at level 30. Which is fine if you aren't in heavy armor.
It isn't like you can be spammed. Weapon speed matters more than WPF so long as you've got the 100 you need for the type.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 09:33:48 am by Marathon »
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.