Author Topic: Strategy against Mallet/Maul?  (Read 2506 times)

Offline Trikipum

• Count
  • Renown: 155
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Strategy against Mallet/Maul?
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2011, 11:54:08 pm »
This sound a bit counter intuitive, but im my experience the best way its just to remove your shield (if you have any) and facehug him while spamming the shit of his head. This is the best tactic coz, even if the guy blocks your swing, there is a nice chance that the guy is too slow counter attacking with his slow maul and your spam will hit him in his  counter swing anyway. If the guy is good, then the same but dancing around feinting like crazy until you can one hit him with  a stab in the neck with your masterwork long spade slavona XD. For the facehuging the pickaxe works great, just spam the left swim until one of you is dead :). Salute.
"if you can't handle waiting a few minutes now and then, this game is not for you"

Offline Trikipum

• Count
  • Renown: 155
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2011, 11:56:55 pm »
The above posts have great suggestions, but to add one point in:

You could use heavy weapons to block their crushthroughs (Not exactly sure what the prerequisites on the weapons are)

I've used Long Hafted Spike Mace to block a several crushthrough attacks from a mallet.

It's stats:
(click to show/hide)

And my shield can block crushthrough from mauls, but not mallets. (Maybe it has something to do with the weight? If someone would give a link and clarify this would be nice for me, too!)
Its not the weight i believe. Its more about the weapon's long. If you are too close the mallet/maul will hit with the stick first, and that hit wont crush. The head of the weapon is what has to impact to get the better results. Lets say, the farter away you are from an enemy, the better is the hit when you actually hit.
"if you can't handle waiting a few minutes now and then, this game is not for you"

Offline yian

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Yian. Telomerase.
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2011, 05:47:04 am »
Thanks for all the replies,
My maul-phobia has been cured. Helps so much when you get a feel for the reach of the weapon and get the first hit in.

Cheers.