Author Topic: Blunt wep or Sword  (Read 2079 times)

Offline Hafling

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Blunt wep or Sword
« on: June 26, 2011, 01:14:50 pm »
Hello
Just got a skill to 15str. Can't decide what is better blunt or sword as high lvl wep. Im 1H+Shield melee unit without horse. Is the length of wep playing a crucial role here?

Offline Rage_Guy

• Earl
  • Renown: 384
  • Infamy: 123
  • cRPG Player
  • L to the ATVIA, bitch.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Latvian Potato Empire
Re: Blunt wep or Sword
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2011, 01:25:25 pm »
I reccomend blunt,because it hits hard trought heavy armor,but the problem is  that blunt weapons are short,and lenght is really important,but if you have high athletics you can facehug your enemy
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline H4rdn3ssKill3r

• Baron
  • Renown: 107
  • Infamy: 46
  • cRPG Player
  • Crummy Wizard
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: naaaaaaaaaah
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2011, 01:33:32 pm »
Long espeda, its the most expensive but it has a reason, its long and its pierce leaves a mark and when you MW it, it is allmighty god incernated in a sword!
f8uasdlöadk blablablababa lbalba
^ Analogy of discussions on forums.

Offline Espu

• The good
  • Count
  • Renown: 261
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Espu
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2011, 02:16:41 pm »
You can do good with either. Swords are longer but maces/picks do more damage against heavier armor. Try both, get the feel and then decide.

Offline Armpit_Sweat

• High Lord of the Spam
  • King
  • Renown: 1417
  • Infamy: 154
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Armpit_Sweat, My_horses_name_is_Rebecca
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2011, 02:37:55 pm »
If you want to stay on 15 STR, and use the rest for AGI - i would take Steel Pick.

With 15 STR, 5 PS, i feel that even my 34 DMG sword - is not hurting hard enough :(
Steel Pick hits 9/10 times on any enemy, while swords will glance often if you are not very accurate in how you swing.

On the other hand - give it a try for yourself :) Extra weapon range is great in 1VS1 situations, combined with high agility, you will have a greater chance against polearm axe users.
  Spam at The Temple of Spam

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2011, 02:59:47 pm »
Axe.

:wink:

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Shinimas

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2011, 07:09:52 pm »
Axe has style. If only it was like 5 points longer... Niuweidao is amazing if you have at least 6 ATH, Elite Spamitar is also nice, probably the most balanced infantry sword out there.

Also, if you're not damn good with spin thursting, actually having a thrust attack on a 1Her is a disadvantage. Maybe I just suck, but sometimes you will mess up and thrust when facehugging, whiff and catch a pound of steel in your teeth. So just take a non-thrust weapon if you're an average player.

Offline Hafling

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2011, 09:03:10 pm »
Thanks for explanations!

speaking about axe perk, does the anti-shield bonus helps a lot? What about knockback? Might not proc often..? :|

I was thinking about Blunt for 9k( for 15str req.), is it worth buying or price-length-knockback ability not worth it?

Offline Trikipum

• Count
  • Renown: 155
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2011, 09:08:34 pm »
Axe has style. If only it was like 5 points longer... Niuweidao is amazing if you have at least 6 ATH, Elite Spamitar is also nice, probably the most balanced infantry sword out there.

Also, if you're not damn good with spin thursting, actually having a thrust attack on a 1Her is a disadvantage. Maybe I just suck, but sometimes you will mess up and thrust when facehugging, whiff and catch a pound of steel in your teeth. So just take a non-thrust weapon if you're an average player.
Yes you are right, you suck if you say the thrust isnt important for 1h XD... i actually do 80% of my kills stabbing them in the chest,neck,face area. Btw, stabbing while facehuggin is posible but requires some practice and learning  how to do so. Its similar to stabbing with a pike while the other guy facehugs you. Salute
"if you can't handle waiting a few minutes now and then, this game is not for you"

Offline Trikipum

• Count
  • Renown: 155
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2011, 09:11:34 pm »
Hello
Just got a skill to 15str. Can't decide what is better blunt or sword as high lvl wep. Im 1H+Shield melee unit without horse. Is the length of wep playing a crucial role here?
Just get both. Get a pickaxe and a long arming sword. The pickaxe will give you that piercing power for guys with good helmets and armos. The sword for when you need some distance and speed. Also for 1vs1. Or just buy a long spada slavona and learn to use it for stabbing and you wont need the pickaxe. I usually will go with a long arming sword+pickaxe or a long spada slavona+warhammer. Or just the slavona if i feel like to save some money. Salute.
"if you can't handle waiting a few minutes now and then, this game is not for you"

Offline Hafling

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2011, 01:00:22 am »
Or just the slavona if i feel like to save some money.

Oh, yeah, money is the problem, that's why I need to pick the very first wep carefully. or still try picking it carefully from corpses on battlefield  :lol:

Offline Siiem

• Heretic
  • Duke
  • Renown: 611
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2011, 02:04:57 am »
Any of the 1h maces with about 5 or 6 PS is amazing. Except the warhammer, looks shait.

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2011, 03:28:12 am »
sword on horseback for length and blunt on foot, you have enough slots to carry both.
I've done 1h+shield every gen (6) and horse for 3 of those.  I would also consider myself one of the top 5 1h cav in NA.

Swords suck with 15str unless you're on horseback with the horse speed bonus.

And using thrust attacks with 1h sword vs infantry is asking to die, it glances x3 as much as other swings
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 03:29:47 am by Digglez »

Offline Bobthehero

• Duke
  • Renown: 515
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Grandmaster Ultimate God Of Swashbucklin'
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bridgeburners
  • Game nicks: Bobthehero_Whals and I am totally not all the Not_Bobthehero alts ever.
  • IRC nick: Buff Swashbuckling
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2011, 06:46:14 am »
I beg to differ, my trust are very fucking feared, and people hates it when I stab.
The Narwhals, dedicated swashbuckler part of FCC

Stabbing is my speciality and one hitting people, my art

Offline Prosed

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
  • Raawr
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Prosed
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2011, 11:37:10 pm »
Yes you are right, you suck if you say the thrust isnt important for 1h XD... i actually do 80% of my kills stabbing them in the chest,neck,face area. Btw, stabbing while facehuggin is posible but requires some practice and learning  how to do so. Its similar to stabbing with a pike while the other guy facehugs you. Salute
That  :)
I just can't wait to be King.