Poll

Good Idea?

Yes, Good Idea.
27 (54%)
No, Not a good Idea.
23 (46%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Author Topic: Xbows Idea  (Read 2802 times)

Offline Heroin

• Baron
  • Renown: 135
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
  • cRPG NA Server Admin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: MB
  • Game nicks: BlackHand_Heroin, Heroin_ATS, Heroin__JaBoNRA, Heroine_Heroin_MB, F8
Xbows Idea
« on: January 12, 2011, 03:39:38 pm »
I think xbows have been overnerfed in this latest patch. Overall, the siege(sniper) crossbow lost 30% of it's total damage from pre-patch, AND was made to cost about 18k. I understand if you're doing this to dissuade "part-time xbowmen", but it really screws dedicated xbowmen over as well.

It would be great if instead of nerfing items globally, the staff could come up with a more imaginative way of limiting use. For instance, how about adding a wpf requirement to xbows to use them, and un-nerf them slightly?

Alternatively, adding a skill requirement like PD for xbows would be acceptable, if it allowed xbows to not suck any more.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 04:30:57 pm by Heroin »
Quote from: Godfrey of Ibelin
I once fought for two days with an arrow through my testicle.

Offline Paprik

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Xbows Idea
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2011, 04:06:21 pm »
wpf requirement probably wouldn't solve much. It would limit people who carry crossbow just for the lulz, but the wpf difference between dedicated xbowmen and xbow hybrid is very small because of the diminishing returns (112v130 maybe).

Seige crossbow is not weak now in general, but considering its price and slow reload speed, it's pathetic. Even the hunting crossbow is not that much weaker (not considering the shot speed and accuracy it's half the damage, twice the reload speed) and the $$ (upkeep) difference is just huge. I agree with Heroin, that it should be fixed. I don't see why most (all?) other classes are able to afford to bring their best weapon every round and xbowmen aren't.

The only solution I could think of to limit it as Heroin suggested would be to make it work more like archery and throwing (have a Power skill for it).

Offline Heroin

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • cRPG NA Server Admin
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: BlackHand_Heroin, Heroin_ATS, Heroin__JaBoNRA, Heroine_Heroin_MB, F8
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2011, 04:29:36 pm »
Yeah, I wouldn't be opposed to that, either. If you don't mind, I'm going to add that as an alternative idea to my OP.

Offline AssPunisher

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2011, 04:36:44 pm »
Alternatively, adding a skill requirement like PD for xbows would be acceptable, if it allowed xbows to not suck any more.

Agreed

Offline downer

• Noble
  • Renown: 15
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
  • Game nicks: downer
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2011, 04:39:24 pm »
I think a lower cost with the same damage would work well.

Offline Heroin

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • cRPG NA Server Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2011, 06:29:50 pm »
Ok, so I see there have been some votes "No" bringing the tally to 50-50. Would any of you care to elaborate, or did you just vote "No" out of xbow hate?

Offline Vexus

• Count
  • Renown: 198
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Deus_Mortis
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2011, 06:32:33 pm »
I always was with the opinion for xbows to have a req it's stupid that every melee has a xbow with no investment (I know few does but many don't).

Offline RationalGaze

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_RationalGaze_II, StrawsPulledAtRandom
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2011, 06:44:42 pm »
Power Draw for xbows is a good idea, should of been done ages ago tho  :?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline bruce

• Count
  • Renown: 262
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the Freak Army of the Gnjus / Saracens
  • Game nicks: Saracen_el_Brus
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2011, 06:45:41 pm »
70 damage... yeah, it sucks. On the other hand, anything which dissuades ranged spammers is good in my book.
Best ban reason ever:
Quote from: Wookimonsta
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline Clockwork

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
  • Taylor Gang or Die
    • View Profile
    • Taylor Gang
  • Faction: Taylor Gang
  • Game nicks: Keith_the_Awful and TGang_BlackAndYellow
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2011, 07:08:42 pm »
Not to boast or anything but I really don't see that many successful crossbow hybrids other than myself and mayber 4-5 other people.

I have 147 wpf in xbow currently and I must say I don't miss many shots but the thing is I have to hit a person 3 times to kill them if they have any armor over 10k.

The reason I am posting here is because of what happened today, a leecher was running across a birdge and I hit him in his shoulder, HE WAS NAKED, and tanked it...I don't care what level he was he should have died.

The reason I used crossbow in the first place was because of its high damage, accuracy didn't really influence my choice pre-patch. 30% less damage is a real pain in the ass.
You know what it is...

Offline ActionMan3K

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
  • Little fish in a sea of serfs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2011, 10:06:43 pm »

No thanks.  If I have to choose between putting points into a skill for crossbows or putting points in for archery I'd go with archery every time.  Unless of course the skill gives a significant shot speed and damage boost.  Of course the whole point of crossbows though is that it doesn't take much training to be decent with them but a dedicated archer is better in most cases.

As far as the current damage goes.  With 135 wpf and a masterwork siege crossbow I can down some stationary people with a chest shot.  Those that survive are often severely wounded.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 10:09:25 pm by ActionMan3K »

Offline Greziz

• Baron
  • Renown: 112
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Kerin__Grahm_BRD, Linden_BRD, secretary of BRD
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2011, 10:13:26 pm »
Just as a note even if powerdraw is done you realize that would make Xbows unstoppable right? Who else was aware that xbows penetrate shields? Any one? No one? Does any one even vaguely remember just getting blasted in the chest by my character kerin grahm through their huscarls? all I can say is they just simply should buff the damage a bit and leave it at that xbow man is the perfect hybrid for archery/melee because you don't need to invest skillpoints so instead of powerdraw you can nab up some power swing. and whether people believe wpf helps xbows or not I know it helps them I reload my seige xbow twice as fast as my alt with 0 wpf and that is a huge difference.

Offline Miley

• Duke
  • Renown: 604
  • Infamy: 327
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2011, 10:16:48 pm »
Well, I thought crossbows were buffed because now they actually can aim and reload faster with WPF.

I see what you're saying, but I think you still need WPF to be accurate with one. I think crossbows need a little more damage, though.

Offline Torak

• Knight
  • Renown: 39
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ninjas
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Torak, Ninja_Ice_style, samuria_Torak
  • IRC nick: Ninja_Torak
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2011, 10:43:01 pm »
I agree that xbows need more punch its a midrange to close range weapon but it was almost the onlything that could penetrate  platearmour at short range.
so its in need of a big bost in damage.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Noble Crassius

• Noble
  • Renown: 12
  • cRPG Player
  • Long live the Han
    • View Profile
    • http://rotk.ws/
  • Faction: Han Empire
  • Game nicks: Han_Ling, SiegeSome, Fallen_Knight
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2011, 10:54:09 pm »
Every one only thinks of the sniper siege xbow when they talk about xbows what about all the other ones? the ones that DON"T penetrate shit, the ones that suck so much more ass now that they nerfed the damage and hiked up the price, 7k for 50 damage is retarded it takes like 5-6 shots for me to kill a mid armor fully healthalized person.
On it.