Author Topic: The NA Alarm List  (Read 50397 times)

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
Re: The NA Alarm List
« Reply #150 on: January 31, 2011, 10:09:18 am »
You are bad even when you are level 30, but the excuses are always enjoyable.

Dextaa is badass, dont be a sour grape Balton.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Balton

• Knight
  • Renown: 56
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
  • Divine Being
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Death God
  • Game nicks: GoD_Balton_the_Buff
« Reply #151 on: January 31, 2011, 10:10:27 am »
Dextaa is badass, dont be a sour grape Balton.

This isn't a popularity contest.
Wherever I tread, only chaos & destruction follow.

Offline Deafening

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Flood, Singing, Amplifier, et al.
« Reply #152 on: January 31, 2011, 10:13:15 am »
Well I just dueled PrideCrusher, talk about being a pain in the ass to duel, was really milking his athletics and range on me, not sure of the score, if PrideCrusher would speak and enlighten me about the score, that would be nice
I wasn't formally keeping track, but it seemed like Carebear edged you out slightly. Tough call.

Hmm. Flood shouldn't be on here, hardly been playing him, plus I think he's only level 28 or something. But SingingInTheRain, maybe. But probably not -- I'm more of a duelist, my performance in battle is wildly inconsistent.

Offline Kalam

• Duke
  • Renown: 697
  • Infamy: 163
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Never do an enemy a small injury.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Linebreakers
  • Game nicks: Cavalieres_Midnighter, Dunsparrow
  • IRC nick: Kalam
« Reply #153 on: January 31, 2011, 11:13:19 am »
To help you update your list.....

If I can regularly kill someone regardless of if I'm playing as inf or cav, then they shouldn't be on the list.  Some people like Rockthrower make it because they are noticeable and they have a terrifying dmg output; however, those people aren't gamechangers.

I also left Linden on there because he is so effective with the barmace at the moment, and he is definitely a gamechanger on sieges.  However, when I can single him out and go 1v1, it hasn't be a problem.

Firstly, I believe everyone on that list ceases to be a recurring problem if they are repeatedly singled out by decent players. Combat has changed enough post-patch that things aren't as clear cut as they used to be in terms of who wins and who loses. No one there is unbeatable one on one- only two on that list are close.

And yes, there a lot of people whom we'd shrug off in one or two simple left clicks on that list. The fact remains that they do make a distinct contribution to their side- RockThrower destroying Strelet's horse, for instance, or WaltF4 turning every simple group battle into a high-risk encounter. Every player changes the dynamic, yes, but I believe that these players change it more than others. That's why they're there. It doesn't mean they're unbeatable in duels or anything like that, or can regularly take on multiple opponents and win, though that does contribute. It's the fact that I (and others who voice it in chat) see them on the other side and go 'oh shit, we need to take this guy and that guy out as quickly as possible or ignore everyone else and save that guy for last so we can gangrape him'.

@Flood: True, but I went by the 'one name fits all alts' thing.

@ManofWar: Dan_ATS is there, just as 'Dan'.

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #154 on: January 31, 2011, 11:35:08 am »
Where is this debate,

If it is criticism I would like to see it and hear your opinion about how I can improve

P.S add Dan_ATS

No longer a debate, and to your P.S., No. Here's why. Dan_ATS was doing a pretty good imitation of dominating the field and looking like he belonged on the list. Then ManOfWar showed up and it was like, Dan_Who? He went to getting mowed down just like the rest of us  :lol:
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline ManOfWar

• Count
  • Renown: 243
  • Infamy: 36
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • No crutches at all!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnants
  • Game nicks: Remnant_ManOfWar (Formerly Takeda)
  • IRC nick: ManOfWar
« Reply #155 on: January 31, 2011, 01:11:55 pm »
I wasn't formally keeping track, but it seemed like Carebear edged you out slightly. Tough call.

Hmm. Flood shouldn't be on here, hardly been playing him, plus I think he's only level 28 or something. But SingingInTheRain, maybe. But probably not -- I'm more of a duelist, my performance in battle is wildly inconsistent.

Ya I think carebear took that day, havent been kicked in a while during duels and rumble, I wouldnt say that, he isnt easy to kill
Just a soldier

Offline HeroZero

• Wannabe lawyer
  • Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 31, 2011, 02:55:51 pm »
Literally_HeroZero
Just because I troll doesn't mean I don't care.

Offline Dexxtaa

• King
  • Renown: 1268
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Remnant_Dexxtaa
« Reply #157 on: January 31, 2011, 03:12:47 pm »
Isn't Dan already on that list?

ManOWar, I kind of wish you jumped on TS and let us know you were having your duels with PrideCrusher. I'm sure everyone would've loved to have watched that.

Also, one of the more underrated players that I'd like to nominate is Glorm. I've seen him on recently a fair bit, and he's quite the support role with the pike. He's always ready with a stab or overhead to augment your attacks on your opponent.

This isn't a popularity contest.

I do recall bushwhacking you all day yesterday  :rolleyes:

But that's okay. I'm sure your level 30 character was probably lagging out so my 25 bloke was probably just getting lucky all day.

Either way, Balton, you're nothing special, as much as you like to think so. Once you figure out where the right mouse button is, come back and play with the big boys. In the meantime, keep chasing those peasants.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 03:40:22 pm by Dexxtaa »

Offline Kaelaen

• Count
  • Renown: 163
  • cRPG Player
  • Peasant
    • View Profile
    • H2O Kaelaen's Youtube Videos
  • Faction: Blandiloquent Rampallion Deutereagonists (BRD)
  • Game nicks: Kaelaen_BRD
  • IRC nick: Kaelaen
« Reply #158 on: January 31, 2011, 03:32:53 pm »
If Hospitallar_Havoc is not on that list I'd like to recommend him.  He's a wrecking ball with that bow.
-idlewind

Offline Balton

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
  • Divine Being
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 31, 2011, 03:39:49 pm »

ManOWar, I kind of wish you jumped on TS and let us know you were having your duels with PrideCrusher. I'm sure everyone would've loved to have watched that.

I do recall bushwhacking you all day yesterday  :rolleyes:

But that's okay. I'm sure your level 30 character was probably lagging out so my 25 bloke was probably just getting lucky all day.

Either way, Balton, you're nothing special, as much as you like to think so. Once you figure out where the right mouse button is, come back and play with the big boys. In the meantime, keep chasing those peasants.

Oh hey, you've come to defend your e-pride.

I knew that this would happen so here is a random screenshot I took yesterday (when you were "owning" me (no excuses for being a low level, and btw I am not lvl 30)). Notice how you have a crappy score, and mine is not-so-crappy. That same game I was clowning on you. It's really quite sad how you die to me 90% of the time even though you have 1/4 of my ping.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 03:47:57 pm by Balton »

Offline Rumblood

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: January 31, 2011, 04:24:06 pm »
If Hospitallar_Havoc is not on that list I'd like to recommend him.  He's a wrecking ball with that bow.

GrannPappy kills him. Auto-disqualified from the list  :lol:
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline Rumblood

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 31, 2011, 04:32:05 pm »
Also, one of the more underrated players that I'd like to nominate is Glorm. I've seen him on recently a fair bit, and he's quite the support role with the pike. He's always ready with a stab or overhead to augment your attacks on your opponent.

This isn't a "Awesome Teammate!" list there, or "Does pretty damn well!" list. Eventually we can just add all of our names on the list to stroke our egos!

That's why I'm saying that a true alarm list for NA is only going to have about 5-7 or 8 names, tops. Most of this list just doesn't belong.

Where is Glorm or Havoc or or Dan_ATS when Goretooth or ManofWar shows up? They are laying in a puddle of their own goo  :o

Hell, even I can top the scoreboards and "dominate" the battle when the average player is logged on. That's where we get these names from that don't belong. Put most of these names into a battle with above average players, and it turns out that they too are simply above average, but they are NOT above elite players. That's what Im talking about when I say an alarm list.

Elite players? Ok, this list can stand. Alarm list? No, only those players who consistently own OTHER ELITE players belong on that list.

Offline Patricia

• Baron
  • Renown: 108
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 31, 2011, 04:36:53 pm »
Oh hey, you've come to defend your e-pride.

I knew that this would happen so here is a random screenshot I took yesterday (when you were "owning" me (no excuses for being a low level, and btw I am not lvl 30)). Notice how you have a crappy score, and mine is not-so-crappy. That same game I was clowning on you. It's really quite sad how you die to me 90% of the time even though you have 1/4 of my ping.

(click to show/hide)

Yes, hello! Is this the brag about your score and epeen thread?

Just contributing!

Offline Kalam

• Duke
  • Renown: 697
  • Infamy: 163
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Never do an enemy a small injury.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Linebreakers
  • Game nicks: Cavalieres_Midnighter, Dunsparrow
  • IRC nick: Kalam
« Reply #163 on: January 31, 2011, 04:48:15 pm »
This isn't the place for your e-peens.

This is the place for your e-peens, and no it's not his e-butt.
http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,1674.0.html

Note: list trimmed.

« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 05:02:46 pm by Kalam »

Offline Balton

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
  • Divine Being
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: January 31, 2011, 04:48:22 pm »
Yes, hello! Is this the brag about your score and epeen thread?

imgspam

Just contributing!

Nope, I have screens were I am 2x-0, but the SS I uploaded was relevant to the argument, considering it occurred yesterday when Dexxta claimed he was "owning" me, and the SS proves the contrary, it also proves that I am not level 30 (otherwise I would have just retired, which I did not).

Also, duel server scores are worthless, considering you get bumped up to full health after you win a duel, it's easy to go undefeated there. And 40-8 is a terrible ratio of 5-1, why would you purposely upload a SS in order to make yourself look bad?