Author Topic: Thoughts and Suggestions on a New game Mechanic?  (Read 4549 times)

Offline Zekerage

• Knight
  • Renown: 55
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: ZyloRage
Re: Thoughts and Suggestions on a New game mode?
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2011, 04:42:19 am »
While some of these posts are interesting, to say the least, their subject matter is veering slightly away from what I intended this thread to be. What I meant was thoughts and suggestions to the game mode I presented in my Original Post. Not new game modes in general. Once again, While I enjoy reading these completely new game modes, Please start new topics for them, and from here on out, keep it in regards to the original post Please, and Thank you.

-Zylo

Offline Walkaveli

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2011, 02:34:11 am »
profit

Offline Zekerage

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2011, 12:15:03 am »
Bump

Common guys. I don't want this thread to die! I'd still really like some input from the Devs to find out how Viable of an option this is.

Offline Prosed

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
  • Raawr
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Prosed
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2011, 11:13:24 pm »
King of the hill sounds like a great addition, though i agree flags should appear from the start of the game.
I just can't wait to be King.

Offline Zekerage

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2011, 02:12:01 am »
Meh, I still want this to get looked at and noticed. Shameless Bump!

Offline MouthnHoof

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: MouthnHoof
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2011, 11:42:21 am »
I like it.

* The time before flag spawn is required for the team to maneuver and organize. Infantry can move closer to the potential spawn locations so cav don't get to the flag a whole minute before the walkers.

* Random flag spawn (in 3 possible positions) is good - makes it more interesting. However, the possible spawn locations should not be far apart. Before the spawn, the forces will cover all possible locations. Once the flags spawn, they will converge on it and the relocation time needs to be short enough that an infantry can get from one locations to the flag spawned one before it is won/lost.

* The difference between the locations should be difference environments rather then just x,y position: example: One on hill top, second on a plane, third inside a ruin.

* The flag movement speed should be slow - much slower than it is now. I much rather that the frame ends with a wipeout than a flag raise. The flags just serve as an incentive for the teams to be active instead of passive. A slow flag gives the team not holding it a few moments to organize a counter strike instead of forcing them to rush immediately to the flag like a swarm. It gives a bit of time for the forces that guarded the other possible spawns time to converge to the actual spawn and organize the charge.

Offline Atreides

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Passing through nature into eternity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Atreides
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2011, 12:12:28 pm »
Jousting.

Offline Zekerage

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2011, 01:44:11 am »
Bump.

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • Renown: 467
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
  • Relax, it is just a life...
    • View Profile
    • Wanna work with me? Ping for more info!
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Fapulena, Useless
  • IRC nick: Cepeshi
« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2011, 03:20:39 am »
would be cool to have some competitive flag rushing, as in two teams spawn, they see flag spawned, they try to capture it, when its done, one team gets a point, both teams respawn and new flags are spawned aswell...

or to make it more interesting, even tho i have no idea how MotF works, if there would be some stages of conquering map using flags :) Like, flags spawn, people try to capture it, when its done they move onto another flag, and lets say to win you would have to cap 2 out of 3 or something, maybe if all of the MotF spawned at same time, so you could battle over three flagspots, that could be interesting aswell :D

Just some idea tossing, sorry if way too offtopic

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2011, 02:22:10 am »
(click to show/hide)
This seems incredibly homosexual...

@OP - Nice idea, would be at least interesting to try this out.

Offline Ecko

• Baron
  • Renown: 90
  • Infamy: 74
  • cRPG Player
  • Respect is earned.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: NA CRPG Admin
  • Game nicks: Ecko_ATS
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2011, 02:28:58 am »

I propose either a change to the current battle mode, or a new game mode, wherein MotF comes up EVERY round at say, the 2 minute mark. Keep the spawn location of the flags at random, so that the "end" battlefield is always a new place in the map. This does a few things

I like battle the way it is. However it sounds like your suggesting the Conquest Game Mode from native, which would be very cool. +1
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Zekerage

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2011, 02:37:18 am »
I agree in liking battle for the way it is, and that's why (I think it's like post 6 or so) I say that this addition isn't Detracting from Battle mode (at least for the first 2 or 3 minutes).
The goal, technically, first and foremost, is to kill the other guys (as with every mode in this game). However, the addition to having a place that a team NEEDS to be, otherwise a loss is ensured, will make less draws, and put a little more purpose to killing the other guys. That's why a static time is suggested (albeit the possibility of having it slightly random, say the 2 minute mark one round, and the 2:30 minute mark another round, etc...) to make it so that Wiping the other team is still a very viable, and easily achievable option. I've seen servers with 30 people per team, where within a minute and a half, it's become just hunting for the one or two stragglers that decided to Not go with their team.

Offline Dehitay

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2011, 01:12:16 am »
And I've come across multiple times were best teams decide it's best to camp. This often happens because they realize the charging team will lose. The end result is quite commonly that a draw happens and both teams get screwed. I've always wondered why the flag isn't set to always pop up at a minute or two before the finale to effectively neutralize this behavior

Offline Zekerage

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2011, 10:54:15 am »
And that's why we all must join together, and LOBBY to get this change IMPLEMENTED! Like I said, I see no possible way this could "Hurt" battle.

Offline VVarlord

• Count
  • Renown: 176
  • Infamy: 86
  • cRPG Player
  • Simmer down and pucker up
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Waylander
  • Game nicks: Waylander_VVar
  • IRC nick: Boldkorn
« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2011, 11:06:56 am »
Could the flag that used to spawn early in this mode not be added and if you fight near it you gain x2 say? or x1.5?

Make the flag spawn at random like it used to so like what was said above the battle field is always different?