Author Topic: M&B F&S has update for Pike - 2 types of thrusting!!!  (Read 5735 times)

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: M&B F&S has update for Pike - 2 types of thrusting!!!
« Reply #45 on: June 22, 2011, 11:29:44 pm »
I am interested.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

It's really sad the morion really looks bad ingame.

Offline rustyspoon

• Marshall
  • Renown: 794
  • Infamy: 164
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rustyspoon, Sir_Rusty_Of_Spoon, Rusty_the_Spoonarian
« Reply #46 on: June 23, 2011, 12:28:28 am »
It's really sad the morion really looks bad ingame.

That's my biggest complaint. A lot of the models look like shit.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 23, 2011, 08:12:39 am »
Was the melee buffed any? Because last time I played it, it was down right shit.

Offline rustyspoon

• Marshall
  • Renown: 794
  • Infamy: 164
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rustyspoon, Sir_Rusty_Of_Spoon, Rusty_the_Spoonarian
« Reply #48 on: June 23, 2011, 02:11:34 pm »
Was the melee buffed any? Because last time I played it, it was down right shit.

It was actually. All the weapon speeds were increased and they increased damage across the board. It doesn't take a day and a half to swing a 2 hander anymore. Rifles are incredibly deadly now too.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 23, 2011, 02:28:05 pm »
It was actually. All the weapon speeds were increased and they increased damage across the board. It doesn't take a day and a half to swing a 2 hander anymore. Rifles are incredibly deadly now too.

Hm good to hear that. Then the few euros I spent on WFAS wasn't a complete waste :)
Altho I do admit getting multikills with grenades was fun.

Offline _JoG_

• Noble
  • Renown: 20
  • Infamy: 9
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Swordsman for hire
  • Game nicks: Givi
« Reply #50 on: June 23, 2011, 05:57:21 pm »
Rifles are incredibly deadly now too.
WAIT WHAT?

Back on the topic, pikes already rape everyone in a group melee. Due to the most awesome polearm spinthrust you can stab with your pike even if your opponent is facehugging you. If you add another pike thrust animation (especially the one aimed directly at your opponent's head! Lol, another instakill animation), they will become a bit OP. The current overhead animation STAGGERS your opponent, the new thrust animation will KILL him. Do you guys see the difference?
And... I predict further increase in the number of archers and other ranged classes, since it would be the only viable countermeasure to long polearms.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 05:58:29 pm by _JoG_ »

Offline Erathsmus

• Knight
  • Renown: 36
  • Infamy: 36
  • cRPG Player
  • My w finger hurts.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Imperium
« Reply #51 on: June 23, 2011, 06:53:05 pm »
lol, when I first bought WFaS, I was going to kill something because it was sooooooooo bad. I remember multiplayer quite well, it was like everyone was swinging like they had been using guns for too long XD Great to see they implemented some stuff that is almost worthwhile. *still not worth the 15$ imo* If that mod was $15, when c-rpg is fully released it will cost $15,000 (because it is 1000x better).
Slow and steady wins the race...Unless there is a fast person in it.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #52 on: June 23, 2011, 07:16:21 pm »
WAIT WHAT?

Back on the topic, pikes already rape everyone in a group melee. Due to the most awesome polearm spinthrust you can stab with your pike even if your opponent is facehugging you. If you add another pike thrust animation (especially the one aimed directly at your opponent's head! Lol, another instakill animation), they will become a bit OP. The current overhead animation STAGGERS your opponent, the new thrust animation will KILL him. Do you guys see the difference?
And... I predict further increase in the number of archers and other ranged classes, since it would be the only viable countermeasure to long polearms.
Actually facehugging works really well against pikes. no matter how much spinthrusting they do they will still not hit you. Remember that we are talking about the 300+ pikes and not the longspear. These pikes have their hitboxes way too far off. This is also the reason that they can hit through allies since they are facehugging them. Still, you only need a tad more space and you can do it if you time it right (but hey, if you get hit by a very slow attack, which is one of 1 or 2 attack directions, then it's not the game being bad.). The overstab is not Op ether. It is a bit slower than the normal lowstab, can't be aimed up or down, and has an even smaller hitbox than the lowstab. And of course rifles are deadly. Why should they not? Altough armor really needs a buff.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia