Author Topic: Crossbowery: basics and tricks  (Read 42096 times)

Offline DaveUKR

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 242
  • cRPG Player
  • Small rain lays great dust
    • View Profile
Re: Crossbowery: basics and tricks
« Reply #105 on: June 23, 2012, 08:42:26 pm »
+1
Hi Dave, you dont play very ofthen now, so you probably haven't see, that mant arbalest users use 0 slot round steel buckler today.
So I can suggest to add some build with this shield.
I was planning this 1 to lvl 34
18/24
6 ps
8ath
7shield
8wm
150 wpf xbow
117 wpf 1h

I dont know can it help somebudy,but maybe it will :wink:

Hi, Agor, nice to see you. There is a build called Scout in my guide, it's a build for crossbowmen who use Steel Buckler and the main weapon is not an Arbalest but Heavy Crossbow. Why?
1) I only observe builds which can be finished on lvl30 and 33. And this is one of the main reasons why you can't compare these builds.
Quote from: DaveUKR
Aim at lvl30 build because you will need lots of heirloom points and you obviously won't be able to play at lvl31 that much. There are some typical builds made by me (which are the most effective as for me), but feel free to experiment. There are also builds for lvl31-33 (I don't think I have to recommend builds to those who can reach lvl33+ because they will decide it themselves). Note that the first build in each class is a finished build, so it's not designed to be viable for those who want to levelup after lvl30.
2) I don't find 150 wpf enough for a Sniper, especially on lvl34
3) Crossbowmen don't really need a lot of strength. If Arbalest had 12 str requirements, I would pick 12 str build for my character. You might say something about HP and the power of attack. Look, let's compare our suggested builds.
4) Your character has 53 HP on lvl34, my Scout build has 51 HP on lvl33, not that big difference.
5) Your character has 150 xbow wpf and 117 wpf in 1h, so it's not a Sniper nor a 1hander.
6) My build is way faster than yours (+3 agility, +1 athletics, both give movement speed), so with successful attacks speed bonus will particularly annihilates the difference between damages.
7) My build is made for diversions, so it should be faster than almost anything. Heavy Crossbow is better for lower wpf users than an Arbalest. You hide, you shoot, if you don't miss but don't kill you come out, you chase (or reload) and you kill.
8) My build is designed for Anti-sniper activity as well. You can't overwhelm a Sniper with slower reloading and movement speeds.
9) This build was also designed for kinngrimm-like style, steel pick requires only 12 strength, you can use blunt 1handers aswell (winged/iron maces) or swords.
10) My build has more Weapon Mastery and more Shield Skill as well.

To sum up, I would say that my Scout with Buckler build is probably designed for other purposes and it's not better or worse, it's just different. If you can be excellent with some build, why shouldn't you use it? I only show the path, you can have your own different one and if you feel that it's better you should move there. And I know that you will succeed.

Offline DaveUKR

• Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 05, 2012, 11:54:32 am »
slightly updated, fixed some minor mistakes. Will probably make a new thread for Strategus guide because I almost ran out of space for text in both of my posts.

Offline Tore

• Item Manager
  • Renown: 882
  • Infamy: 329
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 08, 2012, 01:36:34 am »
needs more consturction sites

Offline karasu

• King
  • Renown: 1751
  • Infamy: 316
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • D̶͎̳͒́͗͋ẹ͕̲̠̳̄̃͂ͤ͑ͮṃ̮͎̗̦̏̿͊ͤi̥̪̼͕ͦ̀̊̐ȗ̘rͩ͋̅̊gͭ̿̋
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 07, 2012, 03:38:27 am »
+2
Hmmm I think you should add as weapon choices for snipers the low tier maces, like Iberian mace, Flanged mace, Winged mace, etc. They are friggin deadly and viable to  a build high athletics and 5ps or less, plus the godly knockdown.

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 106
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: DarkKarma
« Reply #109 on: October 07, 2012, 01:02:12 pm »

Hmmm I think you should add as weapon choices for snipers the low tier maces, like Iberian mace, Flanged mace, Winged mace, etc. They are friggin deadly and viable to  a build high athletics and 5ps or less, plus the godly knockdown.

I concur.

The Iberian Mace is honestly a fantastic choice as far as one handers for sniper builds go.

I haven't really touched the Flanged or Winged, but id imagine they are solid picks as well.

« Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 10:40:01 am by Darkkarma »
This community hurts my brains, a lot.

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #110 on: January 14, 2013, 09:03:30 pm »
I know that past ~120 wpf you only increase reload speed. Is there an upper cap for this? If I did a crazy build and had 190 wpf, would I reload faster than at 170 wpf?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline Phantasmal

• Duke
  • Renown: 510
  • Infamy: 46
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Phantasmal_Astralis, The_Ebon_Hawk
  • IRC nick: Phantasmal
« Reply #111 on: April 29, 2013, 01:24:04 am »
Hey Dave,

I was going through some calculations for accuracy and, according to the "damage effect on accuracy" (base accuracy-damage/4 I believe)  formula the hunting crossbow should be the most accurate overall (although it is certainly not). I was wondering what factor causes this to break down? Thanks!
Worst admin ever, horrible person, rude in chat, griefs in game, threatens with kicks and bans if you don't praise him in his admin thread, doesn't worship the goat, and worst of all, uses a crossbow, I suggest instant removal of admin rights and crucifixion.

Offline DaveUKR

• Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 29, 2013, 06:18:41 am »
+1
Hey Dave,

I was going through some calculations for accuracy and, according to the "damage effect on accuracy" (base accuracy-damage/4 I believe)  formula the hunting crossbow should be the most accurate overall (although it is certainly not). I was wondering what factor causes this to break down? Thanks!

You were probably checking it using a character with crossbow wpf. Hunting Crossbow is the most accurate if you have 1 wpf. Higher accuracy stat - bigger bonus to actual accuracy (crosshair size reduction) you gain per wpf.

Offline sdfjkln

• Knight
  • Renown: 77
  • Infamy: 22
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 17, 2013, 09:33:34 pm »
+1
Any chance this guide will be updated to reflect the most recent patch? Alot of the builds listed are no longer viable slot-wise. Just asking cause this thread was an awesome resource for builds+mechanics when I was first getting acquainted with xbows.

Offline DaveUKR

• Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 12, 2013, 04:24:19 pm »
+1
Any chance this guide will be updated to reflect the most recent patch? Alot of the builds listed are no longer viable slot-wise. Just asking cause this thread was an awesome resource for builds+mechanics when I was first getting acquainted with xbows.

The first part of the guide is updated. All the builds are updated and detailed, changed some other information, changed/added/removed pictures and a lot of text (like 30% of the text got changed). Will be updated completely a little bit later.

Offline Taboranth

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 24, 2013, 10:57:58 pm »
Okay guys, I am new to this, for the stationary sniper how am I post to get 30 agility and 15 strength when there are only 30 lvls to go

Offline DaveUKR

• Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 24, 2013, 11:14:50 pm »
+1
Okay guys, I am new to this, for the stationary sniper how am I post to get 30 agility and 15 strength when there are only 30 lvls to go

You need to convert skills to attributes. It takes 2 skill points to get 1 attribute point and vice versa. Once you have 2 skill points - you have a button "Convert skill".

Offline Taboranth

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 24, 2013, 11:54:30 pm »
+2
You need to convert skills to attributes. It takes 2 skill points to get 1 attribute point and vice versa. Once you have 2 skill points - you have a button "Convert skill".

Thanks alot man, I appreciate it

Offline Fjup

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 07, 2014, 11:39:42 am »
Hi guys, I want to play xbower again after 6 or more months off and I'm curious if anything important has been changed for xbowers? I've been searching the forums but i haven't found anything crucial. So I just want to be sure, before i'll make my build like it was before :)

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 07, 2014, 12:16:42 pm »
2h/polearm boys turned their inquisition towards xbowers this time, that's what is changed nowadays.
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D