Would you like to see it added?

Yes.
7 (77.8%)
No.
2 (22.2%)
I hate chadz.
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Author Topic: New gamemode: Training City  (Read 377 times)

Offline SkyrayFox

• Noble
  • Renown: 19
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
  • Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: SkyrayFox
New gamemode: Training City
« on: June 21, 2011, 11:35:00 am »
I have been thinking about our poor peasants when they join cRPG for the first time. Although we have a lot of resources, wikis, guides, irc and forums one thing still remains. We can advise them on what build to choose or what equipment would work the best but it is still very hard for the new (or experienced) player to try out different character builds without going through the horrible grind to level 30. It takes on average of 36 hours with x2 multiplier to reach it just to try a how a different build would behave. I know we have the character planner, we know the stats, but there is no way to actually test whether we will like the build until we have invested hours and hours of our time. Skip the fun is not a viable option as well, especially for experienced players that don't want to lose their character. What about giving players a chance to actually try out different builds in game ?

Thus I propose a new gamemode: Training City.

Basically it behaves just like a duel mode, players join the game but can't hurt each other normally. They can still invite other players to duel if they want to. But there is a lot more to it:

Temporary character builds: While in Training City mode players can reassign their attributes via in game screen at any time to whatever they want. This has no effect on their current character on the website. They can try out different builds in game and see the results immediately allowing them to skip the horrible grind to level 30 in order to find out if it really is better to reassign 1 point to Shield or Athletics. After they quit the server their temporary characters are deleted.

All weapons and armors: Basically a place on the map like an armory or marketplace of sorts where players can buy new equipment for no cost and try it out immediately. They can see how different weapons feel or how good that armor they would like to buy looks like.

AI trainers: Bots, just like in native, you can challenge them to a duel. In case no one else wants to duel players can try out their new gear on a bot. Possibly a few bots with different difficulty settings.

A place to meet: Right now it's really hard to discuss our character builds or equipment in game, constant action, team switching and time factor prevents players to talk about their characters in battle or siege modes. In this mode clans could agree on and test different builds or equipment for an upcoming strategus battle, players could easily organize a special event (jousting tournament, peasant battles, duel tournament etc.) or just simply duel each other and see who's character performs better.

Damage indicators: Players can enable damage indicators just like in native. This way they can test how good their new armor would be, what kind of damage they can expect from different weapons or if it's really worth it to invest in Power Strike for their current character.

Marketplace integration: Possible marketplace integration where you can exchange goods directly between each other without the need for the website. A new in-game screen that allows you to choose the equipment from your inventory and trade it directly between players in game.

Just some ideas, let me know what you think.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: New gamemode: Training City
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2011, 11:38:29 am »
We can advise them on what build to choose or what equipment would work the best but it is still very hard for the new (or experienced) player to try out different character builds without going through the horrible grind to level 30.

Skip the fun?

Offline Earthdforce

• Earl
  • Renown: 391
  • Infamy: 150
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Earth_Geodude_da_Defender, _RageThrower
  • IRC nick: Khalestimo#7613
Re: New gamemode: Training City
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2011, 11:53:10 am »
I'm not sure this would even be possible, and the lag from all the content on the map would be massive I believe.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login