Author Topic: NA 100 Man Admin Needed asap  (Read 5258 times)

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
Re: NA 100 Man Admin Needed asap
« Reply #45 on: June 21, 2011, 06:04:08 pm »
Just put him on a permanent black list for that server plus all other servers run by the same affiliation. Problem solved, no need to make this into a massive problem.

LLJK is not magically run by one grand overlord and every goon his minion. They are probably equivalent to the Mercs in that they have a few members that do whatever the hell they want.

No need to ban all of LLJK. When the 22nd did the historical stint they were not all mass banned due to one bad apple. Just permanently ban a group of LLJK that can not control themselves and be done with it.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

clearly you dont know the Goon organization or any of their previous 'accomplishments' in other games.  Anything short of a complete and total ban of them will not stop the problem.  maybe you should do some research on them and come back here when you have a clue, because its lenient people like you that let them continue lawlz at other players expense.

Knowing is half the battle.
Extreme Violence is the other half.

Offline Damug

• Noble
  • Renown: 21
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 21, 2011, 06:05:40 pm »
Just put him on a permanent black list for that server plus all other servers run by the same affiliation. Problem solved, no need to make this into a massive problem.

LLJK is not magically run by one grand overlord and every goon his minion. They are probably equivalent to the Mercs in that they have a few members that do whatever the hell they want.

No need to ban all of LLJK. When the 22nd did the historical stint they were not all mass banned due to one bad apple. Just permanently ban a group of LLJK that can not control themselves and be done with it.
A reasonable solution to a problem? Not in my cRPG. That's not how it works in the NA community my reasonable brother.

Offline LLJK_Fellblade

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
  • Voted best LARPer Calgary 2010
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lots and Lots of Jolly Knights
  • Game nicks: LLJK_Fellblade
« Reply #47 on: June 21, 2011, 06:11:14 pm »

clearly you dont know the Goon organization or any of their previous 'accomplishments' in other games.  Anything short of a complete and total ban of them will not stop the problem.  maybe you should do some research on them and come back here when you have a clue, because its lenient people like you that let them continue lawlz at other players expense.

There have been more goons banned from something awful than have probably every played CRPG.  We are not one group of people, there are 150,000 registered goons.

Offline LLJK_Goatee

• Baron
  • Renown: 87
  • Infamy: 23
  • cRPG Player
  • "swing Merrill! swing away"
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ADTRW Shogunate
  • IRC nick: Socratic
« Reply #48 on: June 21, 2011, 06:16:14 pm »
There have been more goons banned from something awful than have probably every played CRPG.  We are not one group of people, there are 150,000 registered goons.

To be fare Ironic War Crimminal, BitchKilla and Matt damon probably have 400 accounts banned between the 3 of them.

Offline dynamike

• King
  • Renown: 1212
  • Infamy: 187
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Let's be friends again?
    • View Profile
    • The Remnants Clan Website
  • Faction: Stratia
  • Game nicks: Remnant_dynamike
« Reply #49 on: June 21, 2011, 06:18:04 pm »

Black list, eh? You want a crybaby biased admin with bad social skills running ALL of the NA servers?

Look, right now you are all pretty much at rock bottom - all banned from ATS servers. This guy is trying to hand you a rope by suggesting something less... radical... and you criticize him and insult the admins further? Not a smart move in my book.

Lashing out at a guy that is trying to come up with solutions that do not involve getting a not so insignificant percentage of the NA player base banned and trying to be fair to some of the decent people in LLJK (yes, there actually are!), does not add anything to the situation. Your opinion is noted and your point made, but the message is sent in the wrong way.
For while the fire in the heart of a single Remnant still burns... can Stratia truly have fallen?

Offline Ylca

• Count
  • Renown: 183
  • Infamy: 68
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
  • Game nicks: YlcaTheTerrible, YlcaTheJuggler
« Reply #50 on: June 21, 2011, 06:19:16 pm »

What some goons do in CRPG is what some goons do in CRPG, Somethingawful is huge and filled with places for people to discuss politcs, post cat pics, or post random white noise garbage to their hearts content. There is no requirement that a goon be or act a certain way, that's all just blabber from people who lack solid identity and want to fit in with an internet tribe.

What's a 4channer? Someone who goes to 4chan. Why is this a defining characteristic? Its not if its not allowed to be. A redditor is someone who frequents reddit. If you think that "redditors are like x" then you've been sadly misled into the Church of Internet Tribalism. Goons have some of the most powerful and helpful guilds in many games, and goons also have some of the most troll filled as well, it honestly just depends on who makes the first post and/or whether there is a splinter group or not. In fact the fact that there are splinter goon guilds in almost every game is indicative of the lack of hivemind.

In short you know very little about "goons" and even if you did, goon is an internet descriptor, not an actual personality trait, set of ideas, or mantra.

Offline ManOfWar

• Count
  • Renown: 243
  • Infamy: 36
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • No crutches at all!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnants
  • Game nicks: Remnant_ManOfWar (Formerly Takeda)
  • IRC nick: ManOfWar
« Reply #51 on: June 21, 2011, 06:35:21 pm »
Well, at least let em use the Strategus duel server for when strat starts up,

That way they can still participate in strat

if they want to play battle and grind, they can stay on their own server
Just a soldier

Offline goresaw

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 21, 2011, 06:47:28 pm »
Look, right now you are all pretty much at rock bottom - all banned from ATS servers. This guy is trying to hand you a rope by suggesting something less... radical... and you criticize him and insult the admins further? Not a smart move in my book.

Just because he runs a mod of a mod's server that doesn't make him above criticism bro. He's a baby with some semblance of power and from what I gather, he just kinda forced him self into it.

It's funny that this is causing such a stir...just ban the people who are directly responsible and clean up your fucking mess and move the fuck on.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 06:50:23 pm by goresaw »

Offline Diomedes

• Count
  • Renown: 200
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
  • Cat
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Sootnik_Diomedes
« Reply #53 on: June 21, 2011, 06:55:08 pm »

Because some idiot's server security and you crying about a game isn't exactly a horrible thing.

If you care enough to go ballistic about your server being messed with then start off with caring about your own server's security (your investment) first.

I spoke specifically about Zealot and his repeated and escalating attempts to grief the community.  I asked for reasons why he shouldn't be severely banned from the servers, not for impotent attacks against Tears of Destiny and me.  Though you're clearly either trolling or too stupid to engage with I'll post some clarifications for the thread as a whole:

1) Not every trolls are LLJK, and not all LLJK troll all the time.  I support their claim to exist but not the manner in which they often do.  Calling for a blanket ban on LLJK is not nearly so productive as targeted and severe bans. 

2) People are unhappy about what Zealot's been doing but not all comments about him should be taken as emotionally charged diatribes on how society is falling apart.  His punishment is an important issue that needs a timely response from both LLJK admin and other server admins.

3) For the most part this isn't our decision.  Though I'm sure Ecko and Devilize are skimming this thread it's not as if this discussion is a jury deciding the fate of LLJK or Zealot.  That decision is in the hands of server admins.  All we can do, and should do, is discuss the merits of different punishments for Zealot, or LLJK, in the hope that our opinions are consulted by the admins.

UPDATE:  Ecko has perma-banned Zealot and dealt with the folks who leaked the password.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 06:57:24 pm by Diomedes »

Offline goresaw

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 21, 2011, 06:58:38 pm »

3) For the most part this isn't our decision.  Though I'm sure Ecko and Devilize are skimming this thread it's not as if this discussion is a jury deciding the fate of LLJK or Zealot.  That decision is in the hands of server admins. All we can do, and should do, is discuss the merits of different punishments for Zealot, or LLJK, in the hope that our opinions are consulted by the admins.

lol you're the worst.

You shouldn't do anything, it's a game bro. chill out.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #55 on: June 21, 2011, 06:59:55 pm »

Black list, eh? You want a crybaby biased admin with bad social skills running ALL of the NA servers?

He does not run all of the NA servers, he runs a few of them, and I find nothing unreasonable about the owner having all of his servers blacklisting one individual from JUST his servers who hacked and abused admin.

yes, he should step up security, but he should also ban the guy who broke it to begin with.

I never said I wanted Ecko to run every NA server. Please read with care.

EDIT:
It's funny that this is causing such a stir...just ban the people who are directly responsible and clean up your fucking mess and move the fuck on.

Funny, this is what I said...
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 07:01:42 pm by Tears_of_Destiny »
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Ecko

• Baron
  • Renown: 90
  • Infamy: 74
  • cRPG Player
  • Respect is earned.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: NA CRPG Admin
  • Game nicks: Ecko_ATS
« Reply #56 on: June 21, 2011, 07:04:35 pm »
To everyone who Cried:

I find your lack of faith disturbing.

Offline goresaw

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 21, 2011, 07:07:57 pm »
I love Zealot

Offline Miley

• Duke
  • Renown: 604
  • Infamy: 327
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 21, 2011, 07:14:43 pm »
He also causes a lot of problems with the admins on LLJK server. I don't think it's an LLJK thing, it's just Zealot.

Offline Ashrik

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LOTS AND LOTS OF JOLLY KNIGHTS LOTS AND LOTS OF JO
  • Game nicks: LLJK_Ashraa
« Reply #59 on: June 21, 2011, 07:38:15 pm »
It's definitelyy an LLJK thing. Those guys are bad for the game, bad for the community, and just bad players in general.
I am Uhtred_III_of_Bebbanbawler.

I answer to no man.