Author Topic: Why do people play Battle so much?  (Read 8292 times)

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
Re: Why do people play Battle so much?
« Reply #90 on: June 24, 2011, 11:52:40 am »
In battle you'll battle against the best. Nothing compares, bar for maybe duel, which ain't my cup of tea.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Erathsmus

• Knight
  • Renown: 36
  • Infamy: 36
  • cRPG Player
  • My w finger hurts.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Imperium
« Reply #91 on: June 24, 2011, 09:13:27 pm »
Idk, Gore, Namo, Carebear, Swiftshot...They are like boss fights in siege mode, gets intense when you see them drop 10 people in 5 seconds, and you take one out. Especially if they have like 60 kills or more.
Slow and steady wins the race...Unless there is a fast person in it.

Offline bonekuukkeli

• Knight
  • Renown: 45
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Xawi_von_Perkele
« Reply #92 on: June 24, 2011, 10:05:13 pm »
Idk, Gore, Namo, Carebear, Swiftshot...They are like boss fights in siege mode, gets intense when you see them drop 10 people in 5 seconds, and you take one out. Especially if they have like 60 kills or more.

And then in few seconds, they are respawned and killing things again.

That's why I don't like siege. I like that people stay killed. And when objective is to "run to flag, flag flag!", people just ignore everything on their way and run around trying to get to flag. Quick respawn just takes some feeling away from combat in my opinion.

I would like siege more, but currently it's just stupid zergfest.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 10:09:15 pm by bonekuukkeli »

Offline PieParadox

• Count
  • Renown: 219
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: PieParadox
« Reply #93 on: June 25, 2011, 03:56:10 am »
Battle requires less teamwork than siege.

If you kill someone in battle, he stays dead. You just helped your team, no matter where, how and why.
In siege, killing someone has no value in itself, unless it happens at the right time in the right place.

This is also the reason why most pubbers, including me, don't play siege often - the amount of teamwork needed for the game to be REALLY funny and challenging is more or less impossible to achieve. That's why battle is better suited for pubbers.

Its true that siege takes more teamwork, but the mass coordination required is just not helped by how the mode is set up most of the time... The more teamwork necessary doesnt exactly mean that its better in terms of fun teamplay imo...

I would say battle requires less coordination since its much simpler, but it actually has more tactics-based teamwork in my opinion. In siege, there is less variety; there is a focus on some builds more than others (cav not as used, etc.) The tactics used in siege are pretty cut and dry- group up, either go through front door, ladder up, or backdoor. Seems very linear. Battle can be a camp fest, but it can be considered "tactics."

But overall, battle is the server for direct personal recognition in changing the tide of a round rather than not being able to completely see how much you indirectly help out in siege.

Offline Walkaveli

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 26, 2011, 02:23:51 am »
No respawns

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #95 on: June 26, 2011, 03:24:13 am »
Teamwork in siege is impossible because half the team gets switched every round..
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline Tristan

• Count
  • Renown: 200
  • Infamy: 52
  • cRPG Player
  • Listen to wisdom!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Guards)
  • Game nicks: Guard_Tristan
  • IRC nick: Guard_Tristan
« Reply #96 on: June 26, 2011, 03:52:06 am »
I play battles most.

The reason is simple. For me everything has greater excitement the greater the risk. When there is no respawn you are that much more consentrated on doing good.
Playing with constant respawns is like playing poker with no money or driving with automatic gear...
He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief. He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened his mouth.