Poll

Should players be able to hide their alternate characters?

Yes
64 (53.3%)
No
30 (25%)
Don't Care
26 (21.7%)

Total Members Voted: 120

Author Topic: CRPG Community Website  (Read 13538 times)

Offline SHinOCk

• Earl
  • Renown: 369
  • Infamy: 58
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Is that all you've got!?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: 1%
  • Game nicks: Occitan_SHinOCk, Occitan_Baz, Derp_In_A_Can, Disease_Infested_Cum_Bucket, The_Long_Dick_Of_The_Law
  • IRC nick: SHinOCk
Re: CRPG Community Website
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2011, 05:02:42 am »
Thx for the website, i enjoy looking at the stats, don't listen to that dickhead LLjK, the site is just fine
While you burn at the stake, i dance with the flames

Offline Ecko

• Baron
  • Renown: 90
  • Infamy: 74
  • cRPG Player
  • Respect is earned.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: NA CRPG Admin
  • Game nicks: Ecko_ATS
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2011, 05:28:16 am »
Thx for the website, i enjoy looking at the stats, don't listen to that dickhead LLjK, the site is just fine

I didn't know they didn't like it....Thanks though!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Classical

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 133
  • Infamy: 62
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2011, 05:35:57 am »
"They" didn't like it.. ? This is just me here, I see your in no mood to correct or try to improve any of your shitty sites flaws that I pointed out free of charge for you. You sure are capable [/sarcasm], look devs. he's not taking initiative.

Offline Ecko

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • Respect is earned.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2011, 05:38:57 am »
"They" didn't like it.. ? This is just me here, I see your in no mood to correct or try to improve any of your shitty sites flaws that I pointed out free of charge for you. You sure are capable [/sarcasm], look devs. he's not taking initiative.

tolololololololololololo....be gone with your witchcraft!

Just read what you wrote zealot. If you want to make one better for the price i'm paying. Which is nothing, i'd love to use it. If not thanks for contributing nothing to the game. Have a good one ya jerk  :cry:

+1 for the effort though
« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 05:46:36 am by Ecko »

Offline Classical

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2011, 06:00:42 am »
tolololololololololololo....be gone with your witchcraft!

Just read what you wrote zealot. If you want to make one better for the price i'm paying. Which is nothing, i'd love to use it. If not thanks for contributing nothing to the game. Have a good one ya jerk  :cry:

+1 for the effort though

What? I'm sorry if I come off as a jerk, this is my personality, my bad.

What I'm doing here is providing criticisms (No matter how much of an ass I come off as), how can you ever be in charge of anything major to mod development if you can't handle any form of criticisms and pass everyone critiquing what you do as a troll. How self-absorbed are you? You once told me you think of yourself as the "Unofficial NA Community Manager of cRPG", I thought so too, but god damn your one bad guy at managing a community if you can't take a couple of shots at your shitty website, which is pretty clear you rushed it out.

Offline Ecko

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • Respect is earned.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2011, 06:12:04 am »

What? I'm sorry if I come off as a jerk, this is my personality, my bad.

What I'm doing here is providing criticisms (No matter how much of an ass I come off as), how can you ever be in charge of anything major to mod development if you can't handle any form of criticisms and pass everyone critiquing what you do as a troll. How self-absorbed are you? You once told me you think of yourself as the "Unofficial NA Community Manager of cRPG", I thought so too, but god damn your one bad guy at managing a community if you can't take a couple of shots at your shitty website, which is pretty clear you rushed it out.

Sure did call myself the unoffical na community manager, except of the na crpg site not the game.

There is criticism and then there's being an ass. Guess i'm not too good at reading between the two, or maybe I am. In either case I clearly stated on the post, if you didn't read, that it isn't completed. Nothing has been released not working, we've continued to add onto the site, but instead of making people wait a 1000 years for something we figured we'd do a slow release.

Still, if you are not satisfied, i encourage you to not use the site as much as you want.

Offline Classical

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2011, 06:22:43 am »
You're so hostile man, you need to relax a little bit and take it with a grain of salt.

Yes, you did call yourself the Unofficial NA Comm. Manager of the entire game, and encouraged LLJK members to make a post advocating this for you (We laughed our asses off as you left), but that's another story and doesn't belong in this thread. Either way, I'm sorry.

What I meant to say is: Your initial design of the cRPG Fanclub site, sucks, I hope it gets better. Somethings you can improve on are.. The entire course of the web design, the images, the general fonts, stop using Dreamweaver to design your fucking sites you child.

But like you said, your little "I love cRPG" site isn't that important in the grand scheme of this game that I, and everyone else who thinks you did a crap job, don't have to visit it.

Also, I heard that comment about you wanted to punch me in my baby maker, most uncalled for sir. Do you actually want me to contribute? Give me the lines of code that are tracking the stats from the server (Pastebin it), and I'll draw you up some new designs so my eyes don't bleed when I stare at your god forsaken train wreck of a site.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 06:32:12 am by Classical »

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2011, 06:37:39 am »
I give you huge props for even trying to be rational and civil with lljk Ecko, but seriously you gotta learn when it's a lost cause.  Ignore the clan of bundle of stickss and keep doing what you do to help out the community and mod.
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Rannepear

• Noble
  • Renown: 16
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
  • 我叫阿杰
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rannepear
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2011, 06:56:45 am »
You're so hostile man, you need to relax a little bit and take it with a grain of salt.

Yes, you did call yourself the Unofficial NA Comm. Manager of the entire game, and encouraged LLJK members to make a post advocating this for you (We laughed our asses off as you left), but that's another story and doesn't belong in this thread. Either way, I'm sorry.

What I meant to say is: Your initial design of the cRPG Fanclub site, sucks, I hope it gets better. Somethings you can improve on are.. The entire course of the web design, the images, the general fonts, stop using Dreamweaver to design your fucking sites you child.

But like you said, your little "I love cRPG" site isn't that important in the grand scheme of this game that I, and everyone else who thinks you did a crap job, don't have to visit it.

Also, I heard that comment about you wanted to punch me in my baby maker, most uncalled for sir. Do you actually want me to contribute? Give me the lines of code that are tracking the stats from the server (Pastebin it), and I'll draw you up some new designs so my eyes don't bleed when I stare at your god forsaken train wreck of a site.

What are magnets for?

Offline Dasty

• Knight
  • Renown: 34
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Among the Shadows
  • Game nicks: Dasty, Dasty_ATS
« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2011, 07:04:02 am »

I'm too poor for dreamweaver... the whole site was created using html and php with a little javascript thrown in. I do all of the work via source and am not a web designer or developer. My primary language is java and I stepped up to do this for fun. I am glad to see your criticism but I would rather you spend more time looking at the website before criticizing it and maybe be a bit more constructive with your criticism if you really think it will help.

Offline Dexxtaa

• King
  • Renown: 1268
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Remnant_Dexxtaa
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2011, 07:24:11 am »
Why do we bother replying to the rubbish they spew?

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2011, 07:34:20 am »
Why do we bother replying to the rubbish they spew?

Well Ecko is a nice guy by nature, so he's going to respond and try to have a conversation.  It's not a bad trait, just misplaced when dealing with Goon newmy old friends.  The quality of their members has been utter shit since the Eve players.

Offline Classical

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2011, 07:40:46 am »
I'm too poor for dreamweaver... the whole site was created using html and php with a little javascript thrown in. I do all of the work via source and am not a web designer or developer. My primary language is java and I stepped up to do this for fun. I am glad to see your criticism but I would rather you spend more time looking at the website before criticizing it and maybe be a bit more constructive with your criticism if you really think it will help.

I looked at it, sadly.

For writing up the documents by hand it's not too bad, although you might consider getting a graphic designer, and using Drupal, as this would allow for a lot more customization and ease of access throughout the site, hence the term content management system. It's nice that you wrote the code yourself, but try and look at alternative CMS options, or alternative types of language management systems in which you're not going to be writing a thousand lines of HTML.

Rumor has it Ecko wants to responsibility of leading the entire NA community, including Strategus, that's what this site is all about isn't it? So if he is going to be leading an entire player base (Creating an NA only Strategus map), then he sure as shit needs to be able to put up with assholes who don't formulate their criticisms in gumdrops and lollipops.

I understand there will probably be imminent flaming because the only people posting in this thread are supporters rather than critiques, but hey, criticisms should always be welcome.

« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 07:41:50 am by Classical »

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2011, 07:49:11 am »
assholes who don't formulate their criticisms in gumdrops and lollipops.

No.  There's a difference between putting your opinion forth bluntly, and blatantly saying something with the overall goal of being a cunt and (hopefully) hurting/insulting/pissing off the person(s) you're talking to.  Everything you spewed forth had one purpose:  to be a fuckwad.  Not legitimately criticise.

*Also leading a community doesn't mean you need to put up with assholes, you can exile them.  It's why societies have had jails, deportations, exile punishments, institutions and executions throughout it's existance:  To get rid of assholes.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 07:57:21 am by Gorath »

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2011, 08:38:58 am »

Coming from the guy who posted hostility the instant he entered the thread?

Where is your grain of salt? Yeesh...

EDIT: No one is asking you to sugarcoat, but you should not be surprised if people get hostile when you post your critique with a handful of insults and such. Just because this is the internet does not mean you should throw out all social mannerisms out the window. Chill, and relax.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 08:40:36 am by Tears_of_Destiny »
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.