Poll

Did you have more fun

Post-Patch (current version since 0.200)
Pre-Patch (old version, before the "big patch")
Hate you!

Author Topic: Fix List v210  (Read 20450 times)

Offline Havoco

• Duke
  • Renown: 538
  • Infamy: 102
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Hospookfans
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Havoc
  • IRC nick: Havoco
Re: Fix List v210
« Reply #180 on: January 14, 2011, 02:59:28 am »
Oh yeah, one more suggestion.some kind of way to get rid of extra gold if your balanced with upkeep and have no items to buy. Something like payment for retiring, buying heirlooms/upgrades, buy training(maybe something like 50k gold for 10k xp), or buying skill points, attribute points, and wpf. Or being able to trade gold among crpg characters.
I have 200k gold sitting on my archer right now, I must find a use for that or I will start drooling!
« Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 03:07:14 am by Havoco »
Pock gobblers

Offline FunnyDream

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: January 14, 2011, 03:08:03 am »
I don't like the new patch. I think it's killing some game builds & mechanics.

- Not allowing ppl to get decent armor makes ppl dropping heavy to go light builds. For me, Light & Heavy are balanced. You're just destroying a part of the game. (My armor is average in game, always has been, and will always be) Heavy platers was ridiculous, I agree, but the rest was okey.
The philosophy "Getting light gear to get more money to get more gear" is just silly in my opinion. Most of ppl will just get light gear or stop the game, but maybe it's the point of this patch. If it is, I don't really get it. Never had trouble to kill slowish plated guys before the patch as soon as you can do some decent damages (level 20-25+). Now it's basically :
1/ You play light and you get tons of gold.
2/ You play average and you pray for your team not being too dumb
3/ You play heavy, and naked, alternativly. 10 rounds of armor, 10 rounds naked leeching around, trying to kill swinging your flamberge around.
4/ You play like a whimp, get a bow/xbow/massthrowing weap and kills everyone, because everyone wears light armors now (I play as a 1h/thrower build... And Trust me, these heavy throwing axes are just stupid with only 4 power throw.)
Here are the options.

- The repairs are really random. You can be broken after very few rounds, if you're unlucky. (Repairs + Losing cuz of a fail team.) In that case you don't really feel like playing anymore. At the moment, I have no money, I need to repair half of my light/average gear. I don't feel like grinding the gold I need to play with a decent (not a heavy) gear.

- This patch is also getting ppl way less involved into fights. A lot of people are just wandering around. Maybe some rewards for killing stuff or capturing flags or whatsoever could be a nice add instead of just feeding everyone with the same huge amount of money (I know you don't want crpg to be a grind game, still.)

- I used to have more fun before the patch. I used to have a lot of enjoyement when my char was evolving a tad everyday. Now it's just "Oh yeah ? 20k ? Let's leech 2h being naked, and that's it.". I though that was a decent idea, but then... I'm kinda deceived right now. Especially because getting high cost gears is not really allowed anymore.

- How could I be happy ? I used to have 3 heilroom, now I lost most of them. I spent hours being frustrated at low level, not able to kill anyone whatsoever. For nothing. How can you guys can be happy ? I know some ppl were abusing of the old system. Still it's kinda not the fault of players, and not a reason to nerf everyone on the way. (We could say the same thing about the -10 level after the patch, but well.)

- The first levels are still annoying as hell. I start having fun after level 25 only. Before this it's just... running naked, farming money to try to enjoy level 25+ to level 31, then rebirth, and go for grind again.

For me, it's still a pure grind game. You just retrieved some game options on the way, and gave the right to ppl to just leech some gold without doing anything whatsoever for his team.

About the ingame balance, I don't really know, it's impossible to try out and make an objective opinion of all weapons & stuff with so few time.
I play as a 1H + shield + Throwing weap. 1H + Shield is ok for me, whatever the enemy.
Throwing weap are REALLY effective.
2H are everywhere now. Looks like everyone threw away their polearms to go for 2H. I have no problem with this, but maybe it's a sign.
Polearms are.. Wait, polearms ? Where ? Maybe they are to expensive to be used ? Cuz I really barely see them.
Bows are.. No clue, I'm shielder. They're all the same for me. They just shoot & run like they always use to do.
Xbows are annoying. Especially when they shoot you in your shield and you still lose 50% of your hp, even if the bolt goes in your shield. Still, nothing to really abuse here, they're still slow as hell and counterable with some throwing weap.
Throwing weaps are really good. Especially since you nerfed everyone's gear. Heavy throwing axes are not hard to get as hybrid, and can kill nearly everyone with 1-2 shots just because 80% of ppl are light now.

Anyway it's just my opinion.

- FunnyDream

Offline Tungsten

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: January 14, 2011, 03:36:38 am »
Nobody threw away their polearms for 2handers? If anything there's far more polearms than there was. Not as many becs because they aren't godmode with blunt anymore but still, tons of spears, pikes and poleaxes.
Tungsten_ATS

Offline Thomas Dixon

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • cRPG Player
  • Order Of The Lance
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Order Of The Lance
« Reply #183 on: January 14, 2011, 10:06:51 am »
pike couch lance ftw

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 417
  • Infamy: 2136
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: January 14, 2011, 12:18:34 pm »
I don't like the new patch. I think it's killing some game builds & mechanics.

- Not allowing ppl to get decent armor makes ppl dropping heavy to go light builds. For me, Light & Heavy are balanced. You're just destroying a part of the game. (My armor is average in game, always has been, and will always be) Heavy platers was ridiculous, I agree, but the rest was okey.

Mail armor is decent armor, plate is plate and can't be considered decent because archers need more than 6 shots in my body to kill me when I'm wearing heraldic plate (once in 20 rounds). If you consider Heraldic plate or even Churburg being 'decent' and Milanese very good, putting Black Armor on top then you're as clueless as it gets. Read forums a bit, you'll learn something useful about this game. I know I did.

Also, I remember you. You were that guy whining how casual should get the same right slightly after the 'big' patch got released. Now when you had bought plate, you want it to be usable like pre patch when you had peasant clothes and nothing more. Well, good luck with that.

Offline Alopen

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: January 14, 2011, 02:22:37 pm »
-- you should increase the cost of all horses including palfrey and especially heavy armored horses (which were always stupid, destrier should be the best horse, armored horses are more fantasy than anything in c-rpg mod)
- GIVE US KILTS (medium armor would be best)

Because in med. times there were obviously more kilts than armored horses  :rolleyes: I hope you realize kilts were 16th century dresscode. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kilt

Offline Michael

• Don't take me seriously
  • Baron
  • Renown: 118
  • Infamy: 559
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: January 14, 2011, 03:36:26 pm »
The poll is disturbing. Pre-patch, original patch, hotfix, and ninja-horse-nerf should be the options.

Horse charge for heavy plated charger should be 100. Do it! Imagine all the whining wieners. Whining makes you happy, and a happy chadz is a coding chadz. I also promise not to charge the devs any more, I swear.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline FunnyDream

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: January 15, 2011, 09:11:28 am »
Mail armor is decent armor, plate is plate and can't be considered decent because archers need more than 6 shots in my body to kill me when I'm wearing heraldic plate (once in 20 rounds). If you consider Heraldic plate or even Churburg being 'decent' and Milanese very good, putting Black Armor on top then you're as clueless as it gets. Read forums a bit, you'll learn something useful about this game. I know I did.
I have a Coat of plates (which is mail). Good archers kills me in few arrows. I have nothing against this. Still, it's silly to delete a part of the game in my opinion instead of fixing it. Read my post. Fixing arrows pierce through armor to be able to kill plated guys a tad more effectivly is way more wise than just deleting heavy armors from the game like it is right now. If an archer can't kill a plated guys without less than 6 arrows, archery is the problem, not the plate. At melee range, plate is ok.
The fact is, right now, some builds are kinda disapearing. Way less hammer than before (1H or 2H), way less pierce 1H (poleaxes are still used because of the range, pretty effective against light ppl too.)etc.

Also, I remember you. You were that guy whining how casual should get the same right slightly after the 'big' patch got released. Now when you had bought plate, you want it to be usable like pre patch when you had peasant clothes and nothing more. Well, good luck with that.
You're wrong. I already have my full gear for ages now. I just played for 1Month+ very casually, 1 or 2h per day somehow. I had my full set really fast tbh. So it's kinda not the point here. I won't change for plate at all tbh, I don't like it. I'm already really happy with my coat of plates, which is a tad heavier than I would like already tbh.
And also, I never asked to get the same rights. I was just noticiing to the admins how awful this patch were, for casual players who aren't really reading forum and who just wants to play for fun. READ.
Btw, I didn't buy A SINGLE GEAR PART after this patch.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 09:14:22 am by FunnyDream »

Offline PhantomZero

• Earl
  • Renown: 384
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
  • I'm going to need you playing at 6AM on Saturday..
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BIRD CLAN
  • Game nicks: POSTMASTER_PHANTOM0_OF_BIRD
  • IRC nick: PhantomZero
« Reply #188 on: January 15, 2011, 10:00:32 am »
Chargers can't actually charge anymore, hitting anymore than 1 dude pretty much brings you to a halt, even with 7 riding.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Hecur

• Knight
  • Renown: 73
  • Infamy: 74
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: January 15, 2011, 02:18:42 pm »
give horses their power back

Offline Ninja_Totoro

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: January 15, 2011, 02:26:09 pm »
give horses their power back

So they can wreak havoc and be invulnerable?

No thank you, cav still do well even after the nerf.

Offline Yaron

• Noble
  • Renown: 16
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
  • I am daunkey guy!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Secret
« Reply #191 on: January 16, 2011, 02:30:51 pm »
Duno, if somebody already said it, but:

- IMO siege xbow is way to expensive i nupkeep, 900 gold for such a crappy weapon is way to high ... I mean, did anyone saw a xbow man ever be rank 1 ? I guess no ... and as secondary weapon its also not possible since upkeep way tp high, you cant take any other good equip with it ... since you need a whole round with at least x4 to get the upkeep only for the xbow oO.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 02:32:24 pm by Yaron »
[21:11] <chadz>   i intend to give the 0 army guys a man for free though
[21:12] <chadz>   there will be fun "WTF? I LOST TO ONE GUY BECAUSE NO ONE OF MY TEAM SHOWED UP" threads
[21:12] <chadz>   which will result in me laughing
[21:12] <chadz>   and a happy chadz is a coding chadz

Offline Hecur

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: January 16, 2011, 03:33:25 pm »
I can use my equiptment also if it is broken.
This means i pay no upkeep!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please help

Offline Yaron

• Noble
  • Renown: 16
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
  • I am daunkey guy!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Secret
« Reply #193 on: January 16, 2011, 04:45:24 pm »
1. Unfotuantely You can't set autorepair for single items ;D ... dunno how it is with you but I am way too lazy to go to desktop after each round to rapair every single item (excepting xbow) ....

2. Only noobs like you would carry broken items :P
[21:11] <chadz>   i intend to give the 0 army guys a man for free though
[21:12] <chadz>   there will be fun "WTF? I LOST TO ONE GUY BECAUSE NO ONE OF MY TEAM SHOWED UP" threads
[21:12] <chadz>   which will result in me laughing
[21:12] <chadz>   and a happy chadz is a coding chadz

Offline Hecur

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: January 16, 2011, 04:49:29 pm »
But my charger, transitional surcout, lance and shield are "broken" on the website, but ingame they work like they are new.
btw: autorepair=off