Poll

Character armory page

yes
32 (69.6%)
no
14 (30.4%)

Total Members Voted: 46

Voting closes: November 01, 2038, 08:45:17 am

Author Topic: Character armory  (Read 1801 times)

Offline ArchonAlarion

• Baron
  • Renown: 98
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Late 15th cen. English Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: ArchonAlarion, DON'T_WAKE_GRANDPA, NASTY_TURTLE, UNARMED_CLASS_ DON'T_BAN_PLS, et al.
Re: Character armory
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2011, 12:26:53 am »
That means i don't want to show, this is called privacy.

This is the argument of all totalitarian and police states to encroach on the freedom of their citizens, hopefully chadz and devs have shown in the past they had a high regard for these values like privacy and freedom.

If it was like facebook, then perhaps you could only view profiles/armories/stats of people you were "friends" with.

Also, as much as I respect the pro-privacy sentiments, this is a mod of a computer game dude.

Offline Blondin

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • aka Blondie
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Blondin, Tuco, Sentenza
  • IRC nick: Blondin
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2011, 02:58:25 am »
Also, as much as I respect the pro-privacy sentiments, this is a mod of a computer game dude.

Exactly, and it's a shame that even in a video game ppl have the same logic

Still, if ppl have the choice it's a good idea, dunno on what is working Harald, but he's the kind of guy to code that with easy

Offline elleryss

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2011, 09:18:54 am »
I obviously don't mind people seeing my character's armour & gear i mean,
if your such a famous warrior and are known as the monster slaughter of the battlefield what's the problem with showing your gear & build?

Although I do understand some people would rather show nothing of themselves but that's their own choise which rejects the polls result.
That's why there should be some privacy when an armory page even gets developed by having some privacy options which you can check-box, think of these:

x - Show character profile to all  ( This is default )
x - Only show character profile to friends  ( by choosing this you can also only see your friends their profile )
x - Only show profile to friends and friends of friends ( by choosing this you can only see your friends and their friends their profile )
x - Keep profile hidden ( by choosing this option your profile stays hidden and your avatar is shown in a dark shadow )

The armory could, as the options i showt above, also lead to some sort of small friends network were you can easily message friends :-)

I personally think this would be great to have in CRP alltough i'm not sure how much work this would be!

Offline chadz

• The lazy
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 3188
  • Infamy: 724
  • Sir Black King A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: irc://
  • IRC nick: chadz
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2011, 09:40:35 am »
needless to say, IF this happens, it's optional and opt-in, not the other way around.

We do have plans of giving people a public page for their chars (stuff like bio, avatar, etc - this might be a good addition, although I always liked the way people had to, you know, ask for that info)

Offline Armbrust_Schtze

• Knight
  • Renown: 72
  • Infamy: 110
  • cRPG Player
  • (being watched)
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Philip :)
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2011, 03:10:25 pm »
in germany you can do almost everything (exception is for example drugs) as long it does not hurt others civil rights...you cant force people to show their inventory and stats and what ever to the public if they dont want it. in germany that would be against the law.
This masterwork bolt will send you straight to hell Tincan!

Offline elleryss

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2011, 03:33:59 pm »
in germany you can do almost everything (exception is for example drugs) as long it does not hurt others civil rights...you cant force people to show their inventory and stats and what ever to the public if they dont want it. in germany that would be against the law.

Do people actually read before posting?...

Offline Muunilinst

• Count
  • Renown: 261
  • Infamy: 120
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Krems
  • Game nicks: Renovatio
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2011, 03:50:29 pm »
i think when u make other inventorys visible for others, some people immidately search for a good player and make exact the same build and armour and everything. i dont like the idea but yeh like almost only my opinion.