Poll

Character armory page

yes
32 (69.6%)
no
14 (30.4%)

Total Members Voted: 46

Voting closes: November 01, 2038, 08:45:17 am

Author Topic: Character armory  (Read 1800 times)

Offline elleryss

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Character armory
« on: June 17, 2011, 09:45:17 am »
Hi all, I this has been suggested before but i couldn't find a detailed & big topic about it.

basically I'm asking for a character armory page were you can type in the character name of someone and get to see their armour, build and rank.
I think this helps greatly at making builds, so you have an example of other people, or just discovering what type of armour a person is wearing.

I would like to hear some opinions :-)

**EDIT** For users afraid of loosing their privacy i added some possible options below:

Although I do understand some people would rather show nothing of themselves but that's their own choise which rejects the polls result.
That's why there should be some privacy when an armory page EVEN gets developed by having some privacy options which you can check-box, think of these:

x - Show character profile to all  ( This is default )
x - Only show character profile to friends  ( by choosing this you can also only see your friends their profile )
x - Only show profile to friends and friends of friends ( by choosing this you can only see your friends and their friends their profile )
x - Keep profile hidden ( by choosing this option your profile stays hidden and your avatar is shown in a dark shadow )

The armory could, as the options i showt above, also lead to some sort of small friends network were you can easily message friends :-)

I personally think this would be great to have in CRP alltough i'm not sure how much work this would be!

« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 09:22:29 am by elleryss »

Offline Lisandro

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Lisandro
Re: Character armory
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2011, 09:53:16 am »
It should be nice, but naturally someone would want to stand anonymous.Maybe with the chance to open or close his armory.
Aspirans Aeterna

Offline Kenji

• Baron
  • Renown: 140
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player
  • Casual Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2011, 10:08:29 am »
I'd actually like this feature, for I've seen many good-looking sets of armors people pieced together with.

Of course, as the first reply stated, a privacy setting could do well with those who wish to stay ninja, which is nothing wrong with that.

Offline Duke

• Knight
  • Renown: 38
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2011, 10:49:15 am »
Only if users' equipment is hidden by default and it's a choice whether to share the info... then sure.

Offline elleryss

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2011, 10:57:17 am »
I would rather want the opposite of ''Only if users' equipment is hidden by default and it's a choice whether to share the info''

Users build and armour is shown by default and you can easily choose to hide it by going to settings and select hide ''x''

Because otherwise people wouldn't mind going to armory in order to show their gear / build if it was on private already.

« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 10:59:42 am by elleryss »

Offline ArchonAlarion

• Baron
  • Renown: 98
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Late 15th cen. English Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: ArchonAlarion, DON'T_WAKE_GRANDPA, NASTY_TURTLE, UNARMED_CLASS_ DON'T_BAN_PLS, et al.
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2011, 05:57:11 pm »
I'd really like to see this. Basically, a C-rpg facebook. You could sort your searches by ranking, level, clan, etc.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2011, 07:30:45 pm »
No.

You can already track half of my alts and how they play on the Northern Empire servers in the new www.nacrpg.net page, so be content with that.

You nosy buggers should bugger off. I am only for this kind of detailed information if it is optional and people can opt out (like me). I'm harmless so leave me out of this, psh psh psh..
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Tavuk_Bey

• Earl
  • Renown: 409
  • Infamy: 233
  • cRPG Player
  • herrroo, my näym iz bokkkseee änd i'm fukken ugry
    • View Profile
  • Faction: bashibazouk, the official jihad clan
  • Game nicks: tavuk
  • IRC nick: Minister of Shitstorm
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2011, 08:13:36 pm »
yes, only cheaters and nerds refuse this idea
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

roast and roast again until lambs become kebab

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2011, 08:16:43 pm »
yes, only cheaters and nerds refuse this idea

The cheaters have been banned, and we all play video games and make believe killing each other in an imaginary world... :lol:
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2011, 09:10:27 pm »
only insecure players (which includes cheaters, exploiters, etc) have something to hide.

Offline Blondin

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • aka Blondie
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Blondin, Tuco, Sentenza
  • IRC nick: Blondin
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2011, 11:56:44 pm »
only insecure players (which includes cheaters, exploiters, etc) have something to hide.

Oh no, i can only strongly disagree with that, just because i have nothing to hide but i don't want show anything.

Offline Tavuk_Bey

• Earl
  • Renown: 409
  • Infamy: 233
  • cRPG Player
  • herrroo, my näym iz bokkkseee änd i'm fukken ugry
    • View Profile
  • Faction: bashibazouk, the official jihad clan
  • Game nicks: tavuk
  • IRC nick: Minister of Shitstorm
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2011, 11:38:53 am »
Oh no, i can only strongly disagree with that, just because i have nothing to hide but i don't want show anything.

that means you have something to hide

roast and roast again until lambs become kebab

Offline Glyph

• Baron
  • Renown: 143
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • Turbulence incoming
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Horris
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2011, 05:31:52 pm »
then why don't you? cheater... sorry, what?

Glyph you have obsessive Horse Archer and Horse hatred.
- Official diagnosis :)

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2011, 06:03:47 pm »
then why don't you? cheater... sorry, what?

Because from my perspective: You are not in my clan, and I am usually going to try and murder you evertime we meet on the battlefield, so why should I want to give you additional tactical information that could help you defeat me?

I am here to kill you, which is a little harder if you remember my stats and what my gear is (oho he has lordly armor not standard! Oho he is actually a 27/12 not an 18/18 like he said! Oho he has no Iron Flesh! Wait, that archer has points in riding?! Ah, he split his wpf like that, I see I see!). Not to mention, Bargaining on the market is more difficult if every one knows what the amount of gold I have is... Or charity work too...

So my point stands, bugger off!  :lol: :mrgreen:
« Last Edit: June 18, 2011, 06:06:54 pm by Tears_of_Destiny »

Offline Blondin

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • aka Blondie
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Blondin, Tuco, Sentenza
  • IRC nick: Blondin
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2011, 12:05:40 am »
that means you have something to hide

That means i don't want to show, this is called privacy.

This is the argument of all totalitarian and police states to encroach on the freedom of their citizens, hopefully chadz and devs have shown in the past they had a high regard for these values like privacy and freedom.