Author Topic: Time-Place coordination  (Read 2126 times)

Offline Topsnus

• Noble
  • Renown: 15
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Time-Place coordination
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2011, 06:21:16 pm »
Not a big enough playerbase for this. All of the battles would be like 5 vs 5. You have to remember that this game is supposed to have many factions and many battles going on at close intervals all over the map. Will not work at all. There is a reason it wasnt like this in the first place.

Offline Sultan Eren

• Count
  • Renown: 217
  • Infamy: 113
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercs
  • Game nicks: Sultan Eren
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2011, 06:24:25 pm »
Not a big enough playerbase for this. All of the battles would be like 5 vs 5. You have to remember that this game is supposed to have many factions and many battles going on at close intervals all over the map. Will not work at all. There is a reason it wasnt like this in the first place.

No there are enough players for what i suggested.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Reinhardt

• Count
  • Renown: 274
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Crusaders of Acre
  • IRC nick: Reinhardt
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2011, 07:40:51 pm »
i hate to disagree but he is right a group of about 20. Espicially of a clan like acre cannot take on 60 + enemy's.
even if you are really skilled.

Even DRZ couldent always get there 50 + members on all at once.
so the solutuion recruiting mercs/people with high lvl.

Actually I'm pretty sure he was talking about having to hire Mercenaries in order to play strategus, which is utter bullshit. Mercenaries barely follow orders. And who the hell is speaking of a 20 vs 60? That's no where near what we're getting at. If a base of 20 tactically minded players under a commander who knows how to command faces an army with 20 mercenaries that are horrible at teamplay and just bumrush, even with 1,000 tickets more, the organized team will come out victorious.

This is a bad idea in my honest opinion. Why even have a faction then? Large factions = dominate. Small factions = get dominated. This may be the case now, but at least the smaller faction can win if they have better fighters and aren't bad at commanding. Name of the game is Strategus. Placing your troops on the map effectively is key anyway, but battles would just crutch everyone and make the game boring.

No there are enough players for what i suggested.

You also have to remember that strategus is a place for factions, not unorganized bunches of pubs fighting together.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 07:42:43 pm by Reinhardt »
"A leader is a dealer in hope."