Author Topic: Throwing Weapon Error Message and Associated Error  (Read 996 times)

Offline MeevarTheMighty

• Count
  • Renown: 242
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • http://www.afp.gov.au/what-we-do/
  • Faction: RDP
  • Game nicks: Genemeve et al
Throwing Weapon Error Message and Associated Error
« on: June 15, 2011, 02:37:20 pm »
Hi, made throw/bow character to test the "less than a dozen circles of hell" theory, but at every round start I get the following message:

"Your proficiency in throwing weapons is too low."

I have the necessary Power Throw for all of the throwing weapons I own ( PT = 2 ) and the error message occurs even when I don't equip any throwing weapons (in fact it started before I bought any).

I also can't retrieve any throwing weapons; I had assumed this was a patch feature, but have since noticed that others can pick up my thrown weapons as well as their own.

Sorry if there's already a thread, I looked through the first ten pages and ran a search to no avail.

Offline Cosmos_Shielder

• Baron
  • Renown: 137
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player
  • French Connection Leader
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pecores
  • Game nicks: Roland De Gilead
Re: Throwing Weapon Error Message and Associated Error
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2011, 04:52:07 pm »
You must have at least (14*PT) wpf.
That mean if you have 2 power throw you must have at least 28 wpf at throwing.
And you have to take in account that armour weight decreases your amount of wpf according to http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,2722.0.html

Offline MeevarTheMighty

• Count
  • Renown: 242
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • http://www.afp.gov.au/what-we-do/
  • Faction: RDP
  • Game nicks: Genemeve et al
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2011, 08:10:17 am »
Ah, hadn't put anything in throwing yet.

Thanks.  :)

Offline john_pullinger

• Knight
  • Renown: 28
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Boreal_V, John, Dogtanian, Lexor, Cobalt, Toissonador, Flip_it and Sir_Arn, poor Sir_Arn.
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2011, 10:59:13 am »
Further to this, what penalty is applied when your throwing proficiency is too low like this? Does it actively reduce your accuracy and/or damage?

My character Boreal always used to lug around a few javelins or war darts to hurl before closing in melee, where the majority of his proficiency points were invested. I would have about 50 in throwing just so there was a reasonable chance of hitting the target and dealing a bit of respectable damage, but didn't want to specialize in throwing because it would reduce how much I could put into the melee skills.

If there's a considerable penalty from low throwing skill, then I'll avoid this sort of tactic after my next retirement, so any specifics on it would be greatly appreciated.

-John

Offline Belmont

• Baron
  • Renown: 109
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2011, 01:51:22 pm »
Further to this, what penalty is applied when your throwing proficiency is too low like this? Does it actively reduce your accuracy and/or damage?

My character Boreal always used to lug around a few javelins or war darts to hurl before closing in melee, where the majority of his proficiency points were invested. I would have about 50 in throwing just so there was a reasonable chance of hitting the target and dealing a bit of respectable damage, but didn't want to specialize in throwing because it would reduce how much I could put into the melee skills.

If there's a considerable penalty from low throwing skill, then I'll avoid this sort of tactic after my next retirement, so any specifics on it would be greatly appreciated.

-John

The message decreases your Power Throw to what it should be. For example, if you have 10 power throw but only 13 WPF then your damage will be the same as a Power Throw 1 character.

I suggest reading this topic, it has some good information: http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,12507.0.html

Offline Cosmos_Shielder

• Baron
  • Renown: 137
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player
  • French Connection Leader
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pecores
  • Game nicks: Roland De Gilead
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2011, 10:24:08 pm »
Damn Belmont i love you ^^
So i may take my transitional and rox some people with my throwing lance , it will just decrease a few my 9 powert throw