Author Topic: Cheaper Headgear Please  (Read 566 times)

Offline KaMiKaZe_JoE

• Marshall
  • Renown: 904
  • Infamy: 117
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Cavalieres
  • Game nicks: KaMiKaZe _______
Cheaper Headgear Please
« on: June 15, 2011, 03:24:34 am »
I only speak for myself when I say that I really only wear head armor for looks. This process is, however, made rather awkward by various head armor's expensiveness. The chances of getting hit in the head seem rather low from my experiences, and any projectiles are almost always a one hit kill regardless of the head armor you're sporting at the time.

Can head armor be cheaper please? Not alot, just a little.

Nobody bitch and say its buffing tanks--please don't do that, it'll upset me (and god).
"I don't think I'd want to meet anyone from cRPG. Sorry no offense lol" -TG

Offline Damug

• Noble
  • Renown: 21
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Cheaper Headgear Please
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2011, 03:30:40 am »
Man up and spend more if you want your knightly barbie to look how you want it to.

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2011, 03:37:40 am »
Isn't your mustache already making you look good enough? Also, I don't want tanks to get buffed.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2011, 05:03:34 am »
I value head armor more than body armor. Familiar with overheads and the left to right swing, especially from the one-handers? Headhunters! Without a helmet you're down in one shot, maybe two if you're lucky. Also, arrows doesn't always one-hit kill in the head, heck, even crossbows doesn't. Just yesterday, some guy survived a headshot from MW Arbalest + Well made steel bolts at short to medium range with a good helmet.

I don't care too much about the price and possible changes to that, I just find it strange that people don't value head armor.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline MouthnHoof

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: MouthnHoof
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2011, 11:26:15 am »
Top helmets are expensive the same way that a fashionable suit is much more expensive than its actual worth.

You pay for the exclusivity, not the protection it offers. I would wear pajamas and fight with a tree branch if this is the only way to afford the Litchina helmet. It even has armor for the mustache!

Offline EponiCo

• Baron
  • Renown: 92
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Aine
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2011, 11:28:18 am »
I value head armor more than body armor. Familiar with overheads and the left to right swing, especially from the one-handers? Headhunters! Without a helmet you're down in one shot, maybe two if you're lucky. Also, arrows doesn't always one-hit kill in the head, heck, even crossbows doesn't. Just yesterday, some guy survived a headshot from MW Arbalest + Well made steel bolts at short to medium range with a good helmet.

I don't care too much about the price and possible changes to that, I just find it strange that people don't value head armor.