Author Topic: This character does not exist ....  (Read 1815 times)

Offline okiN

• Marshall
  • Renown: 924
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: This character does not exist ....
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2011, 02:30:44 am »
For what it's worth, I appreciate you looking into it okiN.

I've used so many I can't remember them all. My highest character's name was Battleforged, gen1 level 24 or 25 I think. I've had other one's like Lord_Mel_Gibson and a bunch of random stuff I honestly can't remember.

I pretty much make characters like I change my underwear, every 4 days or so.

Well, if all the alts are yours and there's no way anyone else could have used your key, then it must have come from you. Also, according to cmp, the character(s) detected using the hack have the same password hash as the chars associated with the TNGR acronym, so it seems like it must have been you.
Don't.

Offline TNGR

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2011, 02:37:44 am »
Well, if all the alts are yours and there's no way anyone else could have used your key, then it must have come from you. Also, according to cmp, the character(s) detected using the hack have the same password hash as the chars associated with the TNGR acronym, so it seems like it must have been you.

I just had to change my password today when I tried logging in and it asked me to set it for all characters, that couldn't be it? Ugh, this sucks.

Thanks for looking anyway, bye bye crpg, you will be missed.

Offline okiN

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2011, 02:43:27 am »
No, that ban's been in place since last month. The detection will have been from before the announcement was posted.
Don't.

Offline TNGR

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2011, 02:47:14 am »
So if I purchase a new cdkey will I be able to play? And if so, I can still use my emulator software?

I'm reluctant to spend anymore money for something I didn't do, but it's a pretty fun mod.

Offline okiN

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2011, 02:51:36 am »
None of the bans have been imposed on newly bought keys, and I sincerely doubt any gamepad got you or anyone else banned. If you really think that's what it was, then maybe play it safe; basically avoid doing whatever triggered the autoblock detection. So far I only know of one thing that's done it, though. :P
Don't.

Offline TNGR

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2011, 02:54:43 am »
None of the bans have been imposed on newly bought keys, and I sincerely doubt any gamepad got you or anyone else banned. If you really think that's what it was, then maybe play it safe; basically avoid doing whatever triggered the autoblock detection. So far I only know of one thing that's done it, though. :P

Thats fine okiN, I appreciate it. I know dubious shit happens on the internet and I'd rather the game was kept clean rather than let people that actually hacked play again without the repercussions of loss of funds.

For the record, I didn't hack and I'll stick to that. It sucks having to spend money I've already spent but I understand the reason for it.