Author Topic: Huge Multi-Clan-Team Tournament: Discussion.  (Read 10935 times)

Offline Jeez

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • May God have mercy on your souls, I will not
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Crusaders Of Acre
  • Game nicks: Saint Jeez of Acre
  • IRC nick: Jeez
Re: Huge Multi-Clan-Team Tournament: Discussion
« Reply #75 on: June 20, 2011, 08:14:39 pm »
@Tydeus' Idea
the prize of winning this will be a whole lot of respect, worth more than any coin.
besides, rule number one makes your idea inpossible:

§1: The purpose of this tournament is for different clans to work together and have fun doing so. The point is, that here is the chance to work together with your enemies and against your friends.

fun and teamwork, not gold

@Plazeks proposal:
prefabbing plains could be good, but you'll have the same plains over and over again. with random maps you'll have to adapt and think quick. also prevents exploiting of certain positions (e.g. a hill near the spawn of one team, that team will probably camp it all the time)

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #76 on: June 20, 2011, 08:32:43 pm »
Jeez. There are no random maps. All of them where made using the random map generator and then they were made static. Random_Planes_27 (or whatever the name they have) will always be the same. The only way for it to change would be to change it manually, i.e. upload a new map in its name.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Jeez

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 20, 2011, 08:50:22 pm »
yeah, i know that, but, i mean, just use the different "random" maps trough each other,  there are like a hundred of them

Offline Tydeus

• Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #78 on: June 20, 2011, 08:57:59 pm »
That would make the whole thing infinitely more competitive, and probably cut signups in half. Pretty counterproductive, really, given the nature of the project.
Alright, then don't have a pot for the victors, cut the fee to like 5-10K per person and only use it for referees. I volunteered as a ref with no expectation of anything like this, then I found out that we're still short a number of referees. I have enough gold and wouldn't take any offered to me for this so I'm not trying to get rich off of anyone(I already have more gold than I know what to do with).

@Tydeus' Idea
the prize of winning this will be a whole lot of respect, worth more than any coin.
besides, rule number one makes your idea inpossible:

§1: The purpose of this tournament is for different clans to work together and have fun doing so. The point is, that here is the chance to work together with your enemies and against your friends.

fun and teamwork, not gold
20K per person with a maximum of 400 people involved is only 800K gold. That's really minor when you look at the fact that each team would have 100 players. 8K gold per player as a reward is nothing to get competitive about. Regardless, as stated above, you could simply just use the entrance fee to help get more refs. We're talking about having volunteers spectate for multiple hours, that's not exactly exciting and I can see how people wouldn't want to do it(then again, I am so who knows).
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline Jeez

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 20, 2011, 09:15:04 pm »
suggest you have a dancing club, max capacity= 300 peeps
your club gets full, and all of a sudden, you demand all those people inside to give them money.

1. not everyone will like that, it's not about the amount of gold, its just, suddenly having to pay
2. if you'd ask me: administrational nightare
3. if you only get 8K gold, whats the point then. You could earn it in 30 mins playing. If you then say it's not for the money, then why ask and give it?

but, you have a point on the refs, they might wanna recieve some money, maybe a small fee per clan, there won't be hundreds of refs to pay. but of course, when is a sum high enough to make people wanna do the referring for the money, which is imo a bad reason.

I stay with my statement, respect is the prize, as well for the winners, as for all the participants, and especially for the refs and of course the organizers

Offline 22nd_King_Plazek

• Baron
  • Renown: 87
  • Infamy: 57
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 20, 2011, 09:17:10 pm »
As an aside, by plains like maps I meant maps that are open and fit for large organised battles. With a balance to them and a bit more interesting than the current "random" plains CRPG has. Having features such as a small village here, a farm there, a bridge and a river etc.

But if people are happy with the current maps all the less work for me, or anyone else who wants to improve this thing :P

Offline Jeez

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 20, 2011, 09:20:38 pm »
well, yea, you cold indeed make something with a river and a small forest and such, but it will be hard to get it all balanced out

Offline Tydeus

• Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #82 on: June 20, 2011, 09:46:03 pm »
suggest you have a dancing club, max capacity= 300 peeps
your club gets full, and all of a sudden, you demand all those people inside to give them money.

1. not everyone will like that, it's not about the amount of gold, its just, suddenly having to pay
2. if you'd ask me: administrational nightare
3. if you only get 8K gold, whats the point then. You could earn it in 30 mins playing. If you then say it's not for the money, then why ask and give it?

but, you have a point on the refs, they might wanna recieve some money, maybe a small fee per clan, there won't be hundreds of refs to pay. but of course, when is a sum high enough to make people wanna do the referring for the money, which is imo a bad reason.

I stay with my statement, respect is the prize, as well for the winners, as for all the participants, and especially for the refs and of course the organizers
Well when I came up with the idea I wasn't thinking about a reward for winners, just a way to maybe get one or two more refs. The idea crossed my mind about a reward and I didn't give it much thought, just threw it in with the rest. There is still a week before the start of the tourney, maybe enough time to grab more refs without the need of any sort of payment.
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline okiN

• Marshall
  • Renown: 924
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 20, 2011, 09:48:30 pm »
I suppose if it really comes to that I can put myself down as a substitute for our clan's squad and referee if we have enough players without me. I'd hope we'll be able to get enough of them somehow without resorting to bribes.
Don't.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #84 on: June 21, 2011, 01:41:09 am »
Yeah same as Okin. Can referee if we don't have enough of them. Not like there aren't enough Risen to fill my spot.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Thovex

• Marshall
  • Renown: 851
  • Infamy: 210
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Thovex
« Reply #85 on: June 21, 2011, 01:42:21 am »
20 Risens? Do-able with some announcing.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tristan

• Count
  • Renown: 200
  • Infamy: 52
  • cRPG Player
  • Listen to wisdom!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Guards)
  • Game nicks: Guard_Tristan
  • IRC nick: Guard_Tristan
« Reply #86 on: June 21, 2011, 02:28:30 am »
@ risen:

You signed up with 20. If less please announce so within tomorrow.

@prize:
Not this time, it would then be announced beforehand, not after. First I want to see how all of this is going to roll out. Believe me, the biggest job is not either the referees or something else. I'll find those referees.

@Fun:
This is the first time 300 players have joined together in a common tournament. It's an experiment and wonderful one. Its a testimony to the community of cRPG.

@Referees:
Do NOT be afraid to suggest yourself or others as referees. And do not be sad if you are rejected.

I look forward to the tournament and is very impressed that we crossed the 200 participant min by far. 300 people joining together is very, very impressive.
Kudos to all of you out there!!!
He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief. He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened his mouth.

Offline Jeez

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 21, 2011, 01:04:39 pm »
Kudos to all of you out there!!!

do we get a kiss from the avatar ? :D

but indeed, 300 warriors united is.... eh......uh.........hm........ a lot
looking forward to this
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 01:05:50 pm by Jeez »

Offline Thovex

• Marshall
  • Renown: 851
  • Infamy: 210
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Thovex
« Reply #88 on: June 21, 2011, 01:33:02 pm »
Just to confirm, it's upcoming sunday, right?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tristan

• Count
  • Renown: 200
  • Infamy: 52
  • cRPG Player
  • Listen to wisdom!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Guards)
  • Game nicks: Guard_Tristan
  • IRC nick: Guard_Tristan
« Reply #89 on: June 21, 2011, 01:46:17 pm »
Yes the first two matches...
He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief. He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened his mouth.