Author Topic: Archers buffed too much  (Read 24126 times)

Offline StanleyPain

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: (>'.'<)(*)(*)(¯`·._) LLJK (¯`·._) (*)(*) (>'.'<)
Re: Archers buffed too much
« Reply #270 on: January 14, 2011, 03:25:04 am »
If you are that bad at manual blocking, get a shield!! :D

I shall not dirty the beauty that is my archer with vile shields or swords. However, I do enjoy poking cav in the face with my pike :D

Offline SalmonGod

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: January 15, 2011, 07:32:19 pm »
I like how so many archers came into this thread to talk about how low their damage is, but are now glowing in the "archer build" thread about how they can two-shot people.  And how easy it is to melee on the side.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 07:33:20 pm by SalmonGod »

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #272 on: January 15, 2011, 07:53:59 pm »
I like how so many archers came into this thread to talk about how low their damage is, but are now glowing in the "archer build" thread about how they can two-shot people.  And how easy it is to melee on the side.

You do realize that a 2her/polearm suer could also go 1 wpf in those areas like ana rcher and have the freedom to doranged as well either throwing/xbow/archer or even put 0 wpf innxbow or throwing and just have poweerthrow and still be decently accurate.  Just because you decide to put points only in melee  and nver use ranged doesnt mean archers should not be able to melee fight with their 1 wpf.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 07:55:04 pm by Keshian »
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline SalmonGod

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: January 15, 2011, 07:59:06 pm »
Just because you decide to put points only in melee  and nver use ranged doesnt mean archers should not be able to melee fight with their 1 wpf.

I don't disagree.  Still worth pointing out as many implied that archers lose as soon as a melee manages to reach them.

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #274 on: January 15, 2011, 08:03:59 pm »
I don't disagree.  Still worth pointing out as many implied that archers lose as soon as a melee manages to reach them.

Those people are, and have always been, idiots.  Archers don't have any disadvantages, besides the inability to wear heavy armors and still be accurate.
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2433
  • Infamy: 1515
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: January 15, 2011, 08:30:50 pm »
Currently I'm a hybrid, archery + sword&board. I'm lvl 24, have 116 archery wpf, 5 pd and I'm using a Khergit Bow and Bodkin arrows. While I'm unable to one shot people aside from headshots, my accuracy isn't that bad. I can't snipe at really long range but medium range and a bit of luck makes sniping heads posible. The thing I've noticed is that PD gives much more accuracy than wpf, so instead of putting 150 wpf in archery I'll put 4 more and get 6 PD and 18 STR (also 6 PS which will help me a lot with my balanced side sword).

When I've started playing Crpg mod (first gen) I was archer 2H hybrid and I had 160 wpf in archery and 6 PD. I was using a Khergit as well and I was really unaccurate. Difference before the big patch and now is that now I'm much more accurate, maybe deal a little less damage and fire considerably slower. At this point, being a hybrid I wouldn't say that archery is OP but pure archers might be just that. I didn't go pure archery because it's boring, even now I treat my bow as support weapon (much like xbow) and prefer melee combat.

Also, Khergit bow isn't usable with 4 PD and Strong bow isn't usable if you have 5 PD. You need at least one more than req for that bow to be moderately accurate. WPF might add more damage but I don't see big difference in accuracy at least not as it was before the big patch.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 08:33:00 pm by Leshma »

Offline Belatu

• Count
  • Renown: 242
  • Infamy: 111
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • what
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Belatucadros
« Reply #276 on: January 15, 2011, 08:49:25 pm »
WPF might add more damage but I don't see big difference in accuracy at least not as it was before the big patch.

if that is true...... . for what is usefull the archery-wpf for  archering? for nothing? is 110 wpf enough if you have really high PD?? who are you??  so now is better 21/12?? ... oh hell I dont have time for this madness ... maybe a 2 hander heirloom is the solution  :|
My fridge is my shield

Offline Grey

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 72
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
  • Hope you like arrows...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: -
« Reply #277 on: January 15, 2011, 09:27:07 pm »
50 wpf in 2h, Spiked Mace, Strong Warbow, 2x bodkins, and all other wpf into archery. If there's a reason I shouldn't top the scoreboard when I have the best weapons, tell me? I have the pure melee char, and the thrower char. But the archer is best: If an archer takes ur life, you got target fixation, or u got unlucky: Theres no reason archers shouldnt kill anyone at any time. If you cant deal with this, go play WoW. This is a fairly realistic game, and when you stroll about when people have weapons, they gonna try to use 'em on you.....

I get shot when Im using a melee char. So should you. Now stop whining.
Bamboo Bundle Bowman: 90'' draw, groups at 200 yards.

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #278 on: January 15, 2011, 09:49:40 pm »
Those people are, and have always been, idiots.  Archers don't have any disadvantages, besides the inability to wear heavy armors and still be accurate.

By the same reckoning 2h/throwers have no disadvantages.  Also polearm/xbowers have no disadvantage.  Compared to bothe those 2 ranged, archers require a much higher skill (xbow) and wpf committment (throwers).
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Michael

• Don't take me seriously
  • Baron
  • Renown: 118
  • Infamy: 559
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: January 16, 2011, 02:54:42 am »
I think its common knowledge that I am not an archery fan, simply because its a melee game called mount and blade, not bow and arrow.

However, I have to say that archery is not that overpowered any more.

Before the patch, with my level 17 archer alt I could lay in bed and bring a k d of 3 at any time.

Nowadays, it depends on the circumstances.

The impression that archery is so overpowered comes from the archery friendly maps.

When I can camp a roof in a village on defenders site, I can hit 15 people, if not more, kill some, injure many more.

On attackers side, in the open field, when my fail team doesnt protect me I can get caught and killed by a smart playing lancer without killing anyone.

I am still low level, not sure how easy it will be at level 30, but I will report.

I have noticed that some/ many top archers dont even use warbow any more. Perhaps they are fine with only 4 or 5 power draw, so I think the buff doesnt make them too powerful.

Thrower is a lot easier to play.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Joxer

• Knight
  • Renown: 55
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Autolycus Joxer_The_Mighty Salmoneus
« Reply #280 on: January 16, 2011, 03:22:51 am »
simply because its a melee game called mount and blade, not bow and arrow.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Armagan should've named the game: Mount & Blade& Shield & Xbow & Bow & Javelin... YEAH RIGHT!
That's always the most hilarious thing I encounter on the forums.

Also any map is good archery map. Good archer knows where the advantageous positions are. You cannot make a map that isn't archer friendly. Even a plain desert is archer friendly if you stay behind your own shielders. One tiny hill or building makes all the difference too.
Why is everybody telling me to think? I think, I just don't show it.

Offline Ashrik

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LOTS AND LOTS OF JOLLY KNIGHTS LOTS AND LOTS OF JO
  • Game nicks: LLJK_Ashraa
« Reply #281 on: January 16, 2011, 03:48:15 am »
I think its common knowledge that I am not an archery fan, simply because its a melee game called mount and blade, not bow and arrow.
So if they named it Mount, Blade & Bow, you'd like archery?
I am Uhtred_III_of_Bebbanbawler.

I answer to no man.

Offline bruce

• Count
  • Renown: 262
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the Freak Army of the Gnjus / Saracens
  • Game nicks: Saracen_el_Brus
« Reply #282 on: January 16, 2011, 04:02:01 am »
There's a lot of first person shooter games around for the FPS people, or fantasy games for people who want to RP legolas or some other fantasy bullshit for people under the impression bows are semiautomatic armour piercing rifles.
Best ban reason ever:
Quote from: Wookimonsta
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline Havoco

• Duke
  • Renown: 538
  • Infamy: 102
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Hospookfans
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Havoc
  • IRC nick: Havoco
« Reply #283 on: January 16, 2011, 04:05:25 am »
Semi auto armor piercing rifles? Isn't that a khergit bow? For the heavy arty it would be the strong bow.... Lol
Pock gobblers

Offline Michael

• Don't take me seriously
  • Baron
  • Renown: 118
  • Infamy: 559
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: January 16, 2011, 04:09:55 am »
So if they named it Mount, Blade & Bow, you'd like archery?

lol no. I started with this game, well, my cousin was a alphabetatester, I liked Rome, I loved Rome, but one thing Rome was lacking: you couldnt fight yourself, only command your troops. Mount and Blade gave me the opportunity to ride my charger and swing my sword of war - that was the way I started. Then I found out that lancing is so much easier. In original Mount and Blade the couching animation was not so fucked up, so you could kill 50 Searaiders on your own. You and your horse, that rocked.

As Bruce said, if you want to play shooter, there are plenty of good games around, no need to turn this game in a ranged mod.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login