Author Topic: Let Main act as a cash/item conduit to alts?  (Read 769 times)

Offline dontgothere

• Count
  • Renown: 295
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: DONT_GO_THERE, ARTIEstrongestmanINTHEWORLD, WHERES_MY_CHIPPY, PINGAS, derpyhooves, George_Costanza
Let Main act as a cash/item conduit to alts?
« on: June 13, 2011, 11:16:28 am »
Hi!  This is probably already planned and I missed some other post, but I was just thinking it would make things easier on everyone if one's main account - while remaining the only one that can trade - could still transfer money and items to its associated alts, and receive from those alts also so as to be capable of redistribution amongst them.

I have a lot of alts, and a lot of gold stuck in them with nothing to do.  It would just be nice to be able to put it to SOME use, either in keeping my main's (or other alt's) equipment repaired or putting it to use at auction (since it was earned by logging time, same as ever).

Offline Tavuk_Bey

• Earl
  • Renown: 409
  • Infamy: 233
  • cRPG Player
  • herrroo, my näym iz bokkkseee änd i'm fukken ugry
    • View Profile
  • Faction: bashibazouk, the official jihad clan
  • Game nicks: tavuk
  • IRC nick: Minister of Shitstorm
Re: Let Main act as a cash/item conduit to alts?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2011, 11:25:11 am »
i say no for leecher & banker chars
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

roast and roast again until lambs become kebab

Offline slothscott

• Knight
  • Renown: 38
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: AEF_BigBird
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2011, 02:21:27 pm »
I'd like some one time ability to trade all my gold/items to my main as I have quite a few alts.

Offline rustyspoon

• Marshall
  • Renown: 794
  • Infamy: 164
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rustyspoon, Sir_Rusty_Of_Spoon, Rusty_the_Spoonarian
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2011, 03:35:27 pm »
I can understand why trading of heirlooms is not allowed between mains and alts. However, I wish that you shared a pool of money between mains and alts. It would make starting a new alt a much more enjoyable experience. It sucks to have to save up a ton of money on an alt when you have hundreds of thousands on your main.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Sphinxer

• Knight
  • Renown: 53
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: _Sphinx_
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2011, 07:56:29 am »
It would make starting a new alt a much more enjoyable experience. It sucks to have to save up a ton of money on an alt when you have hundreds of thousands on your main.

Couldn't agree more. It'd be great if the Main could give money down to alts, but alts can't give money back to the main ...

Offline Duke

• Knight
  • Renown: 38
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2011, 08:12:05 am »
It'd be great if the Main could give money down to alts, but alts can't give money back to the main ...
Or perhaps there's a restriction on how much / how often an alt can feed back to the Main.

Such as 50k / per week.  Or 1 transfer perk week, up to 50k
(almost the same thing, but not quite.  First implies multiple transactions)

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2011, 04:31:23 pm »
+1 for the main being able to give money to alts, I think items would be handy as well for those of us that don't have hundreds of thousands and haven't loomed 50 times.
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline ArchonAlarion

• Baron
  • Renown: 98
  • Infamy: 54
  • Late 15th cen. English Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: ArchonAlarion, DON'T_WAKE_GRANDPA, NASTY_TURTLE, UNARMED_CLASS_ DON'T_BAN_PLS, et al.
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2011, 04:51:01 pm »
It would be awesome if INT and CHA were added too, so it would be worthwhile for main chars to have trade, leadership, etc. Leadership could determine the number of alts you can have, trade decreases prices, training increases XP gain, blah blah blah. Main Chars should have some stat based edge over alts too (faster gain or something). Trade and leadership could perhaps carry over generation to generation somehow.

Main Chars who sacrifice combat ability for INT/CHA skills will have more alts, with better gear. Main Chars who max their combat ability will be godly forces of destruction, but be limited to one build, which might not work for all settings. They'd also have to rely more on their own personal ability to turn the tide of battles to gain because of their lack of trade/training.

This way, the Main char is like the head of your own mini faction and the alts are like the troop types you can field. As the main char increases in generations your access to better item technology would generally increase due to gradual pooling of gold.

Gen 1: Main char (Light Horseman). Invests in some Leadership, gets an alt (shieldman)
Gen 2: Main char (medium Horseman). Alt (Shieldman, now with heavy mail armor), alt (bowman)
Gen 3: Main Char (Medium Horseman), alt (shieldman again), alt (Longbowman), alt (crossbowman)
Gen 4: Main Char (Mounted Knight), alt (shieldman), alt (longbowmen), alt (heavy crossbow guy), alt (plated greatswordsman)
etc...

Offline dontgothere

• Count
  • Renown: 295
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: DONT_GO_THERE, ARTIEstrongestmanINTHEWORLD, WHERES_MY_CHIPPY, PINGAS, derpyhooves, George_Costanza
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2011, 08:31:32 pm »
I don't understand the objections, sorry.  Is there some kind of exploit inherent to my suggestion that I failed to see?

Offline Hunter_the_Honourable

• Count
  • Renown: 229
  • Infamy: 178
  • Killing fairy riders for the good of cRPG.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Anti-fairy riders.
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2011, 07:13:04 am »
It would be awesome if INT and CHA were added too, so it would be worthwhile for main chars to have trade, leadership, etc. Leadership could determine the number of alts you can have, trade decreases prices, training increases XP gain, blah blah blah. Main Chars should have some stat based edge over alts too (faster gain or something). Trade and leadership could perhaps carry over generation to generation somehow.

Main Chars who sacrifice combat ability for INT/CHA skills will have more alts, with better gear. Main Chars who max their combat ability will be godly forces of destruction, but be limited to one build, which might not work for all settings. They'd also have to rely more on their own personal ability to turn the tide of battles to gain because of their lack of trade/training.

This way, the Main char is like the head of your own mini faction and the alts are like the troop types you can field. As the main char increases in generations your access to better item technology would generally increase due to gradual pooling of gold.

Gen 1: Main char (Light Horseman). Invests in some Leadership, gets an alt (shieldman)
Gen 2: Main char (medium Horseman). Alt (Shieldman, now with heavy mail armor), alt (bowman)
Gen 3: Main Char (Medium Horseman), alt (shieldman again), alt (Longbowman), alt (crossbowman)
Gen 4: Main Char (Mounted Knight), alt (shieldman), alt (longbowmen), alt (heavy crossbow guy), alt (plated greatswordsman)
etc...

no....just no.
How can you trust People?
They are Humans
I never trust Humans.