Author Topic: we're back at CounterStrike medieval.  (Read 26752 times)

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
Re: we're back at CounterStrike medieval.
« Reply #270 on: June 15, 2011, 08:31:48 pm »
Same as some guys before you: you might wanna learn to read. It helps a lot.

You may want to read too. Few people are disputing the original post which says that the quantity of range are too high, most of us are disputing rather the posters in the thread who are bitching about Archery being easy mode etc. The OP I am just amused about, it is the off-topic "archery is ez mode/nerf archer/remove it" posts that I am responding to.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #271 on: June 15, 2011, 08:56:30 pm »
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 09:01:34 pm by Gnjus »
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Duerkos

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Basileia ton Romaion
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Duerkos
« Reply #272 on: June 15, 2011, 09:04:05 pm »
Why don't we stop this stupid discussion, agree that there are a lot of ranged now, and look for a solution?

As I said, I think the main problem are the maps. Most of them have plenty of spots for camping. Of course, good archers don't really camp, but the "pub archers" love camping. Perhaps without this, they would be more vulnerable, they would have to be alert always, and they wouldnt see archery as so easy as it is now.

Moving to crossbows, I think they should be nerfed a bit, specially the 1 slot ones. Either further lower the damage they do, or just make them take 2 slots. Most of the 2h/polearm are 2 slots, so why not?.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Adam_Bomb

• Knight
  • Renown: 54
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Im_With_Stupid, Someones_Alt
« Reply #273 on: June 15, 2011, 09:50:37 pm »
I don't know how you can watch with_stupid, every time i see him play i want to put infants in a blender.

Offline Penitent

• King
  • Renown: 1389
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Penitent_Turtler
« Reply #274 on: June 15, 2011, 10:32:47 pm »
There aren't too many archers or xbow guys.
Also, they aren't OP.

ur all dum.

Offline The_Bloody_Nine

• Marshall
  • Renown: 946
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "I am still alive"
    • View Profile

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #276 on: June 15, 2011, 11:20:02 pm »
Oh snap this was moved to game balance discussion.  :lol:
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Blondin

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • aka Blondie
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Blondin, Tuco, Sentenza
  • IRC nick: Blondin
« Reply #277 on: June 16, 2011, 12:26:39 am »
Why don't we stop this stupid discussion, agree that there are a lot of ranged now, and look for a solution?

I agree, this discussion is sterile, we do not understand each other, ranged like to play ranged and melee like to play melee, the most important being that everyone have fun.

Maps and possibility of the map (+ladders) causes with the help of tactics that a particular class will master the field, it's pretty hard to balance a map, so there's always be a hatred class and hatred behaviour/tactics (camping). I believe that official servers tend toward balanced map, seeking the fun of every players.
Personnal servers can do what they want, some will be melee only, some will be ranged friendly (owner of the server has the right to do what he wants, you have the right to not play on his server).
Btw, my main is shielder so i don't really have problem with ranged, and i started to play when archers were tank (plate, charger, laser sight machinegun), xbowman were bazooka (oneshot) and thrower were flame-thrower (total destruction at close range), i played each of them, it was fun.
Hell yeah, ranged are balanced now (Still there is a friendly ranged syndrom)

For me, the question is what will be Strategus?

« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 02:38:41 am by Blondin »

Offline EponiCo

• Baron
  • Renown: 92
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Aine
« Reply #278 on: June 16, 2011, 12:39:31 am »
What's the problem with ladders anyway? Since they take 2 or 3 slots I hardly see anyone carrying them let alone spam them. If someone likes to invest that to his team in a strategic spot it should be his choice.

Offline Shablagoo

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: June 16, 2011, 02:32:50 am »

As I said, I think the main problem are the maps. Most of them have plenty of spots for camping. Of course, good archers don't really camp, but the "pub archers" love camping. Perhaps without this, they would be more vulnerable, they would have to be alert always, and they wouldnt see archery as so easy as it is now.

Moving to crossbows, I think they should be nerfed a bit, specially the 1 slot ones. Either further lower the damage they do, or just make them take 2 slots. Most of the 2h/polearm are 2 slots, so why not?.

Again...22 out of 25 at least.  It's like they don't even pay attention.  Here's an idea.  Nerf 2handers and polearms.  Hopefully this will reduce their numbers equaling fewer people whining about ranged.  Maybe they'll go shield, which would lower the effectiveness of ranged indirectly.  THAT would be a step toward balance. 

Nerfing ranged even more would just send even more people toward the overpowered 2handers and polearms effectively solving nothing because even more people would be vulnerable to ranged and further bitching about it.  And of course any nerf to range further decreases the usefulness of shields, adding additional 2h and pa players on top of that.  With even more 2h and pa we'd need to nerf ranged again to stop the tears from even more people, continuing the vicious cycle until archery and xbows are equal in worthlessness to throwing.  Which i suppose is the ultimate goal.  The complete elimination of ranged, so everyone can run around spamming each other and basking in the joy of how skillful it is to wear full plate armor and use the highest damage, longest ranged melee weapons in the game. 

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • Renown: 467
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
  • Relax, it is just a life...
    • View Profile
    • Wanna work with me? Ping for more info!
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Fapulena, Useless
  • IRC nick: Cepeshi
« Reply #280 on: June 16, 2011, 04:56:13 am »
Again...22 out of 25 at least.  It's like they don't even pay attention.  Here's an idea.  Nerf 2handers and polearms.  Hopefully this will reduce their numbers equaling fewer people whining about ranged.  Maybe they'll go shield, which would lower the effectiveness of ranged indirectly.  THAT would be a step toward balance. 

Nerfing ranged even more would just send even more people toward the overpowered 2handers and polearms effectively solving nothing because even more people would be vulnerable to ranged and further bitching about it.  And of course any nerf to range further decreases the usefulness of shields, adding additional 2h and pa players on top of that.  With even more 2h and pa we'd need to nerf ranged again to stop the tears from even more people, continuing the vicious cycle until archery and xbows are equal in worthlessness to throwing.  Which i suppose is the ultimate goal.  The complete elimination of ranged, so everyone can run around spamming each other and basking in the joy of how skillful it is to wear full plate armor and use the highest damage, longest ranged melee weapons in the game.

funny how you cannot make a single response in serious tone...or, if you did, you failed hard man :D

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #281 on: June 16, 2011, 05:24:40 am »
Maybe they'll go shield

You seem to have forgotten that shields are gay and ez mode, reviled by any melee'er with skill and only used as a necessary evil vs the excess of ranged spam.   :twisted:
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Appe

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: June 16, 2011, 10:10:40 pm »
There aren't too many archers or xbow guys.
Also, they aren't OP.

ur all dum.

Oh really?

Fresh from the battlefield;

(click to show/hide)

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: June 16, 2011, 11:05:13 pm »
From Fallen Archers to all the QQers. Copyright Marrisae

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKYLqmt3ahE
« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 11:07:50 pm by Vibe »

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #284 on: June 17, 2011, 12:11:55 am »
I died when he announced his clan.  :lol: