Author Topic: Formation battles (Native)  (Read 708 times)

Offline RamsesXXIIX

• Count
  • Renown: 252
  • Infamy: 65
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Yes, I prey on the weak.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Ramses
Formation battles (Native)
« on: June 12, 2011, 02:12:32 pm »
Hey guys!

I know many of you have abandoned native a long time ago, but now is a good chance to return to your roots.

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,174971.0.html

This guy is trying to get it back up on its feet again, and i've agreed to help him as much as i can. We need as many people as we can to get this going (The more the merrier).

If you feel like helping, we could very much use it! If you got skills in photoshop or similar, we need it. Make a post here, or just go ahead and make a signature! If you do not have, we can still use your help. Discuss it ingame, on IRC or TS/Vent. Everything helps!

Hope i've peeked some of you guys interest, even thought many here don't play native :)

PS: I'll keep this thread updated with date and time, as well as any other information you need.

Offline okiN

• Marshall
  • Renown: 924
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Formation battles (Native)
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2011, 02:58:29 pm »
I'd much rather see a similar sort of event started for cRPG. I find the balance and gameplay feel in the mod so much better now than in Native that I generally prefer not to go back. It'd be good practice for Strategus, too.
Don't.

Offline Everkistus

• Marshall
  • Renown: 987
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • No good deed goes unpunished
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Everkistus
  • IRC nick: Everkistus
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2011, 03:51:53 pm »
I'd much rather see a similar sort of event started for cRPG. I find the balance and gameplay feel in the mod so much better now than in Native that I generally prefer not to go back. It'd be good practice for Strategus, too.
This x1000

Offline RamsesXXIIX

• Count
  • Renown: 252
  • Infamy: 65
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Yes, I prey on the weak.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Ramses
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2011, 04:10:29 pm »

I kinda expected this reply at some point.

Its very difficult to have formations in cRPG, mainly because everyone is so different! Formation require some degree of homogeneous(Probably spelled wrong) people. I'm not sure cRPG can do that.

But, what we can do is make big organised battles anyway. I feel there's a big difference between a big organised battle and a formation battle. The objective ain't same in the 2 scenarios.

We ARE already organizing big battles in cRPG. Aemalius seems to be working on it, although the process might be slow. If it grinds to a halt, you can feel confident the Fallen Brigade will take over. (And NOT necessarily turn it into clan e-peeing)

Summing up: Its on the way.

Offline okiN

• Marshall
  • Renown: 924
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2011, 05:00:14 pm »
Well, while the formation battle sundays in the old days had some good moments, there were always problems as well, and I doubt the success had much to do with the particular way Native works I frequently see cohesion and teamwork of the level we had back then just on cRPG battle servers. The only thing really missing is mass attendance and widespread use of TeamSpeak for better commanding.

Aemaelius' project is similar, but it has different aims. It's focusing on clan organization and competition rather than public access and spontaneity.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 05:01:51 pm by okiN »
Don't.