Author Topic: Horses Does Pretty Fast  (Read 2588 times)

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Horses Does Pretty Fast
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2011, 02:30:11 pm »
Yep it's kinda sad only light cavalry is viable in cRPG.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?

Offline Brutal

• Baron
  • Renown: 91
  • Infamy: 24
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Pecores_Brutal_le chacal Cold_stone Bazooka
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2011, 03:07:13 pm »
but it's not because cavalry is OP, but because people haven't learned to watch their backs.

Yea, just like when you kill someone in melee if only he had learn to block better and have better timing, in fact everything is balanced it's just people refusing to learn , duh !!!   :mrgreen:

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2011, 03:22:24 pm »
Learning to block properly and watching your back is a completely different thing.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2011, 03:52:50 pm »
So perhaps decrease tank-horse upkeep. Certainly make horses louder, if possible. Perhaps nerf the faster horses' maneuverability. Need to boost armor/hp to compensate (charge?).

Several complaints regarding 'loljumpslash'.

All of this. As it stands the "loljumpslashing" is nearly the only mean of defense against "lolracecarlancers", and it has still a very poor chance of success.

Also K/D doesn't say shit. It's usually lancers topping the boards, but it's not because cavalry is OP, but because people haven't learned to watch their backs.

I agree with what you said, but this is a bit like saying "those people should learn to avoid all arrows without a shield or to block three attack directions at the same time". Cav has the power of hitting exactly when their enemies are occupied, so the claim that people should learn to block it has little sense.

I'm also concerned about the state of internal cav balance. God, even BlueGreen was corrupted by those lancers and stopped doing 1h cav. It's both harder and more gold consuming (you need an expensive weapon, a better armor and ofc. a heavier horsie) to get the same effectiveness. Furthermore, 1h = defenseless against lancers. Only very good cav players can play that half-successfully.

Offline MountedRhader

• Count
  • Renown: 222
  • Infamy: 89
  • cRPG Player
  • Farewell, I am free
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2011, 12:34:35 am »
So perhaps decrease tank-horse upkeep. Certainly make horses louder, if possible. Perhaps nerf the faster horses' maneuverability. Need to boost armor/hp to compensate (charge?).

Several complaints regarding 'loljumpslash'.
You sum the dispute up quite well I think.

Offline tankmen

• Knight
  • Renown: 65
  • Infamy: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2011, 12:47:18 am »
i enjoy running straight into the enemy and see the fear in their eyes as i don't turn away, i do get to lance a guys in the back here n there but most of my enemies know I'm riding towards them, if they don't its cause their an archer. Also i tend to do ok 1h cav vs a guy on the ground, mostly because the shield force blocks even the horse, which is a little op but that tends to be where the ground peasants aim. That is one thing i don't get how some people cry cav are pussies yet when i fight you 1h on horse back all they try to do is kill my horse then kill me before i can get up,and let me explain how i mean 1h on horseback, most of the time its standing still with a bit of turning my horse, while fighting some foolish peasant. Which is hard on William(plafrey) because he cant take many hits and then they get 28 attacks on me before i can get up, with Lyla(destrier) i can do a little more horse to peasant combat but even she cant survive 2-3 2h swings(every ones 2h). My only true option to being able to get into the thick of the melee and still be on a horse is Hank(Champion Charger) or CC for short, he can get into a melee and ignore the weaker swing while still allowing me to stay mounted even against 2-4 2h swings, sometimes i even ride out of the melee mosh pit on Hank, most of the time i walk out, and a few times only Hank escapes the carnage.
The purpose of wearing plate has become nothing more than crippling yourself to look like a knight... or maybe its my lack of athletics

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2011, 01:18:45 am »
All of this. As it stands the "loljumpslashing" is nearly the only mean of defense against "lolracecarlancers", and it has still a very poor chance of success.

actually loljumpslashing is much more dangerous to slower moving tank horses because its easier to time/prepare than the racecarlancers

Offline MountedRhader

• Count
  • cRPG Player
  • Farewell, I am free
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2011, 01:24:59 am »
actually loljumpslashing is much more dangerous to slower moving tank horses because its easier to time/prepare than the racecarlancers
This.
I'm also sick of people calling cav pussies when I fight said people and they kill my horse then me like Tankmen said.

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2011, 05:40:32 am »
This.
I'm also sick of people calling cav pussies when I fight said people and they kill my horse then me like Tankmen said.

I've learned the hard way, sometimes in the initial charge to block and not even attempt an attack against any 2h sword user.  Assume they will loljumpslash.  This way they will think you're going to try and run them over on the 2nd pass, so wait to swing/chamber as long as you can.

Offline MountedRhader

• Count
  • cRPG Player
  • Farewell, I am free
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2011, 08:33:28 am »
I've learned the hard way, sometimes in the initial charge to block and not even attempt an attack against any 2h sword user.  Assume they will loljumpslash.  This way they will think you're going to try and run them over on the 2nd pass, so wait to swing/chamber as long as you can.
Thanks for the tip! :)
I'll try to test it later today

Cheers

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2011, 10:13:42 am »
I'm also concerned about the state of internal cav balance. God, even BlueGreen was corrupted by those lancers and stopped doing 1h cav. It's both harder and more gold consuming (you need an expensive weapon, a better armor and ofc. a heavier horsie) to get the same effectiveness. Furthermore, 1h = defenseless against lancers. Only very good cav players can play that half-successfully.

Really? What happened to "block down"  :o
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2011, 11:32:07 am »
You can't block a couched lance.
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?

Offline MountedRhader

• Count
  • cRPG Player
  • Farewell, I am free
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2011, 10:38:34 pm »
 I've seen 1 nomad lancer take down 1hand footmen/infantry with ease
All you have to do is crash into them and stab them. Even if they try to block with their only defensive capability besides normal blocking (which doesn't work either), you just crash into them and stab/slash or circle lance them until they get distracted or attacked, and then stab them.

Offline Seawied

• Knight
  • Renown: 45
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
  • Climbing in yo window, snatching yo people up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2011, 10:52:58 pm »
You can't block a couched lance.

A couched lance leaves the rider pretty exposed, and unlike other attacks from horseback, it requires several seconds to setup properly, giving the enemy plenty of time to prepare/find cover.
So with PT >10 stones become simple too effective
:lol:

Offline MountedRhader

• Count
  • cRPG Player
  • Farewell, I am free
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2011, 10:56:48 pm »
A couched lance leaves the rider pretty exposed, and unlike other attacks from horseback, it requires several seconds to setup properly, giving the enemy plenty of time to prepare/find cover.
I agree, as I am only a couching lancer.