Author Topic: "Accused of exploiting Awlpikes"  (Read 9635 times)

Offline Malicious

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: "Accused of exploiting Awlpikes"
« Reply #60 on: January 11, 2011, 07:56:22 am »
However, if an offense is large enough the bans might be shared, or similar information like what was given about yourself, however that doesn't mean an action on one server will carry over to the next one 100% of the time.

If I were you, Eckoll, I would be a little more careful with the "allegations" you hear coming from LLJK in the future. It was kind of demeaning having you call me out in front of the whole ATS server, and declare that I am under watch for the use of exploited game mechanics, and force me to PM you on the forums to get an idea of what you talking about. Just to find out that it was LLJK whining about their extremely high death count the other night.
DSM_King_IV

Offline Food

• Noble
  • Renown: 10
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: FOOD, AnimeGirl, BONK_BRO, Spam_More
« Reply #61 on: January 11, 2011, 08:11:27 am »
sweet post bro
Circlejerk (cool people): Literally_clan, Miley, Allers, Xenith_BRD, all_PIRATE_BROs, anyone with BRO in their name really, the Judges, HoboGhost_ATS, Wiegraf_BRD, like two LLJK maybe

Offline Beans

• Knight
  • Renown: 49
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: USA
  • Game nicks: USA_MEATMERCHANT_AMERICA
« Reply #62 on: January 11, 2011, 08:25:28 am »
If I were you, Eckoll, I would be a little more careful with the "allegations" you hear coming from LLJK in the future. It was kind of demeaning having you call me out in front of the whole ATS server, and declare that I am under watch for the use of exploited game mechanics, and force me to PM you on the forums to get an idea of what you talking about. Just to find out that it was LLJK whining about their extremely high death count the other night.

its a game bro, its not demeaning to get 'called out in front of the server'

Offline Malicious

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 11, 2011, 08:41:06 am »
I am a bro now!  :D
DSM_King_IV

Offline SPQR

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 19
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA
  • Game nicks: CSA_Gen_Robert_E_Leet
« Reply #64 on: January 11, 2011, 08:58:56 am »
ecko, you have tarnished the e-honor of innocent crpgers for the last time

i challenge you to a duel. practice swords at dawn

"It is well that war is so terrible - otherwise we would grow to fondle it." - Robert E Leet

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Snatch

• Noble
  • Renown: 19
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
  • Just dance
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
  • Game nicks: Lady Gaga
« Reply #65 on: January 11, 2011, 09:12:00 am »
At the OP, i turned on ban polls cuz people where saying what you were doing was an exploit. I have no clue what a lolstab is exactly but it was explained to me and i tried to explain to ecko. Anyways, i didn't think an outright ban was correct or even a kick. So i left it up to the community to decide what they wanted, since that is ScotTFO philosophy for the server. I turned on ban polls, you didn't get banned, but an LLJK did in the process which is quite funny.

EDIT: Direct quote from the banned goon "fuck you dumb fuckers, i'm not him!(DSM_King))

Offline XavierX

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: XavierX, Tycho, Javier, Zeus
« Reply #66 on: January 11, 2011, 09:17:44 am »
At the OP, i turned on ban polls cuz people where saying what you were doing was an exploit. I have no clue what a lolstab is exactly but it was explained to me and i tried to explain to ecko. Anyways, i didn't think an outright ban was correct or even a kick. So i left it up to the community to decide what they wanted, since that is ScotTFO philosophy for the server. I turned on ban polls, you didn't get banned, but an LLJK did in the process which is quite funny.

EDIT: Direct quote from the banned goon "fuck you dumb fuckers, i'm not him!(DSM_King))

And by community, in this instance, we mean lots and lots of goons.  :rolleyes:

Offline Food

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 11, 2011, 09:53:32 am »
 :rolleyes: indeed
Circlejerk (cool people): Literally_clan, Miley, Allers, Xenith_BRD, all_PIRATE_BROs, anyone with BRO in their name really, the Judges, HoboGhost_ATS, Wiegraf_BRD, like two LLJK maybe

Offline Vicious666

• Baron
  • Renown: 88
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
  • becouse an image is worth a thousand words
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vicious666_xXx
  • IRC nick: Vicious666
« Reply #68 on: January 11, 2011, 09:57:28 am »
In soviet russia  awlpike        exploit you

Offline Siiem

• Heretic
  • Duke
  • Renown: 611
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 11, 2011, 10:10:26 am »
All the polearms since the patch, at least to me, have been ridiculously fast in all their animations. I can pick up a war spear or long hafted blade and swing it around just as fast as my 2hander.

Bah, same thing goes when I pick up a 2h and swing it around. With 1 wpp it seems as fast.

Offline Snatch

• Noble
  • Renown: 19
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
  • Just dance
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
  • Game nicks: Lady Gaga
« Reply #70 on: January 11, 2011, 10:11:01 am »
And by community, in this instance, we mean lots and lots of goons.  :rolleyes:

Does the matter? In this instance, goons banned another goon. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

goddamn i really wish people would think before they post.

Offline Jacko

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 839
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fffnanguard!
  • Game nicks: Jacko
« Reply #71 on: January 11, 2011, 10:24:07 am »
In soviet russia  awlpike        exploit you
Monkeys!

Offline Malicious

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 11, 2011, 10:36:05 am »
Actually, he was banned by the server at large for being one of the many goons to spam ban polls on me.
DSM_King_IV

Offline Food

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 11, 2011, 12:24:13 pm »
So when you're the one kicked, it's something like 'fucking goons overpopulating a server, swinging votes unfairly'. But when a goon is BANNED it's just the will of the server, and everything is right with the world. 

perfectly logical

Offline EyeBeat

• Earl
  • Renown: 432
  • Infamy: 175
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 20th BEST PLAYER IN HOSPITALLER
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: EyeBeat_The_Wanderer
  • IRC nick: EyeBeat
« Reply #74 on: January 11, 2011, 01:58:12 pm »
For the past couple of days, I have been enjoying using an awlpike to great effect. I have been doing pretty well with it. Suffice to say, people have accused me of using "Lolstab" - Which, I am pretty sure, is specific to the 2hander thrust animation.

Irregardless of that being true or not, as far as I know, neither use are considered an "exploit." This was why it was to my absolute surprise that when I got onto the ATS server today, I was told by Eckoll_ATS that I was "being watched for exploitive game mechanic use."

After asking him what that was about, I was told that "the other NA server reported that I was using mechanics with my awlpike."

I don't know what to say to that.

I did say something about the awlpike thing you were doing a few days ago.  The animation is f'd on it.  You attack faster than the animation so when you keep doing it.... I notice it stacks and it is almost not predictable to know when the hits are going to land looking at the animation.  Though I never polled or suggested you to get banned for it.  I really do not care.  If anything it is chadz fault for allowing it to happen.  Hopefully it gets fixed.  I have a 14 ping to that server and I constantly went against you and tried to 1v1 you to figure out the problem.  So if anything chadz please take a look at it.  :)

The sentence stops here.  Goons are banned for legit reasons, because they're goons and do shit to get themselves banned.  It's their schtick.  They make it a point to try and be asshats, get banned, fling crap at each other while fapping to the glory of their e-douche status.

So wait the guy didn't get banned and an evil LLJK player got banned instead?  That is hilarious!   If anything this thread has a happy ending.  I have seen ATS ban LLJK and others for dumber reasons.   The Fallen Ones server is a cool place to be and it is pretty lax.  Have no idea why this guy made a thread even though he did not get banned from any servers.  Everyone else has a good time.  Also I noticed after playing on some of the other NA servers while TFO was down.... that many of the players that play on TFO are pretty fucking skilled. 

Probably should close the thread.  Or keep it open for the lulz.

« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 02:06:26 pm by EyeBeatWomen »

Being a smallish community doesn't entitle you to act more like a dick than other communities.