Author Topic: Changelog 0.210 (Items) + screenshots  (Read 23612 times)

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 984
  • Infamy: 1014
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
Re: Changelog 0.210 (Items) + screenshots
« Reply #120 on: January 11, 2011, 11:55:44 am »
As soon as I hit lvl 31 I'll roll an archer. Never been dedicated archer before, it's time to try one. I wanted to make a 1h+shield with xbows as ranged option and also optional horse from time to time but now that's way above 48500 I was aiming for (I wanted to use studded leather over mail not plate, spammitar + huscarl and light xbow).

Right now I'm 2h and it's fun, I've learned manual blocking a bit but it's kinda annoying dueling players who spam polearms (for some strange reason, they seem way faster than my bastard, not to mention the damage). Claymore was cool, even cooler now but it's kinda pricey and I'm missing the key ingredient to make a true Highlander and those are medium armors with kilts.

Ninja takes much more skill than I have atm, but buffed Katana may sway me in that direction (along with Shurikens and Snowflakes).

I'm not really sure what to do, be a easy peasy fotm friendly archer or roll something more unique but harder to play.

(Polearms on foot are retarded, I won't play that, I dislike axes and anything similar)

Edit: I didn't write friendly, it was just a F before agcher.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 11:58:49 am by Leshma »

Offline Helrekkr

• Noble
  • Renown: 16
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Shogunate_Helrekkr
« Reply #121 on: January 11, 2011, 11:59:18 am »
I'm going to switch to 2h, heirloom my nodachi and become the master samurai ! :P (and probably get killed by a random arrow in the face )

Offline Wiglaf

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 11, 2011, 12:03:04 pm »
whoa, whole lotta whining.
always consider this: when you are going out in your standard dress (<25k) you do make money. after playing like this for an hour you can go out in your noble dress (>25k) for some rounds. after that it's the standard dress. no such thing as naked grinding is needed.
additionally just wait for two weeks after some changes are made, wait and see how things develope. there is a specific psychological effect taking place, example: ppl think throwing is op so you see a lot of throwers - hence you get killed by throwers (not neccessarily because they are op, but there are more of them). so you think to yourself: "wow i get killed by throwers a lot, they must be op!" which could be wrong. [/example]
just wait and see...

Offline Helrekkr

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 11, 2011, 12:08:40 pm »
Yeah but I like sticking to a certain "in character" spec.

My former 1h/shield + xbow char is too expensive to maintain and not as fun anyway after the changes.

Plus I discovered manual blocking is a lot of fun and I simply love the Nodachi.

Add to that the fact that if I have light/medium/heavy strange armor which I can switch depending on funds/feel and still keep the overall "character" of my char :)

Offline AlexandertheGreat

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 11, 2011, 12:55:38 pm »
Adapt and survive, or... don't and be trampled underfoot by the latest set of balancing changes. Just because something is OP and you decided you wanted to use it, and it was changed shortly thereafter, don't bitch at us for wanting everything constantly fixed. There should be no single pieces of equipment in any category that are by far "the best weapon/armor" of that type...most games follow a pretty simple rock-paper-scissors scheme...pretty simple.

Offline dagann

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 11, 2011, 01:00:41 pm »
Flamberge :
- itcf_overswing_twohanded
+ itcf_overswing_polearm (type still two_handed)

I do not undertsand the point about flamberge and polearm.
What does that mean?
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 01:05:59 pm by dagann »

Offline Helrekkr

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 11, 2011, 01:13:01 pm »
uses polearm overhead animation i guess ?

Anyone got a pic of the changed strange armour ?
Also what's that about armor weight changes ?

Offline Warcat

• Earl
  • Renown: 396
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Warcat_ Village_Elder Merchant_of_Tulga Tavern_Keeper Guild_Master Ramun_The_Slave_Trader
« Reply #127 on: January 11, 2011, 01:25:20 pm »

Throwing Weapons :

Stones :
+ itcf_thrust_onehanded
Thrust damage 0 pierce now 12 blunt (swing still 12 blunt)

Now they are trying to ruin crpg. You try getting stoned with rocks and see if it does no damage. A well thrown rock to the side of an unarmored head can kill someone, but instead of giving them the buff they deserve you make them useless? This is an outrage. Why would they have pierce damage anyway  :evil:
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 01:27:18 pm by Warcat »
In memory of Fallen_Warcat_, member of Fallen Brigade, ruler of Zagush
Tavern_Keeper #1 NA shielder
Strategus City Improvement Project

Offline Siiem

• Heretic
  • Duke
  • Renown: 611
  • Infamy: 129
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 11, 2011, 01:27:25 pm »
You evil bastards.... change the heirloom modifier on poleaxes to "heavy" without warning first... I hate you.

Offline BoZo

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: _BERSERK_
« Reply #129 on: January 11, 2011, 01:50:24 pm »
Now they are trying to ruin crpg. You try getting stoned with rocks and see if it does no damage. A well thrown rock to the side of an unarmored head can kill someone, but instead of giving them the buff they deserve you make them useless? This is an outrage. Why would they have pierce damage anyway  :evil:

Erm, they just added a thrust move when using stones in melee mode...

Offline Paprik

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 11, 2011, 02:22:38 pm »
wait so am I paying twice as much for my crossbow (cost+upkeep) for basicaly the same damage and 1/3-1/4 speed compared to an archer? Jesus christ
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 02:23:49 pm by Paprik »

Offline Freland

• Count
  • Renown: 172
  • Infamy: 14
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Freland
  • IRC nick: Freland
« Reply #131 on: January 11, 2011, 02:23:11 pm »
Every horse was nerfed except the Palfrey. They probably only forgot to change it...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

each time you click the button, crpg gains popularity :D

Offline Warcat

• Earl
  • Renown: 396
  • Infamy: 40
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Warcat_ Village_Elder Merchant_of_Tulga Tavern_Keeper Guild_Master Ramun_The_Slave_Trader
« Reply #132 on: January 11, 2011, 02:51:24 pm »
Erm, they just added a thrust move when using stones in melee mode...

Oh , so they still do the same damage when thrown? Nevermind what I said earlier, crpg is in good hands.
In memory of Fallen_Warcat_, member of Fallen Brigade, ruler of Zagush
Tavern_Keeper #1 NA shielder
Strategus City Improvement Project

Offline Bratwurst

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 11, 2011, 03:39:47 pm »
My heavy german poleaxe (newly heirloomed) is gone and doesnt show up in my selkectable gear- it only shows on my char page.
Instead i have a simpe swiss pike ? Awesome ...

Offline Spawny

• Count
  • Renown: 152
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Templar_Spawny
« Reply #134 on: January 11, 2011, 04:26:46 pm »
whoa, whole lotta whining.
always consider this: when you are going out in your standard dress (<25k) you do make money. after playing like this for an hour you can go out in your noble dress (>25k) for some rounds. after that it's the standard dress. no such thing as naked grinding is needed.
additionally just wait for two weeks after some changes are made, wait and see how things develope. there is a specific psychological effect taking place, example: ppl think throwing is op so you see a lot of throwers - hence you get killed by throwers (not neccessarily because they are op, but there are more of them). so you think to yourself: "wow i get killed by throwers a lot, they must be op!" which could be wrong. [/example]
just wait and see...

This.

A fellow templar started a thrower because he thought it was easy mode as he got killed by thrown weapons often. He soon found out throwing is in fact quite hard and still has it's flaws (throwing weapons disappearing when thrown, throwing weapons passing through horses/enemies without hitting them, randomly flying off in random directions when thrown, aiming spot on without moving the mouse and only hit with the 3rd or 4th throw, stuff like that).

He's now back to building his archer.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The problem is even if you are number 1 in NA you are still only number 467 in EU or the worst in AUS(number 17)