Author Topic: Changelog 0.210 (Items) + screenshots  (Read 24128 times)

Offline forgivers

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Forgivers_PxC
Re: Changelog 0.210
« Reply #60 on: January 11, 2011, 02:18:54 am »
Not exactly. We have tested that too on naked guy with 0 ironflesh. He died after 2nd shot of Siege Crossbow with Steel bolts!

lie or bad testing ....  with 0wpf and siege crossbow you can 1 shot pretty much every  light armor and sometime medium....
dont try to make it look broke when it<s still ubber. vs medium/heavy armor you are more efficien then any archer ....

omg nerfed xbow ... lol not even close of the whole archer nerf
Actually, it's because I love playing archer, and I like it to be special.
Sad !

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #61 on: January 11, 2011, 02:19:41 am »
Ok, after few tests. We have checked it with Siege Crossbow and Very Strong Bow. One of test object was my character.

Equipment:
Light Strange Armor set.

Important stats:
Ironflesh 5

And now:
I will die after 3-4 shots of Strong Bow. Bodkin Arrows.
I will die after 3 shots from Siege Crossbow. Steel Bolts.

Why I'm writing this. Acording to this changelog bow worth around 7500 Gold is almost the same powerful as crossbow worth 17000! Now crossbows are useless since they don't have dmg advantage or speed advantage or accuracy advantage. It even costs a whole lot to repair it (around 900 gold!!). This is MADNESS.

You should test agisnt heavy strange armor, the bows will be twice the xbow, then try plate and it will triple.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Erasmas

• Earl
  • Renown: 483
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The crows had come
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Erasmas_the_Grey
« Reply #62 on: January 11, 2011, 02:24:24 am »
Ok, that may be true, Kesh, you know bows better. As to the tests - we were just shooting each other, standing still and aiming from the distance of appr 25 m. Tested on naked bodies and Light Strange Armour. The results are really suprising.... Liveon took 60% of my hp with very Strong Bow + Botkins....

What worries me most is that upkeep for Siege Xbow is more than 800k now and it costs 17k....
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 02:25:43 am by Erasmas »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Arris

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 11, 2011, 02:25:54 am »
You should test agisnt heavy strange armor, the bows will be twice the xbow, then try plate and it will triple.

I can test it with heraldic mail with surcoat, also even if what you say is true it doesn't justify increasing price that much. Heck that dmg nerf but this price is hilarious.

Offline forgivers

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Forgivers_PxC
« Reply #64 on: January 11, 2011, 02:27:02 am »
Ok, that may be true, Kesh, you know bows better. As to the tests - we were just shooting each other, standing still and aiming from the distance of appr 25 m. Tested on naked bodies and Light Strange Armour. The results are really suprising.... Liveon took 60% of my hp with very Strong Bow + Botkins....

What worries me most is that upkeep for Siege Xbow is more than 800k now and it costs 17k....

same team ?
Actually, it's because I love playing archer, and I like it to be special.
Sad !

Offline Erasmas

• Earl
  • Renown: 483
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The crows had come
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Erasmas_the_Grey
« Reply #65 on: January 11, 2011, 02:31:22 am »
One more thing - if the price of xbows will be same in Strategus, I doubt if you see Siege Xbow on many sieges...

In other words, if the upkeep reasonable limit is 25k, that means you can wear rags (Pilgim Disgiuse in my case), best xbow that does not kill (remember loading time), low tier 1H + low tier shield (siege xbow + steel bolts costs 20k!!!). Xbower does not seem to be a viable option anymore...  Eh...

Guys, to make it clear, I am not trying to compare xbows vs bows, they are used in different way, xbower usually (or used to) have sensible secondary weapon+1h, archers often have 1h or 2h "just in case" with little WPF.  Builts are different. I am just noting the differences after 0.210...

EDIT:

I just learned that regular xbow + regular bolts need 6 shots to kill guy in Heavy Strange Armour + Wisby Gauntlets with 0 WPF IF.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 04:36:21 am by Erasmas »

Offline Arris

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 11, 2011, 02:33:39 am »
Ok, just tested it in opposite team, the same characters, archer vs xbow in the same armors.

I would die after 3 shots while having 5 ironflesh, he would die after 2nd shot while having 0 irofnlesh.

Also i tested it on random archer who shot me and took smth like 1/4 of my hp. Soon i will test it on better armor.

EDIT: Tested it with Heraldic Mail with surcoat. I would also die after 3 shoots of Very Strong Bow...
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 02:44:26 am by Arris »

Offline Ganon

• Peasant
  • Renown: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Ganon, Linkk
« Reply #67 on: January 11, 2011, 02:59:08 am »
Is this changelog real ? Where do i find that file ?

Offline Engine

• Noble
  • Renown: 16
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 11, 2011, 03:00:24 am »
Damn... I heirloomed my Military Pick for nothing. First it went from Balanced to Heavy, and now the new pick (which is already faster) is getting a length buff and is almost a straight upgrade.

Give up 6 length for more speed and damage? No brainer, since as a pick user you are already doing your best to facehug.

Thank you for showing pick users some love by adding a new one... but may I please switch my heirloom over to the Steel Pick instead? :)

Offline magog_III

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 11, 2011, 03:03:31 am »
according to ur words it seems archers re more powerfull than xbows this is madness..unacceptable...

Offline StanleyPain

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: (>'.'<)(*)(*)(¯`·._) LLJK (¯`·._) (*)(*) (>'.'<)
« Reply #70 on: January 11, 2011, 03:08:13 am »
Not true - I have been making some tests with Arris - 0 IF, naked body needs two shots from short distance, by siege xbow. Guy with 5 IF needs three shots.  Siege xbow + steel bolts. 120 - 125 in xbows.

This is outright BS, or you tested incorrectly. As others have said, you can 1 shot people in light/medium armor. I have 5IF + studded leather and I consistently get 1 shotted. Pierce damage >> *

Offline Beans

• Knight
  • Renown: 49
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: USA
  • Game nicks: USA_MEATMERCHANT_AMERICA
« Reply #71 on: January 11, 2011, 03:12:20 am »
Damn... I heirloomed my Military Pick for nothing. First it went from Balanced to Heavy, and now the new pick (which is already faster) is getting a length buff and is almost a straight upgrade.

Give up 6 length for more speed and damage? No brainer, since as a pick user you are already doing your best to facehug.

Thank you for showing pick users some love by adding a new one... but may I please switch my heirloom over to the Steel Pick instead? :)

If you read the thread in announcements you will see he is refunding everyone heirlooms in a way.

Offline Arris

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 11, 2011, 03:14:43 am »
Last test we did was Siege Crossbow and Steel Bolts versus Very Strong Bow and Bodkin Arrows. Our target was character in Transitional Heraldic Armor with 5 Ironflesh.

To kill him archer needed 6 shots. And he was in heavy strange armor (idk if that affects his dmg).
Crossbow needed... 5 shots to kill guy in Transitional Armor. But let's say that he might kill him with 4 shots, that still doesn't make much difference considering xbow and bow speed rating.

FFS, only one shot difference? Not to menton that we are talking about bow that is in "middle of bow ladder" versus top crossbow. I hope you see where I'm coming from. Crossbows are just not worth their price. It's not another random cry since we have made few tests. That's not even advantage against heavy armors since bow will kill that can faster, he will kill can like that while crossbow will be in the middle of doing the same job... I just hope that's not last change in crossbows stats. Now off to get some sleep...

Last EDIT:
Quote from: Erasmas
I just learned that regular xbow + regular bolts need 6 shots to kill guy in Heavy Strange Armour + Wisby Gauntlets with 0 WPF.
He meant Ironflesh, not WPF (i think since our target had 0 IF).
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 03:21:38 am by Arris »

Offline Ishar

• Noble
  • Renown: 18
  • cRPG Player
  • Mr Shitgrin
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Ishar_III
« Reply #73 on: January 11, 2011, 03:20:01 am »
So let me get this right, Everything costs more, and is worse? Cool.

Hell yeah!
"Also, thank you for reporting your own post." Mylet

Offline Engine

• Noble
  • Renown: 16
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 11, 2011, 03:20:49 am »
If you read the thread in announcements you will see he is refunding everyone heirlooms in a way.

Thanks bud, just saw it. :)