Author Topic: Reset of all generations, xp and gold needed URGENTLY  (Read 5566 times)

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
Re: Reset of all generations, xp and gold needed URGENTLY
« Reply #45 on: June 09, 2011, 10:11:35 am »
You forgot about resetting money as well. No money, no buyers at 500000 gold.

Which means no one would sell their heirlooms...  EVER, marketplace would be gone essentially.  To be frank resetting wouldn't really fix anything, it would just force the guy who started the thread to find a new excuse for him dying.  The patches since january have already made all people within a few levels of each other most of the time and made heirlooms far less worthwhile, so there really isn't something to fix, if you are dying its most likely a) the people you are fighting have practiced and are good, b) you have not practiced and don't realize that unlike every shooter game out there you can't become a pro after 5 minutes of playing, or c) both of the above.  A lot of people ahve practiced for a long time, thats why they are doing better than you. 
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 10:16:34 am by Keshian »
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Siboire

• Knight
  • Renown: 43
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player
  • Sergentariá D'armas
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Occitan
  • Game nicks: Occitan_FullMetalJacket
« Reply #46 on: June 09, 2011, 10:54:22 am »
Which means no one would sell their heirlooms...  EVER, marketplace would be gone essentially.  To be frank resetting wouldn't really fix anything, it would just force the guy who started the thread to find a new excuse for him dying.  The patches since january have already made all people within a few levels of each other most of the time and made heirlooms far less worthwhile, so there really isn't something to fix, if you are dying its most likely a) the people you are fighting have practiced and are good, b) you have not practiced and don't realize that unlike every shooter game out there you can't become a pro after 5 minutes of playing, or c) both of the above.  A lot of people ahve practiced for a long time, thats why they are doing better than you.

100% true.

Also, troll thread maker, you said
you would be the first to create a new character and enjoy the new fun involved in it.
right? ... Then why dont u just do it and have fun lvling ur character? Plz stop crying over the fact that u get beaten by better players! If it's so fun, why do u need to put everybody to ur "lvl" instead of getting better and higher lvl?

You also said:
I also agree that players should be able to get more powerful then others, if they play well. But not because they invested 500 hours more in a computer game.

Ok first off: 3 heirlooms (max number of heirlooms) only give +3 damage and +1 speed to a weapon. It's not the +3 damage nor the +1 speed that made u die but the fact that he killed u cuz he is more experienced. You're contradicting urself young lad, heirlooms, no heirlooms, they would still kick ur ass. Heirlooms only give a slim advantage. Resetting would change nothing but destroy the whole market system.

And like others said: removing heirlooms/gold would only make heirloom prices go sky high but with nobody with enough gold...
Haven't you learned the rule of rarity? (Something learned by everybody in high school or simply with logic) The rarer something is, the more it's expensive! Maybe ur the one with "the small amount of light in this thread."

So quite crying and get back on the duel server and stay there until u understand.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 11:06:16 am by Siboire »

Offline Torp

• Knight
  • Renown: 66
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
  • Do evil to others before they do evil to you
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Kenkyaku
  • IRC nick: Torp
« Reply #47 on: June 09, 2011, 11:23:53 am »
Agreed... heirlooms arent that important anymore (Armor heirlooms are actually the best atm imo)

I have earned a shitload of heirlooms from trading, but that is mostly just for the style :D

Now to get back on topic;
I don't think this is a good idea as a reset won't make new players kill veterans, since this game is all about skill (which is why i play it), and not about items and lvls.
Anyone can get to lvl 27-30 which is all that is needed to do well, the heirlooms are just a small bonus for people wo invest a lot of time in this game, and if that bonus is removed, some people might see their time as 'wasted'.
I don't really know how i would react to a reset, but i can imagine that i wouldn't play alot anymore, i would probably only play when there's 10+ clanmates in one server, as that is the most fun part of this game.

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
« Reply #48 on: June 09, 2011, 11:46:49 am »
Agreed... heirlooms arent that important anymore (Armor heirlooms are actually the best atm imo)

Actually, xbows and bows are the best heirlooms, in that order. Then comes armor.

Back to topic. Nah, never mind, everything was already said by more experienced player than me.
-1 for the OP for : -troll thread and/or -Putting the fact that he dies as a fault from the game and experienced gamers, rather than his own incompetence.

Really, the devs have worked like crazy to make this game attractive, yet new-players-friendly. Veteran players still have fun playing it for the syle and the bonus (i got a MW weapon, mouhahahaha), while new players can automatically go to lv30 to see what the game can "give" them. Saying that the games needs a reset is like saying all their efforts were meaningless... wich is definitely not the case.
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;

Offline Glaurung

• Knight
  • Renown: 49
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Glaurung, Fallen_Gnome, Fallen_Bernard_le_renard
« Reply #49 on: June 09, 2011, 04:22:21 pm »
Anyone can get to lvl 27-30 which is all that is needed to do well, the heirlooms are just a small bonus for people wo invest a lot of time in this game, and if that bonus is removed, some people might see their time as 'wasted'.
I don't really know how i would react to a reset, but i can imagine that i wouldn't play alot anymore, i would probably only play when there's 10+ clanmates in one server, as that is the most fun part of this game.

See, this is what I find ridiculous. You guys are basically saying you play the game ONLY to get the in game rewards. That's an odd statement,  to say the least. In my point of view, the rewards I get are just the consequence of me playing the game. Because let's look at this, there is no way to get them faster. You can't grind in this game. You can't "work" for your rewards. You just get them after a certain time (an average 100 hours?). I don't understand why you guys keep pretending otherwise. The heirlooms cannot be the reason you play this game.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 04:28:35 pm by Glaurung »

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 09, 2011, 04:58:16 pm »
See, this is what I find ridiculous. You guys are basically saying you play the game ONLY to get the in game rewards. That's an odd statement,  to say the least. In my point of view, the rewards I get are just the consequence of me playing the game. Because let's look at this, there is no way to get them faster. You can't grind in this game. You can't "work" for your rewards. You just get them after a certain time (an average 100 hours?). I don't understand why you guys keep pretending otherwise. The heirlooms cannot be the reason you play this game.

There is a way to get things faster, it's called a multiplier.

Also, the gamer psyche is pretty complex. Not all players are motivated by the same things, and some strong achievers/collectors might really play it mostly because of the heirlooms and the overall feeling of progress. They would leave if the full reset was done.

I wouldn't leave, but I would also mourn my "lost investment" a little.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?

Offline v/onMega

• Count
  • Renown: 234
  • Infamy: 67
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bearzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_vMega
« Reply #51 on: June 09, 2011, 05:45:05 pm »
This mod is as friendly to new players as I never thought it could get.

Any step closer to native, a reset or any new change by the nerfelopers could be the end of this mod.

Id say there is a huge base of players that is past the state of excitement...
The reason they keep playing is addiction and a huge lack of alternatives.

As many ppl said before, playing a game for hundreds // thousands of hours make you laugh about such threads.

Grind like many did before and talk afterwards, not before, egoistic cunt.

Offline Glaurung

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 09, 2011, 06:33:01 pm »
Grind like many did before and talk afterwards, not before, egoistic cunt.

Quite ironic. You guys are out of control. The first post was very friendly and very respectful, yet some of you hordes of heirloom-eating zombies went apeshit on the guy,  insulted him and just lacked any good forum manners, in answer to a simple suggestion. And he's suppose to be the so-called troll.

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 09, 2011, 06:37:09 pm »
Quite ironic. You guys are out of control. The first post was very friendly and very respectful, yet some of you hordes of heirloom-eating zombies went apeshit on the guy,  insulted him and just lacked any good forum manners, in answer to a simple suggestion. And he's suppose to be the so-called troll.

What he said wasn't a "simple suggestion", but a troll-thread. As such, don't expect honest players to let it pass.
Even if a lot "are" overreacting.
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"

Offline Glaurung

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 09, 2011, 06:42:09 pm »
I don't understand, how can you be so sure he tried to enrage you on purpose? You guys can just declare a thread as "troll-thread"?
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 06:48:23 pm by Glaurung »

Offline El_Infante

• Count
  • Renown: 167
  • Infamy: 60
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tercio_Alejandro_Farnesio
« Reply #55 on: June 09, 2011, 06:46:00 pm »
At this moment, the guy that started thread have -48 awesomebar :-)

You don't need any heirloom to play, there are many good players that are 1st generation, without retirement and top the scoreboard often. Why reset? Those that wasted hours of playing to get their heirloom, get back to gen1 because of a peasant rage? No.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 09, 2011, 06:49:18 pm »
I think this would mathematically make things easier for me. My main is "only" gen 6. Worse yet, I play with a gen 1 alt all the time  :lol:

But I know that it will be done sooner or later, for whatever reason (Strategus could be one). And I don't really care anyway.

Now, what would you say if Kesh said this ?

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #57 on: June 09, 2011, 06:52:55 pm »
At this moment, the guy that started thread have -48 awesomebar :-)

You don't need any heirloom to play, there are many good players that are 1st generation, without retirement and top the scoreboard often. Why reset? Those that wasted hours of playing to get their heirloom, get back to gen1 because of a peasant rage? No.

Its obvious he´s just trying to race me to -1000...

Hes next thread will be an archer nerf thread or xbow nerf thread or nerf gold income thread or xp nerf .... or better yet nerf 2h thread
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 09, 2011, 06:57:19 pm »
I don't understand, how can you be so sure he tried to enrage you on purpose? You guys can just declare a thread as "troll-thread"?

If only one thing to quote, it will be this :
The "+5 gold per generation you had".  :rolleyes:

How do you want to take a post seriously if he wants a reset, so gen1 new player goes back to gen1, no gold. And gen 15 very old player goes back to gen 1 and 70 gold. XD

Edit: Hum.... Maths + Alcohol = Nonsense.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 07:43:18 pm by Bulzur »

Offline EponiCo

• Baron
  • Renown: 92
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Aine
« Reply #59 on: June 09, 2011, 07:00:49 pm »
70 gold.