Author Topic: Whats up...  (Read 1243 times)

Offline YourLord

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
  • Hail to the King Baby!
    • View Profile
Whats up...
« on: June 07, 2011, 03:57:12 pm »
Hi there community :)

Could someone explain to me what the fuck has happened here:?:
(Haven't played for a month or so, come back and everything is upside down...)

Why is everything so useless now??? I see everything got nerfed?!
I used to love this game because almost everything was viable,
I would be running around swinging my 2h or Hally and I would meet all sorts of dangers on my way:
Deadly Throwers, Crazy Agi spammers, Spamitars, Pike masters, Staffspammers, Xbowshotgun to da face, HuscarlTurtles.

First playing on the server I was a bit confused to how bland everything has become, but after reading the forums I got really sad. What the fuck devs?!?!?
I hate this sort of balance, I rather have all charracter types overpowered than having everything bland and uninteresting.

I understand that I did not really explain any real gripes I have with the new balance, but that would just be insane wall of text.
But all in all, I feel the game got really simple and no one charracter on the field carries any real value anymore. (its just like games where tactics are about using teamwork to kill a single person)

P.S (I have many characters Pure 2H, Pole/throwing hybrid, 1h/Shield, Cav)

Update... :D

I need to play a bit more before I can create a more constructive post in details, but so far my thoughts are:

Don't really know if this is because of people adjusting to new patch or what, it seems like the game got allot more boring to me. And i don't think its due to my leet skillz, not crying because I cannot top the charts anymore or anything like that.
 I am well... sad, because all of a sudden I don't feel the intensity of battle anymore. I don't feel like I need to keep moving to stay alive. Its mostly due to all ranged nerfs I suppose.

I will be running around in my transitional pawning people with no fear. I mean I pretty much mindlessly run in with my 2h or whatever and my goal is to score a 3to1 ratio and then I don't even care what happens. And usually nothing much happens I just end up doing something silly or make a mistake and get hit in da face and die. (No Helmet ftw)
 Before it used to be a bit more interesting than that, evading all the crap flying around :D, even though I do get hit by some arrows or bolts sometimes those don't usually even bother me (1/4 hp pfft a flesh wound :D). It also seems to me like everything got a lot slower, this I suppose because there are less agi on most chars because of the weapon requirements? (might just be the 2H nerfs or something though)
 Ohh.... and pike/spear users, I haven't seen a single one yet. I think today I will give my Pole/throwing hybrid a whirl, don't think i will be able to throw those axes anymore though lawlz.

It is hard for me to come up with real examples because I have to dig in my memories for the things that made me love the game back then, and not whats new right now. My dissatisfaction (you call it ranting, crying..) lie within the game getting dumbed down. I don't understand why people should not be able to create powerful characters, I was always against stupid archer nerfs, but the new throwing adjustments are just laughable.

I like the weapon limiting though, I also like the new smaller packs of throwing weapons. If only you could pick up all the throwing weapons from the bodies, otherwise pure throwers are gimped. (I haven't really played my thrower yet, but I red that there are new requirements to equip the throwing weapons. And those might be out of wack too I imagine, since they were basically aimed to kill the hybrid class)
Thats another gripe I've got with the way things are going, why so much hate for hybrids? I had both Pole/Thrower and pure 2H through the course of this mod, and my pure would always give me more killing power and reliability in close combat. My thrower hybrid on the other hand sometimes was much more fun to play, but in no way was hybrid OP or anything.

I think I should put a word on lolstab here too. I think it sucks and its overnerfed, I was one of those people that actually did not like lolstab. I had to learn to use it to be able to compete though, I still think it was crazy fast and all that. But what is left of it now is well.... , especially the crazy thing that happens when you cannot block after enemy blocks your stab is just bs.

PS. Wall of Text!!!
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 09:03:03 am by YourLord »
Its time to kick ass and eat granola...

Offline Thucydides

• Baron
  • Renown: 129
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player
  • I shat Uranus
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Thucydides
Re: Whats up...
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2011, 04:19:23 pm »
i blame the crying noobs

Offline Espu

• The good
  • Count
  • Renown: 261
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Espu
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2011, 05:26:27 pm »
Thanks for constructive feedback, always appreciated.

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2011, 05:52:39 pm »
YourLord.....yeah, i remember your wild brainless spamming.....you can still do it, you know ? So no, nothing is wrong here.
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2011, 06:07:25 pm »
Everything is useless? Only throwing no longer scares me, though there is a small level of respect left depending on the opponent.

We still have Crazy Agi spammers (though they are no longer the flavor-of-the-month thus they have dropped in numbers), Spamitars are still present, Pike Masters are still running around (Walt is a good example for NA players and there are a few others too) just remember that the pike was renamed Long Spear and the New Pike is a different animal, Staffspammers? I died more then a few times yesterday to a lunatic using a banded staff. Xbowshotgun to the face? Ever met Chaos? How about on EU and the hord of crossbows that a few crusader clans sometimes use (crossbows are a common sidearm more then ever now), Huscarl turtles? How about ATS? You also forgot to mention the stupid numbers of Cav... or anything else too...

Crushtrough is less common, and besides throwing I am seeing a noticable hit in Barmace users, but I am ok with that.

Have you met the new Longbow perchance? A MW user instead of slapping you with 42-ish cut is now slapping you with around 36 Pierce, a lot more scary in my opinion.

Can you tell me the specifics of what you find worse, and how it is worse?

The reason why you may be seeing less of Weapon_X is likely due to a combination of a newer Flavor-Of-The-Month effect and the effect of having new weapons added (thus diluting the amount of people using the same thing, like the popular Shashka, even new armors were added).

People just discovering the new patch and hating it is old news, we already went through it when it first came out, along with a similar thing with every other patch... I suggest you get over it quickly so you can catch up with the majority of the c-RPG players who have already done so.

Welcome to the party.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 06:09:10 pm by Tears_of_Destiny »
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2011, 06:23:15 pm »
Tears pretty much covered it all  :lol:
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 06:27:23 pm by Tzar »
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline Blondin

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • aka Blondie
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Blondin, Tuco, Sentenza
  • IRC nick: Blondin
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2011, 06:25:42 pm »
Yeah, Rambo is dead...

Offline Elindor

• King
  • Renown: 1178
  • Infamy: 158
  • Caelitus mihi vires
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Order of the Holy Guard
  • Game nicks: Elindor
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2011, 07:12:39 pm »
Oh no, teamwork!?!?!?
We can't have that.

Lolz
Elindor, Archon of the Holy Guard
Holy Guard Thread :HERE
Banner Shop : HERE // Map Thread : HERE

Offline YourLord

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
  • Hail to the King Baby!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2011, 09:01:00 am »
UPDATE :D  :shock:

Offline Chaos

• Noble
  • Renown: 11
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Takeda
  • Game nicks: Chaos_Takeda, Spec_Ops_Chaos_Takeda
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2011, 09:41:38 am »
Xbowshotgun to the face? Ever met Chaos?

HEY I don't... yeah okay. I was going to contest this, but then I remembered I literally ran up to you with my arbalest aimed in your direction and shot you while actively facehugging you. Its what I do to archers when they dont stop moving   :mad: 

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2011, 02:14:40 pm »
your playing on EU and fail to see any pikeman, seriously are you blind.

most clans run around with 1 or two pikeman nearly all the time, maybe you don't notice cos your too busy running in and spamming you two hander.

out of interest what servers do you play on most regularly?
Turtles

Offline YourLord

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
  • Hail to the King Baby!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2011, 02:41:54 pm »
your playing on EU and fail to see any pikeman, seriously are you blind.

most clans run around with 1 or two pikeman nearly all the time, maybe you don't notice cos your too busy running in and spamming you two hander.

out of interest what servers do you play on most regularly?

I usually play any most populated EU server, I am playing 1-2 Hours tops though (I am actually posting from my work only haha). Maybe I am blind though, today I will use my pike and see how it goes.
Have played siege mostly due to 2 of my friends I convinced to play M&B :) , siege is more noobfriendly. But yeah, on siege I never see anyone with pikes really. Neither do I see any cav there and those two are linked, because I was referring to actual pike men who only use pikes as a weapon not anticav.

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2011, 03:21:45 pm »
Yeah i'm part time pike man and full time arsehole and i can assure you on battle servers like eu1 and pecores there are always a decent number of pikeman, especially in the large melee.

I go there to steal kills and chuckle to myself.
Turtles

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2011, 05:17:07 pm »
You can also see some long spears on siege. I used one from time to time.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?