Author Topic: Throwing... could you possibly make it any more useless?  (Read 24934 times)

Offline Cheap_Shot

• Count
  • Renown: 244
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Throwing... could you possibly make it any more useless?
« Reply #255 on: July 13, 2011, 06:32:40 am »
I don't care how you "cut" it. 9 axes in any armor should be dead, period.

Yeah, there's no reason to be "blunt" about this, 9 axes not killing someone gives me a "piercing" headache.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 06:56:20 am by Cheap_Shot »
I'll throw even when the weapons are gone. I can always throw punches and throw up.

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #256 on: July 13, 2011, 09:03:04 am »
working as intended
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 09:13:56 am by Gorath »
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #257 on: July 13, 2011, 09:53:34 am »
Just imagine that those axes bounced off the armor(which would happen in reality, I'm sure) and use a piercing throwing weapon when targeting tincans.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: July 13, 2011, 09:55:08 am »
Throwing hammers man, that's all I'll say. Freaking 2 shots horses.

Offline Spawny

• Count
  • Renown: 152
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Templar_Spawny
« Reply #259 on: July 13, 2011, 10:29:04 am »
I played around with my heavy wardarts and people dropped like flies.

The most hits I needed was 3 against a guy in transitional. Most likely, all of them were allready hurt before I took a shot at them... Best thing though, I actually hit where I was aiming in short range distances.

Anyway, does anyone know the new wpf requirement for PT (if it was changed)?

And why are my wardarts only marginally more accurate than higher tier throwing weapons?...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The problem is even if you are number 1 in NA you are still only number 467 in EU or the worst in AUS(number 17)

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #260 on: July 13, 2011, 12:12:46 pm »
with 8 PT I was able to drop anyone in 3 or so axes last night :P and if i meet a tin can i pull out the good ole throwing lance :P
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline Cheap_Shot

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: July 14, 2011, 01:28:26 am »
Just imagine that those axes bounced off the armor(which would happen in reality, I'm sure) and use a piercing throwing weapon when targeting tincans.

Are you kidding me?  :? Just pretend that hitting a guy 9 times with a heavy axe at 6 powerthrow shouldn't kill him? Or pretend that armor isn't extremely overpowered now?

Just pretend that the nine axes I planted into that guy before he killed me "bounced off" instead of killing him. Ridiculous.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 01:57:15 am by Cheap_Shot »
I'll throw even when the weapons are gone. I can always throw punches and throw up.

Offline Cheap_Shot

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: July 14, 2011, 03:33:13 am »
+5

Very dumb.

Offline Peasant_Woman

• Earl
  • Renown: 438
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Unofficial Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ninja, Ming, Companions, Cavemen
  • Game nicks: Peasant_Woman, Ninja_Ninja, Ming_Ninja, Companion_Ninja.
« Reply #263 on: July 14, 2011, 03:37:06 am »
+1
Are you kidding me?  :? Just pretend that hitting a guy 9 times with a heavy axe at 6 powerthrow shouldn't kill him? Or pretend that armor isn't extremely overpowered now?

Just pretend that the nine axes I planted into that guy before he killed me "bounced off" instead of killing him. Ridiculous.
It is ridiculous.

Maybe instead it should take that tincan 9 swings to kill you, and he can imagine that the negative speed bonus from wearing a small car for armor made them all bounces. Maybe we could tickle, cajole and persuade the game mechanics into producing a situation that is both believable and fair to both the thrower and the tincan.
Maybe you are not bad, but you are a boring person. Well, that's the end of the matter.
Guide to map making
My Maps

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #264 on: July 14, 2011, 05:05:57 am »
It is ridiculous.

Maybe instead it should take that tincan 9 swings to kill you, and he can imagine that the negative speed bonus from wearing a small car for armor made them all bounces. Maybe we could tickle, cajole and persuade the game mechanics into producing a situation that is both believable and fair to both the thrower and the tincan.

Sounds like we already have the bolded/underlined part.  Plate armor weighed less than what modern combat infantry carry around, and it is/was more evenly distributed as well.  It hindered mobility extremely little. 

Also your throwing axe, unless thrown at 100+ mph by some super-roided baseball pitcher (and probably even then), would MAYBE dent the plate armor at BEST.  Want to hurt a plater?  Use a piercing weapon, and even then it's barely believable that a throwing spear would hurt someone in plate armor considering that plate deflected fucking arrows which are flying at much higher speeds and with greater concentrated force than any thrown weapon is.   :rolleyes:

Offline Slantedfloors

• Baron
  • Renown: 135
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
  • Game nicks: LLJK_Slanted
« Reply #265 on: July 14, 2011, 05:20:16 am »
+1
Sounds like we already have the bolded/underlined part.  Plate armor weighed less than what modern combat infantry carry around, and it is/was more evenly distributed as well.  It hindered mobility extremely little. 

Also your throwing axe, unless thrown at 100+ mph by some super-roided baseball pitcher (and probably even then), would MAYBE dent the plate armor at BEST.  Want to hurt a plater?  Use a piercing weapon, and even then it's barely believable that a throwing spear would hurt someone in plate armor considering that plate deflected fucking arrows which are flying at much higher speeds and with greater concentrated force than any thrown weapon is.   :rolleyes:
I agree. Sticking to historicity, in a game where equipment separated both by vast distances and centuries of time (and degrees of fictionalization), is clearly more important than having a good game balance.

To continue the theme of historical accuracy I believe all characters should be afflicted with rickets, and you should randomly die of one of the many rampant diseases of the period. There is no respawning, and you never get to play with that character again.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 05:22:55 am by Slantedfloors »

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: July 14, 2011, 08:59:10 am »
To continue the theme of historical accuracy I believe all characters should be afflicted with rickets

100% of the human race had rickets?

Offline Cheap_Shot

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: July 14, 2011, 09:15:51 am »
Hurp derp, historically no one wore samurai armor while using giant english two handed swords. Historically, people wearing plate armor didn't jump and spin a few times in the air before helicopter killing someone. Historically people wearing heavy armor would tire quickly from exertion. Historically no one could switch between long awkward weapons easily while moving, and they couldn't store those weapons in some kind of invisible compartment in their asses. Historically all our characters should be deseased, dieing of plagues and illnesses, and every cut should become infected and be amputated with non sterile tools leading to death. Hell, historically no one ever "respawned" after dieing. Historically, life wasn't a video game, and historically, someone with nine axes stuck in them wouldn't be running around swinging. They'd be history.

Historically, History arguments in video games are a pathetic last ditch attempt to say "I'm right" and feel smug. Back in the present, the changes to damage are not balanced, and have just made cut weapons useless, and armor very overpowered. Remember we are actually talking about a video game and not real life. I know some of you have trouble making the distinction, but our main concern should be overall balance, and not realism. Right now the only weapons that can kill people who aren't already next to death are the heaviest, most expensive, and slowest, and the only way to make them do damage is to take lots of powerthrow. Which is what the devs have been trying hard to prevent. This new damage system needs to be taken back to the drawing board. The changes are effecting a lot more then just throwing. If at any point money can overwhelm skill, then a problem is arising.

But all those points are redundant. Show that screen shot or comic to anyone, and they will laugh and say "that's ridiculous".

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #268 on: July 14, 2011, 11:17:53 am »
Ok, enough bullshitting. You have had you fun.

6 PS, 158 wpf (lets say 140 with armor), 18 str, heavy throwing axes(44c)
Bodyshot(no headshot like in the picture) against 70 armor(which is a decent tincan imo):
Average damage prepatch: 16
Average damage postpatch: 13

You have had your fucking decent buff with strongly increased accuracy for good throwing weapons and a nice slot nerf / ammo count buff. It shares the indirect damage nerf against high end armor melee got.
Deal with it.  :)->8-)  Look for another target to throw cutting weapons at. And in another threads people complain that devs dont care about tincans. My opinion is that investing in the most expensive armors should result in decent protection from at least cutting ranged.

I usually use an italian sword(30c) with 6 PS and 18 str. Against the said 70 armor tincan I'd do 5 avr damage, so it would take about 20 hits for a kill. I usually go for another target instead in a group fight.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 12:14:29 pm by Paul »

Offline Spawny

• Count
  • Renown: 152
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Templar_Spawny
« Reply #269 on: July 14, 2011, 11:41:30 am »
I have no trouble taking down armoured people with wardarts :)

They're slow, so they don't dodge very well and I usually end up taking them out with 5-6 hits if they had full health.

Use those throwing axes on other targets or just bring a single throwing lance.

The problem is even if you are number 1 in NA you are still only number 467 in EU or the worst in AUS(number 17)