Author Topic: Temporary crash fix......  (Read 602 times)

Offline UhtredShield

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Temporary crash fix......
« on: June 04, 2011, 07:49:58 am »
Some people including me are having problems with game crashing when joining a server. I've tried many things suggested by forumers and some are more helpful than another. Then one day I couldn't join a server at all without crashing. Frustrated, I went native and play on a duel server for 10 minutes. After that I went ahead with trying crpg without alerting the graphic settings like I normally would've done to try to avoid crashes. Amazingly, I didn't crash when I join a server. Then I realise something. By playing native with people in them I forced my computer to save certain aspect of the game to computer memory. Then by loading crpg afterwards, the game just use the old memory instead of creating a new one. Thus avoid the bugged textures(no offense devs....) so now before I play crpg i would play native multiplayer first for few minutes, close up, launch crpg and play without any error. I'm able to play it with direct 9. Before i was playing with direct 7, and still I would consider myself lucky if the game does not crash on me.

So here's the quick fix for people who's having a lot of problem with the game crashing on them to try.

First. Play native. Join a duel server with people in them. This is important since you want to load as many textures to memory as possible. It might not have to be duel server but I haven't try any other so I'll stick with what works. Close the game. Switch to crpg and enjoy.

Hope this thread help some people, it works for me at least.

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
Re: Temporary crash fix......
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2011, 09:06:32 pm »
Have you tried unchecking the option 'load textures on demand' from the configuration screen BEFORE you launch the game?

Offline UhtredShield

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Temporary crash fix......
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2011, 09:11:20 pm »
Ill give that a shot tonight. Btw we played yesterday... well more like me dying and spectating you.