Author Topic: Piercing Arrows, but cutting bows = problem?  (Read 477 times)

Offline Meloncat

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Piercing Arrows, but cutting bows = problem?
« on: June 03, 2011, 06:48:06 pm »
It's a naive question, but I was wondering if there's a disconnect between the piercing damage bonus given by arrows and the cutting damage of bows. In theory wouldn't the bonus to piercing be null and void for arrows, since bows do no piercing damage anymore? If that's the case, I'd suggest switching arrows to boost cutting damage rather than piercing, as it'd mean upgrading them is pointless.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
Re: Piercing Arrows, but cutting bows = problem?
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2011, 06:50:01 pm »
It is the base of the weapon that determines your damage, so if the bow is cutting then the whole thing is considered cutting, last  checked.

I think they are still called piercing simply for tradition's sake as well as confusing people.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Glyph

• Baron
  • Renown: 143
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • Turbulence incoming
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Horris
Re: Piercing Arrows, but cutting bows = problem?
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2011, 08:52:58 pm »
It is the base of the weapon that determines your damage, so if the bow is cutting then the whole thing is considered cutting, last  checked.

I think they are still called piercing simply for tradition's sake as well as confusing people.
there are/were a lot of topics about arrow types that should be changeable. and people said it was impossible. but... if you change the weapon type damage, that automaticly changes the arrow damagetype :wink:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Glyph you have obsessive Horse Archer and Horse hatred.
- Official diagnosis :)