Author Topic: more chadzhate incoming - heirloom theft  (Read 44891 times)

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: more chadzhate incoming - heirloom theft
« Reply #210 on: February 17, 2011, 10:20:48 pm »
+1
And you won't get speed or wpf reductions because you can turn light armor into plate.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Torp

• Knight
  • Renown: 66
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
  • Do evil to others before they do evil to you
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Kenkyaku
  • IRC nick: Torp
« Reply #211 on: February 17, 2011, 10:42:42 pm »
+1
+12 body armor makes the difference. It's like playing in plate that can be used all the time.

i dont think plate is better, as it slows you down too much - the advantage of heirlooms is that you dont get that extra weight - but i dont think it's that OP

Offline UrLukur

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 19
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: February 17, 2011, 10:46:55 pm »
+1
i dont think plate is better, as it slows you down too much - the advantage of heirlooms is that you dont get that extra weight - but i dont think it's that OP

Yup, so it's plate protection without downsides.
"Clava curva pie vinco"

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: February 18, 2011, 12:46:44 pm »
+1
I think chadz created this system for grinders because in reality, even if every single thing you possessed was triple heirloomed, its actually a rather small advantage in the grand scheme of things.  Having +12 body armor will not stop you from dying (anyone can get the same level of armor if they are willing to pay the upkeep or wear it less often, unless you are heirlooming the lame looking black armor, which very few do because of upkeep and it doesnt stop them from dying), +5 damage, +2 speed will not make you a God on the battlefield with your sword (92 to 94 speed is like a 2% difference).  The experience cap is astronomical so even with a huge xp bonus nearing the cap you would only get at best +1 powerstrike and IF with +3 strength for the extra 3 levels before the xp requirements starts entering the billions.  None of these diffeences are at all game breaking or come even close to it, which is what chadz planned when he switched it from the pre-patch retirement.  If you don't want any levelling/retiring and all equipment exactly the same as everybody elses, native is always available, but as of now its not a broken system.

You are right about the usefullness of retirement, but I think chadz once said he wanted heirloomed stuff to be rare and special... That's not really the case atm  :lol:
Personnally, I retire because I like playing low level (the team doesn't count on you, no pressure :lol:), but I don't like doing alts too much, I still like to see my main char "grow up". So even with very little bonuses I would retire anyway. I don't know if many people are doing the same.

Offline Torp

• Knight
  • Renown: 66
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
  • Do evil to others before they do evil to you
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Kenkyaku
  • IRC nick: Torp
« Reply #214 on: February 18, 2011, 01:09:19 pm »
+1

You are right about the usefullness of retirement, but I think chadz once said he wanted heirloomed stuff to be rare and special... That's not really the case atm  :lol:
Personnally, I retire because I like playing low level (the team doesn't count on you, no pressure :lol:), but I don't like doing alts too much, I still like to see my main char "grow up". So even with very little bonuses I would retire anyway. I don't know if many people are doing the same.

i would, i need to feel some kind of progress for this game to be fun, and i get that through retirements... i would retire no matter what.

Offline Spawny

• Count
  • Renown: 152
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Templar_Spawny
« Reply #215 on: February 22, 2011, 05:22:48 pm »
+1
I would retire when I hit level 31, but I get sidetracked too often creating alts.
The only trouble I have is the incredibly slow pace at which my alts level. Kinda takes the fun out of creating new characters.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The problem is even if you are number 1 in NA you are still only number 467 in EU or the worst in AUS(number 17)

Offline Heroin

• Baron
  • Renown: 135
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
  • cRPG NA Server Admin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: MB
  • Game nicks: BlackHand_Heroin, Heroin_ATS, Heroin__JaBoNRA, Heroine_Heroin_MB, F8
« Reply #216 on: February 22, 2011, 05:29:12 pm »
The only trouble I have is the incredibly slow pace at which my alts level. Kinda takes the fun out of creating new characters.

This. It seems like level progression to 30 is balanced for gen 10+ people. It takes FOREVER to level up a gen 1. This is why I've just about given up on making alts. It's much more efficient to simply level a character up to 31, then respec into a different playstyle.
Quote from: Godfrey of Ibelin
I once fought for two days with an arrow through my testicle.

Offline Noble Crassius

• Noble
  • Renown: 12
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Long live the Han
    • View Profile
    • http://rotk.ws/
  • Faction: Han Empire
  • Game nicks: Han_Ling, SiegeSome, Fallen_Knight
« Reply #217 on: February 22, 2011, 05:35:25 pm »
+1
Just cap the xp you can get per min. Wala people will still retire for their looms and not be able to do it in a day anymore.
On it.

Offline Espu

• The good
  • Count
  • Renown: 261
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Espu
« Reply #218 on: February 22, 2011, 06:19:30 pm »
+1
Leveling up is pleasantly fast already. I constantly make alts and level them to lvl 20+ in two evenings. Of course reaching 30 is hard but it's not like you need to be lvl 30 to play.

Offline Boss_Awesome

• Earl
  • Renown: 338
  • Infamy: 65
  • cRPG Player
  • I am the Kwisatz Haderach
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade (Not the Coalition)
  • Game nicks: Boss_Awesome
« Reply #219 on: February 22, 2011, 09:46:57 pm »
+2
Heirlooms were cut to 1/3 in the new patch to reflect the increased difficulty of retirement.  However, the xp bonus remained the same.  This bonus should have been cut to 1/3 as wellx.    I like the current xp system, all the ideas in this thread concerning the xp system are bad. 

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #220 on: February 22, 2011, 09:56:53 pm »
+1
Heirlooms were cut to 1/3 in the new patch to reflect the increased difficulty of retirement.  However, the xp bonus remained the same.  This bonus should have been cut to 1/3 as wellx.    I like the current xp system, all the ideas in this thread concerning the xp system are bad.

Actually the xp bonus was reduced significantly from an exponential multiplier to a flat 10% per gen.  Wouldn't be adverse to seeing 1500 xp/minute for everyone again with only a 5% bonus per generation, would make it less of a grind for newbie players.  Also, paying 10000 gold per retirement seems fair, maybe paying for the cost of reblacksmithing to your better weapon/armor.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 09:59:10 pm by Keshian »
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline DrKronic

• Knight
  • Renown: 67
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • Arch Villain of cRPG
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I do what I want
« Reply #221 on: February 22, 2011, 10:35:29 pm »
+1

Actually the bonus went from an exponential to incremental(huge change)

I think all these phantom gen 30s need to be outed by the devs because guess what they DO NOT EXIST

Unless goretooth is now twenty characters by himself

I think this whole reNERFwhine is rolling to turn into a nerf for no reason against a fictional army of gen 20 fully heirloomed characters that don't even exist

I have no heirloomed armor and less heirlooms than before the theft

But let's get the waahmbulance out, always a good time to project our own failures on some unknown unfindable gamecrashing army (that doesn't exist)
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 10:44:07 pm by DrKronic »
Greed is for amateurs...Chaos, Disorder, Anarchy now that's fun!

Offline Heroin

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • cRPG NA Server Admin
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: BlackHand_Heroin, Heroin_ATS, Heroin__JaBoNRA, Heroine_Heroin_MB, F8
« Reply #222 on: February 22, 2011, 11:21:32 pm »
Actually the xp bonus was reduced significantly from an exponential multiplier to a flat 10% per gen.  Wouldn't be adverse to seeing 1500 xp/minute for everyone again with only a 5% bonus per generation, would make it less of a grind for newbie players.

I think this is a good idea.

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #223 on: February 23, 2011, 03:39:43 am »
+1
How abour each generation increasing the the max multiplier by 1?

On the first hand this sounds imbalanced, as with a mulitplier of 25 you can amass a lot of XP and gold, but on the other hand: how often do you win 25 rounds in a row?

This would encourage the seasoned players to win rounds constantly. Just an idea though.
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline Heroin

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • cRPG NA Server Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: February 23, 2011, 11:58:51 am »
How abour each generation increasing the the max multiplier by 1?

On the first hand this sounds imbalanced, as with a mulitplier of 25 you can amass a lot of XP and gold, but on the other hand: how often do you win 25 rounds in a row?

This would encourage the seasoned players to win rounds constantly. Just an idea though.

For "normal" players, this would be fine, in theory. However, there ARE players that win 25 rounds in a row consistantly. And this system would be the equivalent of giving those players the old exponential XP bonus back. We'd once again see people at level 40 eventually.